43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Conceptual Question Economy

Both CRR & SLR are defined in terms of percentage of what?
1. Total or 2. Net

Demand and time liabilities?

Also when we have One reserve Ratio what is the need of the other?
Quotes don't inspire; People do. [ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਸਾਹਿਤ]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
मूर्खस्य पंच चिह्नानि गर्वो दुर्वचनं तथा । क्रोधश्च दृढवादश्च परवाक्येष्वनादरः ॥
5 signs of a fool : Vanity, wicked conversation, anger, stubborn arguments, & disrespect for other's opinion.
·

Comments

• Anyone please clear the air.
    मूर्खस्य पंच चिह्नानि गर्वो दुर्वचनं तथा । क्रोधश्च दृढवादश्च परवाक्येष्वनादरः ॥
    5 signs of a fool : Vanity, wicked conversation, anger, stubborn arguments, & disrespect for other's opinion.
    ·
  • edited April 17
    Caliburn said:

1. Total or 2. Net

Net Demand and Time Liabilities hota h.... in Total Demand and Time Liabilities ur are not considering the withdrawals made by customers but in NDTL we include the withdrawals made by customers.
    CRR &SLR bank ke pas jo paisa h us par lagta because the money bank has is their liability as they have to give it back after sometimes+they some interest to customers but if customer take their money back then it won't remain a liability for banks.(hindi me bolo to tnsn khatam ab to interest rate nahi dena padega bank ko)
    ·
  • I was expecting someone to say NDTL. So that I can ask him/her to check 12th Macro NCERT which says TOTAL clearly.
    Yahin pe dharamsankat hai bhayi.

Caliburn said:

1. Total or 2. Net

Net Demand and Time Liabilities hota h.... in Total Demand and Time Liabilities ur are not considering the withdrawals made by customers but in NDTL we include the withdrawals made by customers.
    CRR &SLR bank ke pas jo paisa h us par lagta because the money bank has is their liability as they have to give it back after sometimes+they some interest to customers but if customer take their money back then it won't remain a liability for banks.(hindi me bolo to tnsn khatam ab to interest rate nahi dena padega bank ko)
    ·
  • Caliburn said:

I was expecting someone to say NDTL. So that I can ask him/her to check 12th Macro NCERT which says TOTAL clearly.

Caliburn said:

1. Total or 2. Net

maine nahi padhi NCERT keval mrunal aur coaching notes dekha h +some googling ...page no btao NCERT ka
    ·
  • Caliburn said:

I was expecting someone to say NDTL. So that I can ask him/her to check 12th Macro NCERT which says TOTAL clearly.

Caliburn said:

1. Total or 2. Net

lo bhai RBI ki website se clear kar lya NDTL hi hota h ..
    https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/BS_ViewMasCirculardetails.aspx?id=9067

·
  • Thanks Bhai,
    NCERT 12th new page 40 first line (which starts from last page) reads as -

".....There is another tool called SLR which requires the banks to maintain a given fraction of their total demand and time deposits in the form of specified liquid assets........"

Sorry - Photo attach hi nahi ho raha Forum app pe.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google