Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Is insightsonindia secure initiative overrated ?

Lot of people claim and recommend doing secure. I am very confused about it as all the questions are a line picked up from editorials or articles of newspapers mostly TH. It takes lot of time if we try to complete all the questions there. And I really wonder how come all the editorials are important everyday? Suggestions please if it is helpful or should I skip it ?
·

Comments

• Earlier it was good, productive and I enjoyed it a lot but now it is useless and pure waste of time. Quality of question has gone down terribly. Ans which people write there are simply beating around the bush with no approach. Sheeps praise them. Dont' waste time in doing it. I was lucky to see ans of one female candidate on one test series. That female candidate was allegedly rockstar writer of secure. People threw tons of praises for her writing(frankly which were below avg quality). Her ans on live test series became model ans for how not to ever write an ans. And if you read that ans, you will laugh literally. Such people spread rumors that they practice a lot abd cant get through.
    So my point is, dont do secure. Instead quality of questions in forum's portal are good, practice them. 2 questions in a day are enough to have momentum. They cover editorials which are significant wrt syllabus. Avoid repetitive editorials like back to back on npa or demonetisation, avoid political ones.
    Ps- this was my exp which I shared, you can see if it fits you and choose accordingly.
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
    ·
  • Thank you very much. will try forum's.
    ·
  • edited March 18
    Buddy I will suggest write 2-3 answer daily that's all and rest just read other question and answer to get a sense of relevant topics.
    ·
  • thank you for the suggestion brother.
    ·
  • Bhai secure was never very useful..some candidates in 2015 made a hawa of it..though one can accept that, they cover questions on issues in current affirs directly / indirectly, but many questions are waste..they make some questions for the sake of making..but good things is, you can get important editorials from different sources aur wo bhi poore saal ka, that can be helpful..Baki answers me to different dena hi better hai, depth me kuch nahi chahiye GS me
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.

Optional philosophy, Chomu-philosopher + Chomu-engineer!
    ·
  • edited March 18
    Its always easy to have a simpler route. Its always easy to talk about something without actually going through the process, the churning on your own.
    Secure was exhaustive and will remain so.
    People at Forum consists of a lot of new entrants who have not gone through the times when Insights brought answer writing to the forefront and was then taken up by many other Instis including Forum and Baba. So their will be views against it naturally.
    ·
  • Its always easy to have a simpler route. Its always easy to talk about something without actually going through the process, the churning on your own.
    Secure was exhaustive and will remain so.
    People at Forum consists of a lot of new entrants who have not gone through the times when Insights brought answer writing to the forefront and was then taken up by many other Instis including Forum and Baba. So their will be views against it naturally.

Bhai exhaustive to chokka sir the.. :p
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.

Optional philosophy, Chomu-philosopher + Chomu-engineer!
    ·
  • Its not overrated.Take it from me,bro.But then it depends on your expectations from a "perfect source" and what is "practically feasible" . By that logic,even CSE is highly overrated.hehe.
    ·
  • But the best way of using SECURE is to READ ( and not write ) its compilations after prelims.One third ques would b bogus.Read the rest.take out wht u find out NEW from there.Underline it there or add in your CA notes.I gave 12 days to cover 12 months of SECURE after prelims ; for first reading.Marked important questions and points.Revised them all in 3 days , just before mains . SECURE helped me to escape from that " mental block" , which happens in exam hall and cover some left out issues.Thank you !
    ·
  • @federer i completely agree on this CSE has become highly overrated exam.. :D ;)
    ·
  • Viju167 said:

@federer i completely agree on this CSE has become highly overrated exam.. :D ;)

hehe. Absolutely true.
    ·
  • Their target of posting 8-10 questions everyday forces them to fill in with absurd out of context questions. But they're definitely good for reading, and I don't think going through them would make your answer writing abilities worse.
    ·
  • federer said:

But the best way of using SECURE is to READ ( and not write ) its compilations after prelims.One third ques would b bogus.Read the rest.take out wht u find out NEW from there.Underline it there or add in your CA notes.I gave 12 days to cover 12 months of SECURE after prelims ; for first reading.Marked important questions and points.Revised them all in 3 days , just before mains . SECURE helped me to escape from that " mental block" , which happens in exam hall and cover some left out issues.Thank you !

Huge admirer of Federer! Please can you tell me how exactly did you utilise your time between pre and mains. 12 days have been accounted for! lol Please aur batao!!!!!
    ·
  • federer said:

But the best way of using SECURE is to READ ( and not write ) its compilations after prelims.One third ques would b bogus.Read the rest.take out wht u find out NEW from there.Underline it there or add in your CA notes.I gave 12 days to cover 12 months of SECURE after prelims ; for first reading.Marked important questions and points.Revised them all in 3 days , just before mains . SECURE helped me to escape from that " mental block" , which happens in exam hall and cover some left out issues.Thank you !

Huge admirer of Federer! Please can you tell me how exactly did you utilise your time between pre and mains. 12 days have been accounted for! lol Please aur batao!!!!!
    See bro,my way of studying is - to study intensely wid all focus for 6 hours a day and sports or do whatever(movies,roaming anything) for rest of the day.So after prelims,i keep ur fon away (nd switched off) whenever u are studying .

Now how to use those 4 months ?

I did like this - From Aug 9 - 20 , finished SECURE. Some load offloaded.

Then from 20 Aug - 10 September,give time EXCLUSIVELY to strengthen , recollect ur optional and getting hold of concepts.Dont delay it,please.

keep doing atleast 2 newspaprs n their short notes.Make notes ATLEAST after prelims (even if u didnt do it before).Do it atleaat till 1 month befre mains.

Now 10 Sep - 15 Oct ,i gave to GS 2, 3 and essay writing.Did vision + my own notes ( of newspapers + vision monthly + Insights into editorial compilations )
    revision ( Evernote + paper mode) + Yojana summary of past 6 months . Wrote 8 essays .

Then 15 Oct - 30 Oct , became most sincere.This is most imp. time.Revised everything what i had done since 7 August.This boosted me up for the final month as i now had lots of interlinkages of topics in my mind and flow of answers( in test series) was becoming natural (and not a forced one ).

Now 5 days till 5 november for optional revision.Then next 15 days , I gave for extensive preparation of GS 1.So till 20 November i had covered everything nd revised too twice-thrice.

Then next 12 days for relaxing + jo area weak lage,use padhna and just reading vision 365 speedily once.

So u see,much can b done in 4 months or 720 hours.Just focus.Believe in urself.Be wild in ur self belief.Unleash it.hehe.Regard ur sources as best ones.Stop looking at net for sources.hehe

Some things to be kept in mind bro -

1. Fix ur sources on 19 june that what all you are going to study in next 4 months.Fix it.

2. Keep it light weighed.

3. Stress is normal and will happen (if one is yet to clear mains) .

4. PLEASE MAKE UR OWN NOTES FROM NEWSPAPERS FROM TODAY ITSELF.may be just on one article daily.Because u will INTERNALISE that.And bro, internalisation only can bring clarity in your thought process and your answer writing.Believe me.

4. By all means do GS 1 AT LAST.BUT DONT IGNORE IT. My thinking says that GS 1 should be one's strongest area.It helps.

5. Dont study whole day or 12 hours.Rather study intensely and wid all focus for 6 hours. THIS IS THE BEST ADVICE FROM MY EXPERIENCE. Because if u r not focussed,then its very much possible to hold d book in hand for 12 hours and still cover just 1 page.It happened wid me so many times in beginning.So crux is to keep urself fresh nd not overburn.

Now answer writing part is left.hehe.Cheers !
    ·
  • federer said:

federer said:

See bro,my way of studying is - to study intensely wid all focus for 6 hours a day and sports or do whatever(movies,roaming anything) for rest of the day.So after prelims,i keep ur fon away (nd switched off) whenever u are studying .

Then from 20 Aug - 10 September,give time EXCLUSIVELY to strengthen , recollect ur optional and getting hold of concepts.Dont delay it,please.

keep doing atleast 2 newspaprs n their short notes.Make notes ATLEAST after prelims (even if u didnt do it before).Do it atleaat till 1 month befre mains.

Now 10 Sep - 15 Oct ,i gave to GS 2, 3 and essay writing.Did vision + my own notes ( of newspapers + vision monthly + Insights into editorial compilations )
    revision ( Evernote + paper mode) + Yojana summary of past 6 months . Wrote 8 essays .

Then 15 Oct - 30 Oct , became most sincere.This is most imp. time.Revised everything what i had done since 7 August.This boosted me up for the final month as i now had lots of interlinkages of topics in my mind and flow of answers( in test series) was becoming natural (and not a forced one ).

Now 5 days till 5 november for optional revision.Then next 15 days , I gave for extensive preparation of GS 1.So till 20 November i had covered everything nd revised too twice-thrice.

Then next 12 days for relaxing + jo area weak lage,use padhna and just reading vision 365 speedily once.

So u see,much can b done in 4 months or 720 hours.Just focus.Believe in urself.Be wild in ur self belief.Unleash it.hehe.Regard ur sources as best ones.Stop looking at net for sources.hehe

1. Fix ur sources on 19 june that what all you are going to study in next 4 months.Fix it.

4. PLEASE MAKE UR OWN NOTES FROM NEWSPAPERS FROM TODAY ITSELF.may be just on one article daily.Because u will INTERNALISE that.And bro, internalisation only can bring clarity in your thought process and your answer writing.Believe me.

4. By all means do GS 1 AT LAST.BUT DONT IGNORE IT. My thinking says that GS 1 should be one's strongest area.It helps.

5. Dont study whole day or 12 hours.Rather study intensely and wid all focus for 6 hours. THIS IS THE BEST ADVICE FROM MY EXPERIENCE. Because if u r not focussed,then its very much possible to hold d book in hand for 12 hours and still cover just 1 page.It happened wid me so many times in beginning.So crux is to keep urself fresh nd not overburn.

And Essay too :fearful:
    ·
  • What I feel is, roz ka 2-3 article thik hota hai insights mein. Baaki sab bogus.
    federer said:

federer said:

@federer sahi bola hai. Vision+Insights compilation will do. Baaki toh fir sab apna apna sources hai
    ·
  • federer said:

federer said:

Thanks so much!! For me you have been a winner and a very wise person since the day you spoke about sociology to me. This has really helped me, just like what you wrote for sociology helped me a lot. I feel individuals like you, wise and innovative, solution finders should become officers :)
    Lastly, Im a total fangirl; not bhai :)
    I have tweaked my way of looking at how to deal with the syllabus and my preparation according to your advice. Thanks!!
    ·
  • Viju167 said:

@federer i completely agree on this CSE has become highly overrated exam.. :D ;)

Overrated nahi kahunga
    Overhyped kahunga

Overrated isliye nahi kahunga kyunki yaar taqdeer to badal hi deti hai ye exam khaskar un logon ki jinke paas zyada options nahi hote ya jinko kuch humanitarian kaam karne ka ya policy me direct impact marne ka bada showk hota hai

Overhyped isliye kahunga kyunki kuch log apne achche banae banaya carrier ko chorkar iski preparation me kood padte hain aur milta hai laddoo.

Ha ha ha
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·
  • federer said:

Its not overrated.Take it from me,bro.But then it depends on your expectations from a "perfect source" and what is "practically feasible" . By that logic,even CSE is highly overrated.hehe.

+1
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·
  • Tudor said:

Viju167 said:

Overrated nahi kahunga
    Overhyped kahunga

Overrated isliye nahi kahunga kyunki yaar taqdeer to badal hi deti hai ye exam khaskar un logon ki jinke paas zyada options nahi hote ya jinko kuch humanitarian kaam karne ka ya policy me direct impact marne ka bada showk hota hai

Overhyped isliye kahunga kyunki kuch log apne achche banae banaya carrier ko chorkar iski preparation me kood padte hain aur milta hai laddoo.

Ha ha ha
    Overrated sirf isliye bola as max. people think clearing CSE and enjoying the " 6 months limelight " (4 din ki chaandni,hehe) as the END goal.Bas thoda zameen pe rahein to sab badhiya hi h.hehe.
    ·
  • federer said:

federer said:

Thanks so much!! For me you have been a winner and a very wise person since the day you spoke about sociology to me. This has really helped me, just like what you wrote for sociology helped me a lot. I feel individuals like you, wise and innovative, solution finders should become officers :)
    Lastly, Im a total fangirl; not bhai :)
    I have tweaked my way of looking at how to deal with the syllabus and my preparation according to your advice. Thanks!!
    Cheers !! Glad that it helped.I am open if you/anyone face problems . I have done many trial and errors in this upsc process in first attempt itself,so have some knowledge about how to get things done.Thank you !! hehe.
    ·
  • edited March 22
    federer said:

Tudor said:

Viju167 said:

Overrated nahi kahunga
    Overhyped kahunga

Ha ha ha
    Overrated sirf isliye bola as max. people think clearing CSE and enjoying the " 6 months limelight " (4 din ki chaandni,hehe) as the END goal.Bas thoda zameen pe rahein to sab badhiya hi h.hehe.
    Ha ha ha :lol:
    Sahi hai
    Account Ditched
    youtu.be/0sFvFVkeGVg
    ·
  • edited March 22
    @federer bakar thread waale ho kya?
    That night bird
    Kya bataya khatun ko hame bhi batao yaar
    Room me baithe baithe bore ho gaye h
    And padhai bhi nahi hoti ab
    MARGDARSHAN KARE
    ·
  • bhai me us thread pe aata tha jo post - mains bakar k liye bna tha aur jahan wo shero shayari ka daur chalta tha.I know u.Raam raam.Ivan bhai to aate nahi ab.

Khatun ko to socio ka bataya tha .

Apke liye just two advice -

1. kuch din time set karke ,fon offkarke padho wid mindset " aaj 6 ghante SIRF pdhna hi h.dekhte h kya hota h".

2. Book wook to apko pata hi h sab wahi h pre k liye.Bas insights + Vision + Forum k sabhi tests 2 baar karo.

Baaki to aap samajhdaar h hi.

Ye kariye bhai,fir revision k baare me baat krenge last month k liye.
    ·
  • federer said:

bhai me us thread pe aata tha jo post - mains bakar k liye bna tha aur jahan wo shero shayari ka daur chalta tha.I know u.Raam raam.Ivan bhai to aate nahi ab.

Khatun ko to socio ka bataya tha .

Apke liye just two advice -

1. kuch din time set karke ,fon offkarke padho wid mindset " aaj 6 ghante SIRF pdhna hi h.dekhte h kya hota h".

2. Book wook to apko pata hi h sab wahi h pre k liye.Bas insights + Vision + Forum k sabhi tests 2 baar karo.

Baaki to aap samajhdaar h hi.

Ye kariye bhai,fir revision k baare me baat krenge last month k liye.

@federer aur essay k bare m aapki kya raay
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog