[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

CSE 2017-18 Jaipur Aspirants

Hello all,
I hope you all are gearing up for CSE 2017 as prelims are now merely 3 months away. Also, optional preparation should be concluded before prelims. This is all good and well but every now and then we may face certain ups and downs and all we look for is a little conversation with some 'likeminded' to get through them. Also, it would help us being regular and humane. ☺

So, let's gather here and talk whenever feel like it. Priority should be ofcourse studies but most of those could be addressed in other threads too. Here, we could write 'how it is going' or 'are we feel'n it' with certain methods and motivations.
The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide.
·

Comments

• For example let me write first and others may follow...

I m all dedicated to this attempt. I have joined prelims test series and mains test series and been following them religiously. 80℅ prelims course is done but I m worrying too much over revision.
    I m also worrying over mains writing practice, optional and back up jobs.

P.s.:-
    no of attempts or age or anything which affects us "only" psychologically and has nothing to do with "a good attempt" need not be shared.
    Let us do something constructive here which would benefit us all. ☺
    ·
  • higgs said:

For example let me write first and others may follow...

I m all dedicated to this attempt. I have joined prelims test series and mains test series and been following them religiously. 80℅ prelims course is done but I m worrying too much over revision.
    I m also worrying over mains writing practice, optional and back up jobs.

P.s.:-
    no of attempts or age or anything which affects us "only" psychologically and has nothing to do with "a good attempt" need not be shared.
    Let us do something constructive here which would benefit us all. ☺

1. if 80% of the syllabus is done, then no need to worry sir, attempt as many test papers as you can and analyze your mistakes. Keep a record of your mistakes in a notebook and never repeat them.
    2. Regarding revision- short notes always helps, revising from test papers is also good.
    3. writing practice for the mains can be managed between prelims and mains, if you gear up very soon after the prelims.
    4. Optional- its great to complete it before prelims, but if not completed yet, then at least try to complete 1 paper of your optional before prelims and the second one can be done after prelims too.
    5. Back up- well if you doing well for upsc, and attempts and age are on your side, no need to worry for back ups, else you can always appear for state pcs, ssc or RBI grade B etc. To be honest RPSC eats up a lot of time of your upsc preparation and it certainly hampers your CSE attempt as people go crazy over court cases and frequent postponement of exams. So it better be avoided if serious upsc attempt is the main focus and back up is the secondary.

कभी किसी को मुकम्मल जहाँ नहीं मिलता..
    कहीं ज़मीं तो कहीं आसमां नहीं मिलता.....

·
  • edited March 15
    Thanks for reviewing @MARCOS

1. & 2. I m giving iasbaba pre test series. Which else should I join? Preparing a small revision index. Can you tell one or two examples of frequent mistakes which are to be notedown in notebook... just give a glimpse exactly how to do it. ☺
    5. I totally agree with you about RPSC. I have decided RBI and SSC to go with. But right now I have not been able to manage time for these. I would try to get 2 H atleast since April.

Are you apearing too this year?
    ·
  • edited March 15
    higgs said:

Thanks for reviewing @MARCOS

1. & 2. I m giving iasbaba pre test series. Which else should I join? Preparing a small revision index. Can you tell one or two examples of frequent mistakes which are to be notedown in notebook... just give a glimpse exactly how to do it. ☺
    5. I totally agree with you about RPSC. I have decided RBI and SSC to go with. But right now I have not been able to manage time for these. I would try to get 2 H atleast since April.

Are you apearing too this year?

• I would say you should attempt vision+insightsonindia test papers also, as you have enough time to do that.
    • How to record mistakes in the notebook? - Its really simple sir, when you attempt a test paper, let say you are attempting a polity question regarding the president's power, and if you attempt it wrong, then study the relevant portion from laxmikanth, make a short note of topic emphasizing on the mistake part in the notebook and done. Now its a must revise note for the prelims for you, as your concepts in that part were shaky.
    • Right now I am stuck in the RAS mains 2016, hopefully will appear for the CSE 2017 also.

·
  • Thanks @MARCOS. It was really helpful. ☺
    ·
  • higgs said:

Thanks @MARCOS. It was really helpful. ☺

:+1: All the best :)

·
  • @MARCOS bhai vision test series join na Karen toh...iske solved test series milegi kya market me?
    ये वक़्त ना ठहरा है, ये वक़्त ना ठहरेगा |
    यूही गुज़र जाएगा घबराना कैसा |
    हिम्मत से काम लेंगे, घबराना कैसा |
    ·
  • @MARCOS bhai vision test series join na Karen toh...iske solved test series milegi kya market me?

Sir ji kisne kaha ki join karni hai, xerox available hai market me, vaise aap to delhi me hi ho na, Image runner (near axis bank, ORN) se le aaiye. :wink:

·
  • BTW what's the living expanses at Jaipur...plus best area to stay meaning Jaipur's version of Orn, Patel Nagar kya h ?
    ·
  • Conquering UPSC Mains 2017
    ·
  • edited March 15
    @higgs boson. 80% means u r already through. I could not complete even half the syllabus in my 2 attempts... Although cleared both with a considerable margin...
    ·
  • BTW what's the living expanses at Jaipur...plus best area to stay meaning Jaipur's version of Orn, Patel Nagar kya h ?

AFAIK, There is nothing called ORN of jaipur. lal kothi, tonk phatak area are student areas but nowhere near to the requirements of UPSC aspirants ! Nothing derogatory for any jobs but most of the people are preparing for banks, teacher exams-3rd grade, 2nd grade etc. and upsc janta is less. Even lesser in english medium.

Most of UPSC aspirants are scattered. They live in Lal Kothi area, Tonk Phatak, JP phatak, Barkat Nagar, Mansarovar, Gopalpura, Mahesh Nagar, Bapu nagar etc to name a few. Libraries are there but not that good, no feel of upsc type janta.

• living expenditure depends, but rooms with attach lat-bath and kitchen within 6k easily available, cost comes to 3k if room is shared one.
    • Tiffin - 2k to 3k.
    • Internet - Jio sim is the way out, broadband penetration is extremely poor and area specific.
    • Public transport- pathetic, jugnoo is the savior or can go for private taxis, so basically bike is a must if you are an outgoing person.
    • Xerox is costly and only few shops for cheaper prints, so have to travel to those areas else printer becomes a necessity if you like to print more often.

·
  • @higgs boson. 80% means u r already through. I could not complete even half the syllabus in my 2 attempts... Although cleared both with a considerable margin...

Bhai, I have been following iasbaba plan since August with daily current affairs n all, their whole syllabus would be done before the ending of March... Considering that 95% (100% is unrealistic), I have done syllabus once.
    However, without revision it's worth noting. ☺
    ·
  • MARCOS said:

BTW what's the living expanses at Jaipur...plus best area to stay meaning Jaipur's version of Orn, Patel Nagar kya h ?

AFAIK, There is nothing called ORN of jaipur. lal kothi, tonk phatak area are student areas but nowhere near to the requirements of UPSC aspirants ! Nothing derogatory for any jobs but most of the people are preparing for banks, teacher exams-3rd grade, 2nd grade etc. and upsc janta is less. Even lesser in english medium.

Most of UPSC aspirants are scattered. They live in Lal Kothi area, Tonk Phatak, JP phatak, Barkat Nagar, Mansarovar, Gopalpura, Mahesh Nagar, Bapu nagar etc to name a few. Libraries are there but not that good, no feel of upsc type janta.

• living expenditure depends, but rooms with attach lat-bath and kitchen within 6k easily available, cost comes to 3k if room is shared one.
    • Tiffin - 2k to 3k.
    • Internet - Jio sim is the way out, broadband penetration is extremely poor and area specific.
    • Public transport- pathetic, jugnoo is the savior or can go for private taxis, so basically bike is a must if you are an outgoing person.
    • Xerox is costly and only few shops for cheaper prints, so have to travel to those areas else printer becomes a necessity if you like to print more often.

+1
    ·
  • @higgs bro, I m not even doubting your capability or even IAS Baba's plan. What I m trying to convey is, this exam is more about common sense, general awareness (not scientist waala) and having risk taking ability... And a bit of luck too... I mean what I felt is this... Baaki U must be doing good for yourself...
    ·
  • Thanks a lot Bhai
    ·
  • @higgs bro, I m not even doubting your capability or even IAS Baba's plan. What I m trying to convey is, this exam is more about common sense, general awareness (not scientist waala) and having risk taking ability... And a bit of luck too... I mean what I felt is this... Baaki U must be doing good for yourself...

You are right! But all the above factors come along with confidence. I was prepared decent enough for last prelims yar... but pata nahi kitne marks se kat gaya. So, I am pretty well shaken. So, not leaving any stone unturned this time. I hope you understand. ☺
    And I say you are right cause almost all of my friends got through with the above factors as you have mentioned. Though some of us have to make run for it. ☺
    ·
  • higgs said:

@higgs bro, I m not even doubting your capability or even IAS Baba's plan. What I m trying to convey is, this exam is more about common sense, general awareness (not scientist waala) and having risk taking ability... And a bit of luck too... I mean what I felt is this... Baaki U must be doing good for yourself...

You are right! But all the above factors come along with confidence. I was prepared decent enough for last prelims yar... but pata nahi kitne marks se kat gaya. So, I am pretty well shaken. So, not leaving any stone unturned this time. I hope you understand. ☺
    And I say you are right cause almost all of my friends got through with the above factors as you have mentioned. Though some of us have to make run for it. ☺
    They are sply good in env n anc & med. History... Polity n geo was also above avg...even remembering this much n little luck will get u through...
    ·
  • higgs said:

@higgs bro, I m not even doubting your capability or even IAS Baba's plan. What I m trying to convey is, this exam is more about common sense, general awareness (not scientist waala) and having risk taking ability... And a bit of luck too... I mean what I felt is this... Baaki U must be doing good for yourself...

They are sply good in env n anc & med. History... Polity n geo was also above avg...even remembering this much n little luck will get u through...
    +1
    ·
  • We also have to see the pattern... Its more about newspapers now than anything else...
    ·
  • @higgs ATB bhai. May u succeed this time
    ·
  • @higgs ATB bhai. May u succeed this time

Thanks bhai. ☺
    ·
  • Yar, revision is boring!!
    ·
  • Sahi baat hai
    ·
  • dilli se hoooo bhanchoo
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog