ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Dejected disapointed depressed All dreams shattered Patella fracture

Im 23 feel dejected disappointed depressed Started preparation in 2014 joined a so called prestigious institute
Didnt gave 2015 attempt gave in 2016 couldnt clear prelims 2 times cds conference out got failed in capf exam have a dream to join unfiorm service those 3years were pretty tough in varous ways but i didnt knew dat brutal time is yet to come i feel dejected 2 days back my right leg slipped then we went to d ospital the doctor said u have a patella fracture (my knee ankle has been severely damaged ) and u hv to undergo a surgery after dat hv to use crutches for 1 month i feel disheartened i dont know what to do + my typhoid treatment is also going on i cant explain u guyz what im going through i cant show my parents dat im loosing i always pretend chilled up in front of them but i know road from here is not easy is it end of a road for me ps sorry for grammatical errors
·

Comments

• Drop the macho act and tell your parents. Tell them you are ill and unhappy. Go home and take a break. Or atleast have someone come over and take care of you if you are living away from home.
    There is no human way you will do well in exams if you are this miserable, physically and mentally. There's enough time before the prelims.
    feet fail me not!
    ·
  • Wenkula said:

Im 23 feel dejected disappointed depressed Started preparation in 2014 joined a so called prestigious institute
    Didnt gave 2015 attempt gave in 2016 couldnt clear prelims 2 times cds conference out got failed in capf exam have a dream to join unfiorm service those 3years were pretty tough in varous ways but i didnt knew dat brutal time is yet to come i feel dejected 2 days back my right leg slipped then we went to d ospital the doctor said u have a patella fracture (my knee ankle has been severely damaged ) and u hv to undergo a surgery after dat hv to use crutches for 1 month i feel disheartened i dont know what to do + my typhoid treatment is also going on i cant explain u guyz what im going through i cant show my parents dat im loosing i always pretend chilled up in front of them but i know road from here is not easy is it end of a road for me ps sorry for grammatical errors

Aapka toh mera jaisa hua.... Failed 2 pre, then got attacked with MDR-TB in Delhi. Immediately my hip got some problem. Almost 18 months treatment. I need help of another even to go to washroom for first 4 months due to hip problem. Lost all my courage. Finally better now.....

Life is just testing....
    ·
  • reaper said:

Wenkula said:

Aapka toh mera jaisa hua.... Failed 2 pre, then got attacked with MDR-TB in Delhi. Immediately my hip got some problem. Almost 18 months treatment. I need help of another even to go to washroom for first 4 months due to hip problem. Lost all my courage. Finally better now.....

Life is just testing....
    MDR-TB...Yeezus, how did you catch it?!!Are you better now, no long term side effects?
    feet fail me not!
    ·
  • reaper said:

Wenkula said:

Life is just testing....
    MDR-TB...Yeezus, how did you catch it?!!Are you better now, no long term side effects?
    one of my good friends contracted TB as well, a few years back..
    generally, poor diet lead to it, plus pollution and no exercise contribute to it...
    goodbye forumIAS
    ·
  • edited March 15
    Wenkula said:

dont worry buddy, you will come out of it...
    crest and troughs of life continue to happen...
    just dont lose your passion, because that is the most important thing you would ever have...
    all the best for recovering and coming back with a bang.. :)

in addition you are just 23, life will give you a lot of chances, just be open to ideas and remain positive no matter what the circumstance..
    goodbye forumIAS
    ·
  • Eiago said:

Wenkula said:

dont worry buddy, you will come out of it...
    crest and troughs of life continue to happen...
    just dont lose your passion, because that is the most important thing you would ever have...
    all the best for recovering and coming back with a bang.. :)

in addition you are just 23, life will give you a lot of chances, just be open to ideas and remain positive no matter what the circumstance..
    Indeed. OP you have age and chances on your hand, don't worry too much. Focus on getting better.
    feet fail me not!
    ·
  • You are only 23. Many people don't even graduate at that age. Take some time off upsc and focus on your physical and mental health.
    Dont overthink.
    ·
  • Thanks guyz for charging me i know it is a testing time for me Tomorrow is my operation lets see what happens
    ·
  • Wenkula said:

Don't worry...U will be fine..last year I broke my leg in September....the fracture also impacted my mains and hence not qualified...but I realized that health is more imp than this exam..u r only 23 lot of opportunities yet to come..
    ·
  • reaper said:

Wenkula said:

Life is just testing....

Due to unhygienic conditions in Delhi... 2015 may... Municipality people ENT on a strike by throwing all garbage in roads for 1 week in ORN. Now am fine. Not much side effects.

It only taught angry young man like me to be with patience
    ·
  • reaper said:

reaper said:

Wenkula said:

Life is just testing....

Due to unhygienic conditions in Delhi... 2015 may... Municipality people ENT on a strike by throwing all garbage in roads for 1 week in ORN. Now am fine. Not much side effects.

Good to know. What was the treatment like?

This is sheer highway robbery, kya, throwing garbage on roads...
    At times I want someone to go all Lee Kuan Yew on these municipal gangs and then get a rage headache and have to stop thinking.
    feet fail me not!
    ·
  • Wenkula said:

Bro, I also have loss of cervical lordosis. Got diagnosed two week s back. Doctor said- after sitting for 20 minutes, you tae a 5 min rest. I said to myself - ho liya aise toh pre clear. But we cant do anything but try to make the best of such situations. Dont feel dejected- feel like a cornered tiger.

·
  • Wenkula said:

Bhai..... Bhai .... Wait .... Don't rush for surgery.... Do take 2 Nd or even third opinion from different doctors.... Many of the doctors in order to earn money are unethically suggesting surgery....

My elder brother in 2011 went through similar accident and was suggested surgery by some doctors... He was in lot of pain but consulted different doctors.... Some good doctors simply suggested him some basic exercises.

And today my brother is all right.... Infact he is taking coaching of marathon running and can run even 50 Kms.

So, please for God sake before availing surgery as option do take multiple advices and most importantly keep patience for good days to come.
    ·
  • edited March 17

reaper said:

reaper said:

Wenkula said:

Life is just testing....

Good to know. What was the treatment like?

This is sheer highway robbery, kya, throwing garbage on roads...
    At times I want someone to go all Lee Kuan Yew on these municipal gangs and then get a rage headache and have to stop thinking.

Treatment is damn unbearable... 10-15 pills daily which reduces to 6-7 only after 6 months. Dosage depends on weight of the patient. 120 compulsory injections daily (oil injections).... One will cry with pain as only butucks is the only region it will be given and no other muscle in body can beat that pain
    ·
  • edited March 17
    I am so, so, sorry. But I haven't laughed this hard in the past year. I read that as 120 injections daily...eheh. Ahh, is the treatment affordable for our bpl and blue collared classes?

I know I shouldn't....I hope your ah, bottom feels better. I hope you never, ever, fall ill!
    feet fail me not!
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google