ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Anthropology self Study group for serious attempt in 2017

edited March 8 in Anthropology
Hi guys m planning to make a WhatsApp or telegram group for anthropology discussion. It wud b only for those people who are doin serious selfstudy for 2017 and not for promoting coaching or asking questions not linked to Anthropology optional. Please give ur constructive suggestions and also lets c how many ppl interested

Comments

• We have one such telegram group of about 15-16 ppl. It's mostly people who have appeared for mains a few times and some already in services. Join if u like. But we don't talk much, we only individually ask for doubts as and when we have them and share materials that others may not have.

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAAmqQSIMbON0h_c1qQ

Now that I have posted it here, plz note a few things for anyone who wants to join.
    Plz b a senior player with some experience of mains.
    Plz have some kind of grip over the syllabus, previous yrs questions, trends etc.
    Plz be ready to share ur materials in case it is asked for by someone on the group.
    And lastly, plz don't be a noob asking generic questions for guidance.

I have failed upsc mains a couple of times.
  • buddhu said:

We have one such telegram group of about 15-16 ppl. It's mostly people who have appeared for mains a few times and some already in services. Join if u like. But we don't talk much, we only individually ask for doubts as and when we have them and share materials that others may not have.

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAAmqQSIMbON0h_c1qQ

Now that I have posted it here, plz note a few things for anyone who wants to join.
    Plz b a senior player with some experience of mains.
    Plz have some kind of grip over the syllabus, previous yrs questions, trends etc.
    Plz be ready to share ur materials in case it is asked for by someone on the group.
    And lastly, plz don't be a noob asking generic questions for guidance.

Great this is what I was aiming for :)
  • i also want to join. Been my third mains with anthro but no call yet. Can share my experience and get inputs for improving my score. My score is stuck at 200-210 range. Concepts in P1 are very clear. P2 and presentation are my weakness but unable to steer clear of them. Pl add me and lets ask successful candidates of anthro on forum
    to guide us.
  • This is exactly the kind of interaction I was looking for. Previously written mains with economics optional, but this will be my first attempt with Anthropology. Have been reading the subject on my own, with the guidance of my younger sister who cleared CSE 2016 with Anthropology as optional (AIR 210). Kindly add me in the group. Thanks.
  • Kindly add me too. This is my 2nd attempt and constructive group is what i am looking for to continue my optional preparation
  • I would also like to join.kindly add me
  • @root plz close this thread and delete it. Thanks.

• Kindly add me..3 times anthro in mains..no success
  • Hi guys.. Keep up the spirits.. We will succeed.. I
    PT-4, Mains-1, Interview-NA, Rank-NA
    Selection Target 2017
  • prasant said:

Kindly add me..3 times anthro in mains..no success

Can u tell your anthro marks in the earlier attempts if you have no problem in sharing. Actually i was thinking of taking this optional for 2018, kindly shed some light!
  • Hi everyone this will be my first attempt 2017 with Anthropology as an optional but i haven't study material so please help me to figure out hole topic with best writer. Thanks
  • I bought braintree and muniratnam anthropology printed materials . Both the materials i purchased are totally copy of each other word by word and line by line. The only difference is braintree has 6 booklets and muniratam has 5 where they clubbed 2 booklets in 1. So,the both are exactly 100% same to same. I think the book shop has given me wrong materials,or may be both are same. Can anyone help me out to clear my confusion ?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog