REVISION CLASSES FOR PRELIMS 2017 by ForumIAS

ForumIAS will be conducting revision classes for Prelims 2017. The goal is to cover maximum topics in minimum time posible. The first class is scheduled today at 5 PM. Seats fill early so register early. Click Here to know more

best state commission exams

Hi all..

Being unaware about various state PSC exams..want to bring general info about them in one link..

Please share details on
1. Best(better than others) state service exams which are conducted

Regularly
Least corrupt

2. When are the notifications out for them in different states

3. Pattern overlapping with upsc

4. Quota for outstate candidates
·

Comments

• jharkhand
    ·
  • Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. The only state where even outsiders can do well.
    As for Rajasthan and Haryana, being outsiders is equivalent to never being selected.
    In case of states like Jharkhand and Chattisgarh, there are compulsory papers of local languages and local history and geography, virtually making it impossible for outsiders to get selected.
    In Bihar, there have been toppers (Rank 1) from outside Bihar.
    Even in UP, a lot of outsiders make it.
    Plus, the syllabus is such that it doesn't afford any advantage to insiders.
    ·
  • Thanks..@raushan @abhi44 ..

What r the upcoming notifications for state PSC?
    ·
  • I can say something about Rajasthan state PSC exam- though syllabus is more aligned to UPSC pattern. No optional only 3 papers of GS and 1 paper of Hindi and english in mains.
    But single vacancy takes 3-4 years! Outsiders are discriminated at the interview stage, even native of the state also get discriminated at the interview stage because of caste factor + Money and political support also becomes very dominant in few cases in the interviews.
    Recruitment process is slowed down because of court cases, single recruitment- multiple SC cases due to reservation issues, procedural mistakes done by the commission etc.
    So its a big big NO as of now for RPSC ! It ultimately consumes a lot of time without much in hand at the end. Though people can consider it if they have given enough attempts at UPSC (4+) and are good to handle such uncertain circumstances, to be honest beginners (or people with 1 or 2 attempts in CSE), must focus on UPSC only else will be compromising on upsc preparations, I have done that in my case.

Rest at all if you are giving RAS then inbox me anytime, I will be happy to help in whatever way I can :) Best wishes :)
    कभी किसी को मुकम्मल जहाँ नहीं मिलता..
    कहीं ज़मीं तो कहीं आसमां नहीं मिलता.....

·
  • An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • gawar1 said:

Thanks..@raushan @abhi44 ..

What r the upcoming notifications for state PSC?

UPPSC-2017 has been notified. Last date is 22nd March.
    ·
  • @MARCOS @dungeon_master thank u..

Rpsc is yet to finish it's mains 16 I think..what about 2017 notification then?

In case of uppsc..hows it..for an outsider?
    Like discrimination..and studying for up gk?
    ·
  • gawar1 said:

@MARCOS @dungeon_master thank u..

Remember rpsc 2016 only prelims is done..n they took 3 yrs in both of previous 2012 &13 no exam in 14&15.... Regarding notification don't expect it before UPSC prelim...
    ·
  • gawar1 said:

Notification for 2017 will be delayed this time, because SBC reservation issue is pending in the SC. once the issue is resolved, new vacancies can be notified accordingly.
    Last year notification came 15-20 days after the mains exam , this year also we can hope that notification for 2017 will be released 20 days after mains 2016, provided that SBC issue is resolved by the SC.

I don't know much about the UPPSC exam. sorry would not be able to say anything.
    कभी किसी को मुकम्मल जहाँ नहीं मिलता..
    कहीं ज़मीं तो कहीं आसमां नहीं मिलता.....

·
  • gawar1 said:

There is no discrimination as far as outsiders are concerned,in UPPSC. There are approx 5-10 questions from UP specific in pre,which can easily be prepared by reading any standard book on UP. Questions are generally of factual nature. In mains there are two optionals and one paper of Hindi[letter writing etc].GS papers are objective.
    ·
  • Theek hai..thanks..
    ·
  • UPPSC
    ·
  • MPSC is good but it has compulsory Marathi language paper. However it's as punctual as UPSC when it comes to follow annual calendar.
    ·
  • What about Punjab..uttrakhand..HP..how are they..and wen do they conduct..difficulty level..
    ·
  • MP PSC is also good option
    I HV got job in MP PSC in my first attempt. My home state is up.
    There is no optional paper in MP PSC
    ·
  • @abhi2610 wen is the exam conducted? Details..
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google