ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Writing Kasrat Daily

UPSC is nothing but scoring a lot of marks in Mains.
And to score a lot of marks in Mains, one needs to write.
Like a sprinter can't win sprints without practising for sprints every day, one can't score well in Mains without writing everyday.

Continue writing answers to Insights' Secure's questions daily, they help you create content as well as prepare Current Affairs.

What I want you to do here is to write 10 questions daily in 1.5 hours. The same speed you have to maintain in Mains, 20 questions in 3 hours.
Write even if you don't have the content for that question. Practice writing answers to such questions so that with time even your bull shit starts making sense.

I'll be posting questions based on the test series schedule of VISION IAS since most students enroll with them.
The schedule is of 22 Tests test series. That started on 29th Jan with GS-2.

Since the next test is on 6th March and of Post Independence India, World History, I'll be posting questions for the same from tomorrow until 6th March.
That is, for 3 days to come.

You guys have missed out on 5 tests hitherto. Those were of GS-2 and GS-1 (except Post Independence India and World History which is this week).

After Post Independence India and World History the next 2 weeks will have tests of Ethics, so during those 2 weeks we will try to fill in the backlogs by writing the tests that you have missed.
(After the Post Independence test we can finish the coming 7 tests (5 earlier + 2 Ethics) in the coming two weeks in a way that you wind up everything.)

That will amount to finishing up a component in almost 3 days. Which is appropriate according to me.
Starting today I'll be posting 10 questions daily for you guys to write.
Finish those 10 questions daily.

Make a routine. And stick to it.

Please note that this exercise is most suited for those who have just failed Mains, that is, who have already completed the entire syllabus at least once.

The broader strategy is to finish up the GS-Mains before 30th April by writing a lot of answers every efffing day.
And then utilise the remaining 47 days to cram and crack Prelims.
The Mains prep will also help you build foundations for Prelims by helping you be updated with concepts as well as current Affairs.

I am doing this exercise for a close set of friends and I thought it will be a great idea if I post those daily 10 questions here as well.

Remember this one thing, you will crack this exam the day you will replace a lot of Reading by a lot of Writing.

See you in a while with the questions.

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
·

Comments

• Shkk said:

Like a sprinter can't win sprints without practising for sprints every day, one can't score well in Mains without writing everyday.

Continue writing answers to Insights' Secure's questions daily, they help you create content as well as prepare Current Affairs.

What I want you to do here is to write 10 questions daily in 1.5 hours. The same speed you have to maintain in Mains, 20 questions in 3 hours.
    Write even if you don't have the content for that question. Practice writing answers to such questions so that with time even your bull shit starts making sense.

I'll be posting questions based on the test series schedule of VISION IAS since most students enroll with them.

Since the next test is on 6th March and of Post Independence India, World History, I'll be posting questions for the same from tomorrow until 6th March.

You guys have missed out on 5 tests hitherto. Those were of GS-2 and GS-1 (except Post Independence India and World History which is this week).

After Post Independence India and World History the next 2 weeks will have tests of Ethics, so during those 2 weeks we will try to fill in the backlogs by writing the tests that you have missed.
    (After the Post Independence test we can finish the coming 7 tests (5 earlier + 2 Ethics) in the coming two weeks in a way that you wind up everything.)

That will amount to finishing up a component in almost 3 days. Which is appropriate according to me.

Please note that this exercise is most suited for those who have just failed Mains, that is, who have already completed the entire syllabus at least once.

The broader strategy is to finish up the GS-Mains before 30th April by writing a lot of answers every efffing day.
    The Mains prep will also help you build foundations for Prelims by helping you be updated with concepts as well as current Affairs.

I am doing this exercise for a close set of friends and I thought it will be a great idea if I post those daily 10 questions here as well.

Remember this one thing, you will crack this exam the day you will replace a lot of Reading by a lot of Writing.

+1
    ·
  • Shkk said:

+1
    You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
    ·
  • Shkk said:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
    ·
  • edited March 4
    Demo Question.
    How Cultural nationalism is different from nationalism. In Indian context try to analyse its relationship with secularism.
    @shkk nice initiative.
    U can delete my post
    ·
  • +1
    I am in for this , shkk bro :)
    ·
  • Shkk said:

+1
    ·
  • +1
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • Made from NCERTs of 9th (for World History) and 12th (for Post Independence).
    Point is to see if we are comfortable with NCERTs content.

Do write your answers by tonight (even if you don't know anything about these) and keep them with yourself till the end.
    Just write.

1. Draw up a list of democratic rights we enjoy today whose origins could be traced to French Revolution.

2. Even after winning Independence, a majority of USA was still a slave. Explain with reference to the prevailing racism in America.

3. The League of Nations was more than a collective failure. Discuss.

4. What were the impacts of the first world war on India.

5. Cold war gave a lot of Hot outcomes to the world. Explain citing both the positives and negatives of the cold war. Also discuss if the Cold war has ceded or not.

6. The challenges of nation building differed on Eastern and Western fronts of India after its independence. Explain.

7. It is said that the nation is to a large extent an "imagined community" held together by common beliefs, history, political aspirations and imaginations. Identify the reasons that make India a nation.

8. What do you consider as the main differences between Mexico and India under one party domination.

9. Why did India choose Industry as its "prime mover" of economy and not Agriculture. Discuss with respect to the debate that ensued during the formation of the initial Five Year Plans.

10. Identify any two aspects of India's foreign policy that you would like to retain and two that you would like to change, if you were to become decision maker. Give reasons to support your position.

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
    ·
  • Shkk said:

Made from NCERTs of 9th (for World History) and 12th (for Post Independence).
    Point is to see if we are comfortable with NCERTs content.

Do write your answers by tonight (even if you don't know anything about these) and keep them with yourself till the end.
    Just write.

1. Draw up a list of democratic rights we enjoy today whose origins could be traced to French Revolution.

2. Even after winning Independence, a majority of USA was still a slave. Explain with reference to the prevailing racism in America.

3. The League of Nations was more than a collective failure. Discuss.

4. What were the impacts of the first world war on India.

5. Cold war gave a lot of Hot outcomes to the world. Explain citing both the positives and negatives of the cold war. Also discuss if the Cold war has ceded or not.

6. The challenges of nation building differed on Eastern and Western fronts of India after its independence. Explain.

7. It is said that the nation is to a large extent an "imagined community" held together by common beliefs, history, political aspirations and imaginations. Identify the reasons that make India a nation.

8. What do you consider as the main differences between Mexico and India under one party domination.

9. Why did India choose Industry as its "prime mover" of economy and not Agriculture. Discuss with respect to the debate that ensued during the formation of the initial Five Year Plans.

10. Identify any two aspects of India's foreign policy that you would like to retain and two that you would like to change, if you were to become decision maker. Give reasons to support your position.

Great initiative. Thanks.
    ·
  • I believe the above set of questions has 2 tough questions. UPSC also does the same. It asks you inane questions like McBride commission or West African Freedom fighters or Allelolapthy, etc.

Thus, one needs to practice writing answers to questions that one can barely answer.

And above all the above questions are (almost all of them) from NCERTs.

So kindly restrategise your reading priorities accordingly.

·
  • edited March 5
    Shkk said:

I believe the above set of questions has 2 tough questions. UPSC also does the same. It asks you inane questions like McBride commission or West African Freedom fighters or Allelolapthy, etc.

Thus, one needs to practice writing answers to questions that one can barely answer.

Are we going to evaluate those answers on our own???

·
  • Gargi S said:

Shkk said:

I believe the above set of questions has 2 tough questions. UPSC also does the same. It asks you inane questions like McBride commission or West African Freedom fighters or Allelolapthy, etc.

Are we going to evaluate those answers on our own???

Can't promise but will try to post some structures for these questions as far as possible.

·
  • Thanks! I will follow you.
    ·
  • edited March 5
    Continuing with Questions on World History and Post Independence.

Sources -
    Norman Lowe for World History.
    Politics in India Since Independence (12th Political Science NCERT)

1. What were the reasons that resulted into First World War?
    2. Why did the Central Powers lose in the First World War? Also, discuss what were the effects of this war?
    3. Britain is accused of "appeasement" before the Second World War. Was this appeasement justified? Who is to be blamed for Second World War?
    4. The Cuban Missile Crisis was the high point of the COld War? Do you agree? Justify your stand.
    5. The spread of Communism is associated with a lot of prolonged wars across the globe. Explain.

6. What was Green Revolution? Mention two positive and two negative consequences of it.
    7. "Foreign Policy is nothing but domestic constraints writ large". What does this statement mean. Explain with examples.
    8. Discuss the major issues that led to the split of Congress Party in 1969.
    9. Do movements and protests strengthen Democracy? Justify your answer with examples.
    10. Regional demands from different parts of the India exemplify the principle of Unity with Diversity. Do you agree? Give reasons.

Writing each answer will be a step closer to the RANK.

·
  • Shkk said:

Sources -

2. Why did the Central Powers lose in the First World War? Also, discuss what were the effects of this war?
    3. Britain is accused of "appeasement" before the Second World War. Was this appeasement justified? Who is to be blamed for Second World War?
    4. The Cuban Missile Crisis was the high point of the COld War? Do you agree? Justify your stand.
    5. The spread of Communism is associated with a lot of prolonged wars across the globe. Explain.

6. What was Green Revolution? Mention two positive and two negative consequences of it.
    7. "Foreign Policy is nothing but domestic constraints writ large". What does this statement mean. Explain with examples.
    9. Do movements and protests strengthen Democracy? Justify your answer with examples.
    10. Regional demands from different parts of the India exemplify the principle of Unity with Diversity. Do you agree? Give reasons.

Can we post the answers here
    ·
  • I will be writing 1st 10 questions today..
    Thanks a lot skkk
    I think we should form a whatsapp group where we can share our answers daily...only setious candidates..group of 3-4 studeNTS.
    ·
  • mahi2501 said:

I will be writing 1st 10 questions today..
    Thanks a lot skkk
    I think we should form a whatsapp group where we can share our answers daily...only setious candidates..group of 3-4 studeNTS.

Good going.
    You do the first ten questions. They are relatively tougher (as being told to me by my friends). And try posting your answers here. It'll motivate others to write and post. Which may start a chain reaction of answers. Leading to collective benefit.

I'll also try posting content or broader structure for them.

·
  • Gargi S said:

Shkk said:

Sources -

Can we post the answers here
    Sure why not.

·
  • Jagran said:

Demo Question.
    How Cultural nationalism is different from nationalism. In Indian context try to analyse its relationship with secularism.
    @shkk nice initiative.
    U can delete my post

@Jagran bhai do participate.
    Start writing answers. At least some broader structure for every question that you can.
    And try making answers on the questions that you don't know at all by reading them up.
    Your participation can act as catalyst for others to participate. So don't hold back.

·
  • Can we share our answers here, or keep it to ourselves? :#
    Shillong | Geography | Guitar
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google