[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Anyone who qualified mains in 5+attempts?

edited March 2 in Miscellaneous
Anyone here who qualified mains 2016 in 5+attempts.? If any, what worked for them? Plsss throw some light on this issue
·

Comments

• dogdog
    edited March 2
    One of my friends qualified in 7th attempt and he wrote mains in all his 7 attempts. I pray to god that he clears this year in his first interview after 6 failed attempts in mains.
    ·
  • dog said:

One of my friends qualified in 7th attempt and he wrote mains in all his 7 attempts. I pray to god that he clears this year in his first interview after 6 failed attempts in mains.

Waw,, great, but do attempts really matter?
    ·
  • kobrabhai said:

dog said:

Waw,, great, but do attempts really matter?
    No, except first attempt, it does not matter from 2nd
    ·
  • some person clame that UPsc give less mark in rationalization of option if attempts r more.
    iam in ambiguity as it will be my last attempt.i also feel it might happen ed as most ofmy answer in option were allign with coaching pawar sir analysis
    ·
  • Well i know someone who changed her optional and made it through in 6th attempt. So if you have caliber attempts may be can till make it after 4+ attemps
    ·
  • In , 5th attempt, general category
    ·

which optional? Did you make any changes in your preparation? Can you please share?
    ·

Congrats and wish u will make in the list
    ·
  • I know a fellow who changed his grad subject for another optional in his last attempt last year after having failed mains the previous 3 times. He got through into IRS-IT last time.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
    ·
  • Study hard write answer and show them to some best friend or teacher and if they say "WOW" 6th attempt ho ya 60th you can top the exam.... This is plain truth which you know very well....
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog