MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

HEALTHY DISCUSSION ON READING,WRITING,MOVIES,MUSIC ONLY

THERE ARE A LOT MANY CANDIDATES WHO OPT FOR READING,WRITING,WATCHING MOVIES,SINGING AND LISTENING TO MUSIC AS THEIR HOBBIES. LET THERE BE A PROFOUND DISCUSSION THREAD SPECIALLY FOR THESE TOPICS. LET US SHARE OUR KNOWLEDGE FREELY WITH EACH OTHER

Comments

• MUSIC DISCUSSIONS MAY INCLUDE -DIFFERENCE B/W INDIAN AND WESTERN,CARNATIC AND HINDUSTANI, KHAYAL AND DHRUPAD, FOLK AND CLASSICAL, SO FORTH. WE COULD DISCUSS ON BOLLYWOOD MUSIC -CHANGING TRENDS .

READING MAY INCLUDE READING BOOKS IN ANY LANGUAGE.

WRITING MAY INCLUDE WRITING ANYTHING CREATIVE IN ANY LANGUAGE.

WE COULD DISCUSS MOVIES OF ALL HUES HERE.

SO AND SO FORTH
  • watching moviesssss o:)
    IRTS2017 by CSM 2016 (present service)
    RBI Grade B Manager 2017
  • gariyan said:

watching moviesssss o:)

GREAT.....here we might discuss about all hues of movies from la la land to rangoon to guru dutt's classics
  • bro in reading books the most popular questions are-1.last book you read 2.your favourite book
    what questions can be asked if hobby is watching movies?????(these two are my hobbies)
  • Chuceps said:

gariyan said:

GREAT.....here we might discuss about all hues of movies from la la land to rangoon to guru dutt's classics
    Pyasaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....Guide.......Anand... Bawarchi....Chak de India.. Gone With the Wind....Saving private Ryan..philadelphia... Unforgiven..........Taxi Driver... Last Tango in Paris....Godfather1,2...
    soooo ooonnn... :p
    IRTS2017 by CSM 2016 (present service)
    RBI Grade B Manager 2017
  • gariyan said:

Chuceps said:

gariyan said:

Pyasaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....Guide.......Anand... Bawarchi....Chak de India.. Gone With the Wind....Saving private Ryan..philadelphia... Unforgiven..........Taxi Driver... Last Tango in Paris....Godfather1,2...
    soooo ooonnn... :p
    guide <3
  • bro in reading books the most popular questions are-1.last book you read 2.your favourite book
    what questions can be asked if hobby is watching movies?????(these two are my hobbies)

in reading books they can ask about fav author,writing style of that author....they may even ask u to narrate the summary of a book u recently read
  • I like hip-hop. One of my fav song.

CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
  • edited March 1
    musical instruments
    possible questions?
    it will matter in the end...definitely..
  • I like hip-hop. One of my fav song.

Nice song. :+1:
    Slow and steady ain't enough. You gotta be Fast & Furious.
  • ^^
    Thanks bro.

Please do post some of your favorite hip-hop songs.
    Thank Lord Shiva...
  • More:

Thank Lord Shiva...
  • Dire Straits* coming to India, Gurgaon on 17th March.
    Any Takers? :)

*Dire Straits Experience.
    Geography Optional.
  • ^^
    I would rather lay back and listen to 'Sultans of Swing' and 'Six Blade Knives' with my Sennheisers. :#

Post some good but non-popular songs. Will ya? Plzz... :)
    Thank Lord Shiva...
  • ^^
    Good neo-funk. I liked it.
    Good for Disco music.
    Thank Lord Shiva...
  • yaad teri kabhi dastak,kabhi sargoshi se
    raat ke pichle pehr roz jagaati hai humein

• banana said:

Some great nusic!!

<3
  • Chuceps said:

yaad teri kabhi dastak,kabhi sargoshi se
    raat ke pichle pehr roz jagaati hai humein

www.youtube.com/watch?v=82tyHLrjuBo

Wah! Wah!
    Wah! Wah!

Mazaa aa gaya... Kya nazm thi... <3
    Thank Lord Shiva...
  • Stand in an empty room and put this PoC symphony from Hans Zimmer on woofers and swivel like a sufi. Go apeshit... :D

Thank Lord Shiva...
  • Stand in an empty room and put this PoC symphony from Hans Zimmer on woofers and swivel like a sufi. Go apeshit... :D

<3
  • ^^
    A healthy 'Ramjas Virtual Music Fest' is going on, on that Ramjas Controversy thread. :D :joy:
    I am sure most of u must hv seen it. Many good songs hv been posted there.

It looks awkward to post them again here.

#come_one_come_all :)

#enjoy :p
    Thank Lord Shiva...
  • Anyone who likes Rock music?
    be a UPSC killer than a UPSC lover
  • edited March 8
    ^^

I do. And music is there in my DAF too. So, I hv to actively prepare it.

But discussion on this thread is anything but healthy. It has become one of those desrted threads.

There was some good music posted on one Ramjas college thread. I enjoyed listening to most of it.
    "When life ends up breathtakingly fucked, you can generally trace it back to ONE BIG BAD DECISION. The one which sent you down the road to Shitsberg". -Deadpool
  • edited March 8

^^

But discussion on this thread is anything but healthy. It has become one of those desrted threads.

There was some good music posted on one Ramjas college thread. I enjoyed listening to most of it.

I have listening to rock and metal music in my DAF. @jack_dawson , @Pablo Escobar chalo kuchh karte hain.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • @kashmir , which instrument have you written?

I have playing tabla as a hobby and Upantya Visharad in tabla as an achievement.
  • edited March 9

^^

I have listening to rock and metal music in my DAF. @jack_dawson , @Pablo Escobar chalo kuchh karte hain.

yes kuch karo about rock music
    i was in my college band but was afraid din mention,already daf itna bada hai i have some 4 states to prepare :D :D
    bt cn cm out during discussion
    it will matter in the end...definitely..
  • edited March 9

@kashmir , which instrument have you written?

I have playing tabla as a hobby and Upantya Visharad in tabla as an achievement.

Holy shit doc! You are a man for all times! From healing wounds to healing souls. From operations to operas.

Tabla. That is one good instrument. <3
    "When life ends up breathtakingly fucked, you can generally trace it back to ONE BIG BAD DECISION. The one which sent you down the road to Shitsberg". -Deadpool
  • edited March 9

@kashmir , which instrument have you written?

Holy shit doc! You are a man for all times! From healing wounds to healing souls. From operations to operas.

Tabla. That is one good instrument. <3 </p>
    Well, you sure know how to flatter people. :sunglasses: Thanks.

Chalo bhai, let's do something on rock music.
  • edited March 10
    ^^

To be honest, I'm screwed up now a days. I've a demanding admin job, a nagging Telugu landlord, 2-3 months of gaping current affairs to revise, 6 different states to brush up, 2 different jobs to prepare and 8-10 kg of body weight to lose before the interview.
    I usually live on the edge, most of the time, but now a days I am pretty damn fucked.

Music is there in my DAF coz I stupidly mentioned that I was the main-coordinator of our institute tech-fest and I personally handled the rock-show. I shouldn't have done that.
    Suddenly, the 4 columns of DAF are looking larger than the CSM syllabus !!

You guys discuss. I'll chip in whenever I'll get time.

It's time to administrate DRDO now. 9:30 am.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog