Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

how do you cope up with mood swings and emotional up downs during your preparation journey?

UPSC exam considered as one of the world's toughest exam. share how you deal with this toughness ... you can do it by sharing examples .. like

(1) failure ,
(2) less marks in test series,
(3) not able to complete targets ,
(4) home sickness ,
(5) break up issues while preparing etc.. (any other such examples.)

your suggestions can help others a lot.... enjoy sharing..
·
«13

Comments

  • 1 2 3 4 are manageable. 5 is the nuke
    ·
  • eternal said:

    1 2 3 4 are manageable. 5 is the nuke

    5th is also manageable. :D
    ·
  • Yoga buddy it improves your concentration and calms your nerves.
    ·
  • How 5th one is managable? Ideas?
    ·
  • 5th :D :D :D

    how was your result Harvey?
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
    ·
  • Bhai vijay kaise manage kiya share karo bhai...break ko... Sala hamare toh do attempt kha gayi marjani...
    ·
  • 5th one is so pervasive yaar. Been there done that , wasted two attempts in it ,gave a good attempt and selected in third only :wink:

    1 2 3 4 is nothing , just chill and hold on i guess .
    Bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim
    ·
  • You are not alone bro, keep breathing.
    ..and after all, you're my Wonderwall !
    ·
  • 1 2 3 4 is for sometimes but the 5th one is just like magnitude 8.0 earthquake.
    ·
  • one of theeeee best experience will be the change in behavior of the chief protagonist of point 5 before and after selection :smile:
    Bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim
    ·
  • Can someone tell the best way to not fell in love. I mean if we don't fell in love then there is no issues for break up.
    Actually I like some & I didn't concentrate on my study past few days.
    WHAT TO DO I DON'T KNOW??
    ·
  • UPSC exam considered as one of the world's toughest exam. share how you deal with this toughness ... you can do it by sharing examples .. like

    (1) failure ,
    (2) less marks in test series,
    (3) not able to complete targets ,
    (4) home sickness ,
    (5) break up issues while preparing etc.. (any other such examples.)

    your suggestions can help others a lot.... enjoy sharing..

    235 are not so much of an issue but biggest is dealing with failure..each failure takes an year of your life and it takes lot of time to recover from it...
    duniya..
    ·
  • true
    Bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim
    ·
  • folks you can come up with other problems and there solution as well..@aristotle4841 well done..
    ·
  • edited March 1
    This is how I deal with the following.

    (1) failure

    When I failed for the first time, I cried out my heart. I cried so much that I felt like I am crying at someone's funeral. Moments later, I had headache and a running nose. I went to wash-basin to clean up my face. I already have a mirror-cracking looks and when I saw my face, I felt like punching the mirror. I looked ugly. Boys should never cry.

    (2) less marks in test series,

    CSP is my test paper. I know this is too much of an attitude but in my place, we dont have any shops that sells test papers. So, what I do is I revise a lot and directly appear CSP. There's no question of getting less or more marks here. Either you are in or out for a year. If in, I smile. If out, I get to see my ugly face again.

    (3) not able to complete targets

    I currently have this problem. My targets are super small yet I am running late. Jesus, I need rescuing.

    (4) home sickness

    In my case, it should be sick-home. Yep. I am sick of my room. Day in, day out and for years - I am in my room. I'm not growing, rather I'm fermenting myself here. Having said that, there is nothing like home.

    ,
    (5) break up issues while preparing etc...

    No break-ups as of now. I wish none would go through this grind. It's hurting to see being separated from your loved ones. And, when it hurts, I cry. I dont want to cry. Reason stated in point 1.
    ·
  • Wakaao said:

    This is how I deal with the following.

    (1) failure

    When I failed for the first time, I cried out my heart. I cried so much that I felt like I am crying at someone's funeral. Moments later, I had headache and a running nose. I went to wash-basin to clean up my face. I already have a mirror-cracking looks and when I saw my face, I felt like punching the mirror. I looked ugly. Boys should never cry.

    (2) less marks in test series,

    CSP is my test paper. I know this is too much of an attitude but in my place, we dont have any shops that sells test papers. So, what I do is I revise a lot and directly appear CSP. There's no question of getting less or more marks here. Either you are in or out for a year. If in, I smile. If out, I get to see my ugly face again.

    (3) not able to complete targets

    I currently have this problem. My targets are super small yet I am running late. Jesus, I need rescuing.

    (4) home sickness

    In my case, it should be sick-home. Yep. I am sick of my room. Day in, day out and for years - I am in my room. I'm not growing, rather I'm fermenting myself here. Having said that, there is nothing like home.

    ,
    (5) break up issues while preparing etc...

    No break-ups as of now. I wish none would go through this grind. It's hurting to see being separated from your loved ones. And, when it hurts, I cry. I dont want to cry. Reason stated in point 1.

    :D
    ·
  • Wakaao said:

    This is how I deal with the following.

    (1) failure

    When I failed for the first time, I cried out my heart. I cried so much that I felt like I am crying at someone's funeral. Moments later, I had headache and a running nose. I went to wash-basin to clean up my face. I already have a mirror-cracking looks and when I saw my face, I felt like punching the mirror. I looked ugly. Boys should never cry.

    (2) less marks in test series,

    CSP is my test paper. I know this is too much of an attitude but in my place, we dont have any shops that sells test papers. So, what I do is I revise a lot and directly appear CSP. There's no question of getting less or more marks here. Either you are in or out for a year. If in, I smile. If out, I get to see my ugly face again.

    (3) not able to complete targets

    I currently have this problem. My targets are super small yet I am running late. Jesus, I need rescuing.

    (4) home sickness

    In my case, it should be sick-home. Yep. I am sick of my room. Day in, day out and for years - I am in my room. I'm not growing, rather I'm fermenting myself here. Having said that, there is nothing like home.

    ,
    (5) break up issues while preparing etc...

    No break-ups as of now. I wish none would go through this grind. It's hurting to see being separated from your loved ones. And, when it hurts, I cry. I dont want to cry. Reason stated in point 1.

    quirky write-up bro :)
    ·
  • roxtar said:

    Can someone tell the best way to not fell in love. I mean if we don't fell in love then there is no issues for break up.
    Actually I like some & I didn't concentrate on my study past few days.
    WHAT TO DO I DON'T KNOW??

    some....one?☺
    Limited period offer-U can laugh at me till the 1st half of 2018
    ·
  • roxtar said:

    Can someone tell the best way to not fell in love. I mean if we don't fell in love then there is no issues for break up.
    Actually I like some & I didn't concentrate on my study past few days.
    WHAT TO DO I DON'T KNOW??

    @roxtar ji.. it depends what is important for you in life now.. it is that you are looking for love and willing to take risk with your career for that. because that is for sure that your attempt might be jeopardized with such an adventure.
    just think about parents and focus on your immediate goal i guess that is prelims.. forgive me if i said anything offended.
    ·
  • roxtar said:

    Can someone tell the best way to not fell in love. I mean if we don't fell in love then there is no issues for break up.
    Actually I like some & I didn't concentrate on my study past few days.
    WHAT TO DO I DON'T KNOW??

    Bhai it depends , I have known people, at least 4 , who have been in super committed relationships and got within top 100 , also seen many drowning in quest of fishing around . The bottom line is peace of mind and availability of time. Some relationships give you peace of mind and relax you to make best of remaining time . Others are like camel in the tent types , will start with wasting little time and eventually monopolize all your time with joy or sorrow. So don't over think or be overcautious . Keep perspectives in mind . :smile:
    Bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim
    ·
  • roxtar said:

    Can someone tell the best way to not fell in love. I mean if we don't fell in love then there is no issues for break up.
    Actually I like some & I didn't concentrate on my study past few days.
    WHAT TO DO I DON'T KNOW??

    Bro I will say" out of sight out of mind". That's what you need to follow now as going for a relationship at this juncture can lead to wastage of year and attempt.
    Yes people in relationship have qualified but they were in relation before they started preparation and expectations from each other were well understood.
    ·
  • I have the worst experience of break up...despite more than one year has passed I'm still in the trauma of separation many times thought to consult psychiatrist but avoided as it may again make me feel weaker....wrote mains this time but couldn't qualify ....now joined gym ,keep talking to family and good friends . I have shared my story earlier on forum.....my advice would be to avoid any relationship at this point of time
    ·
  • banana said:

    Nirwana said:

    I have the worst experience of break up...despite more than one year has passed I'm still in the trauma of separation many times thought to consult psychiatrist but avoided as it may again make me feel weaker....wrote mains this time but couldn't qualify ....now joined gym ,keep talking to family and good friends . I have shared my story earlier on forum.....my advice would be to avoid any relationship at this point of time

    yes u shud be GAY n happy
    I wish I could without emotions :D
    ·
  • Nirwana said:

    banana said:

    Nirwana said:

    I have the worst experience of break up...despite more than one year has passed I'm still in the trauma of separation many times thought to consult psychiatrist but avoided as it may again make me feel weaker....wrote mains this time but couldn't qualify ....now joined gym ,keep talking to family and good friends . I have shared my story earlier on forum.....my advice would be to avoid any relationship at this point of time

    yes u shud be GAY n happy
    I wish I could without emotions :D
    @nirwana you can share your story here as well if you want.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog