ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

People who cleared Mains while working-how did you cover GS-2 and GS-3?

People who cleared Mains while working - how did you cover GS-2 and GS-3?
One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
How you do anything is how you do everything.
·

Comments

• So here is the proof that UPSC shows the answer copy.

D.P agarwal sir himself saying this, see video at near 47th min.

Many people for the sake of misguiding others were propagating false news on forumias that UPSC have denined to show the checked answersheets.......utterly false.

So get your copies and analyze it.....dont waste your precious little time on gossiping on forum. Use it wisely and productively
    ·
  • You demented being.How is this relevant to my question?
    ·

Hahahaha
    वो दया का भाव.. या कि शौर्य का चुनाव .. या कि हार का वो घाव..
    तुम ये सोच लो ..
    या की पुरे भाल पे जला रहे विजय का लाल .. लाल यह गुलाल..
    तुम ये सोच लो ..
    रंग केशरी हो.. या मृदंग केशरी हो.. या कि केशरी हो ताल ..
    तुम ये सोच लो ..
    ·
  • H

You demented being.How is this relevant to my question?

Hahahaaha.
    ·

Hahaha

·
  • It was a topic of my relevance and I came looking for comments.

But... :joy: :joy:
    ·
  • @GentleGiant6 , in the same boat. I could never go past mains stage. However if you are willing to hear it from the defeated also then I would request you to go through Insights once. Insight is not a one-stop solution but gives an ideation of how we should approach stuffs in papers, be it GS 1, 2, 3 or 4. Their daily compilation of Current Events (hindu,pib, et, ht etc) is an asset to me. Sorry if I overstepped here. :grimace:
    Shillong | Geography | Guitar
    ·
  • Wakaao said:

@GentleGiant6 , in the same boat. I could never go past mains stage. However if you are willing to hear it from the defeated also then I would request you to go through Insights once. Insight is not a one-stop solution but gives an ideation of how we should approach stuffs in papers, be it GS 1, 2, 3 or 4. Their daily compilation of Current Events (hindu,pib, et, ht etc) is an asset to me. Sorry if I overstepped here. :grimace:

Insights is good,definitely.

I am a full time aspirant.Many working candidates clear this exam.I feel that paucity of time and the stress to cover the syllabus along with their ability and luck helps them make better decisions while full time aspirants , in the search for the "ideal way" study too much or too little.I wanted some insights.
    ·
  • please also advice how to keep the tempo.
    ·
  • Wakaao said:

@GentleGiant6 , in the same boat. I could never go past mains stage. However if you are willing to hear it from the defeated also then I would request you to go through Insights once. Insight is not a one-stop solution but gives an ideation of how we should approach stuffs in papers, be it GS 1, 2, 3 or 4. Their daily compilation of Current Events (hindu,pib, et, ht etc) is an asset to me. Sorry if I overstepped here. :grimace:

Insights is good,definitely.

I am a full time aspirant.Many working candidates clear this exam.I feel that paucity of time and the stress to cover the syllabus along with their ability and luck helps them make better decisions while full time aspirants , in the search for the "ideal way" study too much or too little.I wanted some insights.
    True. Minimum time maximum use.
    "God is great"
    ·
  • Working candidates please thoda gyan de do bhai. How do to manage time for GS, optional, tests, revision etc. How do you do this along with job? How much are you able to study in a day?

Really finding it difficult here to do it with job but I guess there are many who managed both. So please gyan de do bhai. Bahut meherbani hogi.
    2013-Failed Pre by 7 marks
    2014-Failed Pre by 1 marks
    2015-Failed Mains by 25 marks
    2016-Failed Pre
    2017-Final Battle
    ·
  • #bump
    ·
  • #bump
    ·
  • Few things which you can follow:

1.)We should try to finish reading hindu in one hour while keeping the structure of syllabus in mind.
    2.)you shall always try to limit the sources.For example:I have more than 2 pages of material to read Inter water disputes Act.I would not read more on it unless government does something
    3.)Define each term in GS2 AND GS3 syllabus and keep adding points to it in the following format--Definition,History,Geography,Polity,Govt scheme,Problems and Solutions
    4.)Read optional on holidays
    "If one takes care of the means, the end will take care of itself.
    ·
  • karan_004 said:

Few things which you can follow:

1.)We should try to finish reading hindu in one hour while keeping the structure of syllabus in mind.
    2.)you shall always try to limit the sources.For example:I have more than 2 pages of material to read Inter water disputes Act.I would not read more on it unless government does something
    3.)Define each term in GS2 AND GS3 syllabus and keep adding points to it in the following format--Definition,History,Geography,Polity,Govt scheme,Problems and Solutions
    4.)Read optional on holidays

Thank you.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google