Which to follow, spectrum history 2016 edition or 2015 edition.

Kindly compare spectrum history 2016 edition with 2015 edition. New edition contains many new topics and even content of older chapters are slightly modified. I am in dilemma whether follow the new edition or stick to older one.

Comments

• First of all,it is better to stick to one edition only.What you can do is----
    Regarding 2015 edition : use modern history bipin chandra chapters till 1857 and append with 2015 edition.
    or you may directly refer 2016 edition only.
  • edited February 28
    I have 2009 edition of Spectrum's A Brief History of Modern India . I plan to use this 2009 edition + new ncert for modern history. Target is UPSC CAPF. ( paper akin to cse pre paper I ) . Should I buy the latest edition ?

PS : Haven't read 2009 edition as yet.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog