MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Ramjas College controversy. What's your view?

Comments

• Simba said:

the_hindu said:

Simba said:

Inbox mein ao .lagata hu.waise bhagya nahin khulega .haan burger ka thread kachra zaroor ho gaya :|

aao khopche me
    Ye kya bakar laga rakkhi hai. Is thread par log meri line kyon chori kar rahe hai Simba tujhe Bakshot banakar curdy ko khila dunga :| :| :|
    bahut bhav bad rahe h tere sunday ko 15 rs aur otherdays ko 10 rs. sudhar ja
    Koi mujhe sudharta hi nahin hai yaar mujhe kya karun :smirk: Tune meri line kyon use ki haan :angry:
  • the_hindu said:

Simba said:

the_hindu said:

Simba said:

Inbox mein ao .lagata hu.waise bhagya nahin khulega .haan burger ka thread kachra zaroor ho gaya :|

aao khopche me
    Ye kya bakar laga rakkhi hai. Is thread par log meri line kyon chori kar rahe hai Simba tujhe Bakshot banakar curdy ko khila dunga :| :| :|
    Koi mujhe sudharta hi nahin hai yaar mujhe kya karun :smirk: Tune meri line kyon use ki haan :angry:
    patent krwa lo
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • the_hindu said:

Simba said:

the_hindu said:

Simba said:

aao khopche me
    nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii malooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
    For Your Eyes Only.
  • edited February 27
    Sala yeh media in cheezon ko kyon itna publicity deta hai? WTF do they really want? Learn something from China and Pakistan for once and stop publicising these issues. Some stupid bawal in some stupid college should never have been given so much importance. It should just have been reported to the authorities and they should have taken appropriate action. Yeh sala media double game khel raha hai.
    Dead and departed general caste player. RIP.
  • War killed...not pakistan..i think this quote deserves to be quoted only when the war between India and pakistan is over. Pakistan is still an enemy country. This quote comes out of solidarity for the casualties on both sides when the war ends, the regime changes and frenship starts. the Japanese are now allies of the US after the war...so are the Vietnamese ...Germany's joining of Nato etc.. It was wrong for the girl to post cos pakistan itself was the mischeif maker. At this stage we can't forgive the misdeeds of pakistan...or else they might assume this as weakness on our side.
    "old wine in new bottle"....in with state services.
  • I have been a witness to these protests. I study in Law Faculty.

The PROBLEM :
    Everyone is a bhakt.
    Some Congress bhakt who let a family loot the country for decades and kept supporting them.
    Some Left bhakts who will support no matter a person stands in the capital of the country and shouts slogans supporting division of the country.
    Some BJP bhakts who think they are patriots and everyone else in the country is anti-national.

What the left backed organisers did was an immature decision to call people who have been accused and are very controversial. What the ABVP did was that they got violent, which is more condemnable. NSUI is still figuring out what actually happened : p
    CONSEQUENCES:
    The education gets ruined because of this political hooliganism. Most of these ABVP/NSUI guys are goons from surronding areas in and around Delhi.

SOLUTION:
    Stop being a bhakt, start being a citizen.
    Put country before your political party.
    These pol parties will one day lead us to the brink of civil war.
    Ban party-affiliated student elections in Delhi University. Elections should be on the lines of IITs, which will never happen because the parties in centre think of DU as their fiefdom and political nursery and not as centre of education.
  • Whatever the issue was, that girl came up the DP related to that issue was OK . There was no fun of telling that her dad was killed in war & pakistan did not kill him but war, did .Here she went wrong because pak started the war Not us.Her father was martyred while serving his country.We all have great respect for our army.Many children have lost their parents who are in the army, not even single such child came in support of her on this statement.I can write more on this .but to end this i will only say that gurmehar was right when she protested against ABVP .she went wrong when she brought the emotional angle of her father's death into the picture.

One more thing i wanna say that our Army is so unlucky that they are not even safe in their home (India) , everyday that shitty terrorist are killing them , i js wanna ask Gurmehar who is killing them war or pak sponsored assholes .

sorry for using slang language .

Why are u taking out one slide out of whole video , see the whole video first
  • edited February 28
    I would just say one thing.
    Apne ko 21/22 ya ho sakta hai aur kam ,ke ek teenager ki jagah rakh k dekho, jiska baap aj nahin hai.
    Bhai ye umar aisi nahin hoti, in general, jab log bahut soch samajh k kuchh bolte.
    In general,because exceptions are there.
    Kuchh (a very few) log is umar mein IAS bhee bun jatey hain.

Aur jahan tak main Gul ki soch ko padh pa raha ,uska kehne ka bus itna matlab hai,
    kash ki ladayi na hui hoti,to aj shayad bakiyon k papa k tarah,uske papa bhee uske sath hotey.

Aur ek baat aur maanna ,kahin na kahin ye statement, uski Mumy ke munh se hee nikla hoga ,kabhee na kabhee.

Aur galti bhee kya hai.wastav mein agar jung na hui hoti, to wo sub kuchh usse chhinta nahin.
    Ab ismein interpret karna,ki ladayi humnein nahin pakistan ne shuru kari, meri samajh se ye zubardusti ka interpretation hai.

Just try to empathise with her loss ,the loss with which she grew up ,you can't realise how many nights she would have wept against her pillow, while in bed.

So ,atleast the intellectual junta here, should have mercy for the girl.
  • edited February 28
    Bhai bura mat maniyo,par agar tum DM bun bhee gaye,to ek jile mein zarur gandh faila dogey .
    Aur main to khair Sdm bun ke netagiri karunga.to ho sakta hai meri aur tumhari hatha payi ho jaye.
    Btw aj tak kabhi padha nahin ki sdm ne dm ko ardab(overpower someone) mein liya.
    Aney waley chand varshon mein log padhengey.UP POSTING MAT LENA GURU.
  • This girl just going for publicity stunt.....if she has Democratic right express her self then others to have right to give there point of view....I no see any point in raising question over those who raised there voice against her thought......
  • ^ comma wagairah ka prayog varjit naheen hai pyare kabutar
  • This cracked me up! :D
    cartoonjpg.jpg
    355 x 190 - 15K
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • 1. I don't see why Umar Khalid speaking on his thesis topic should be objectionable to anyone. If he says anything anti-national or seditious, then do arrest him by all means.

2. The girl is barely out of her teens and barely remembers her dad. Of course she's naive as well as sentimental.

Main issue is politicization, which can be solved if college unions are barred from getting affiliated with mainstream political parties (as suggested by Abhi above).

I could also say that political leaders should show some maturity and try not to escalate the issue to serve their political ends, but then that would be naive on my part.

Another thing that I have an issue with is the media people, and the common populace in general, not understanding the concept of nuance.
    They conflated Vemula issue with JNU and Jadavpur earlier, and now they are conflating Ramjas with JNU and Jadavpur, when they are different in several aspects.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • edited February 28
    ^^ as usual, docking got the bull's eye :blush:
  • The main problem nay the only problem with the so called educated youth of India is this and I will wite this in Hindi so there are no distortions in communication .1) yahaan pe log 4. Kitabein padne. Ke baad apne aapko Rosa Luxemburg ,Adam smith aur wolfgang momenson samajhne lagte hain 2) offlate we have become used to simplifying everything into polemics and binaries ( nationalist and anti nationalist for eg)
    3) nobody cares for the plain ol common sense and objective analysis ,everything has to be seen through the prism of 'labels'
    Certain people from jnu who have been accused of saying certain things which have been deemed as being anti national by certain people were invited now the matter is under investigation and as per the law of the land those people from jnu must not be held as guilty of the said act until and unless charges are proven in a court of law .
    Secondly abvp has all the rights to protest and partake in demonstrations but they don't have any rights whatsoever to vandalize college property and indulge in hooliganism .
    Students who had organized this shoudlnt have portrayed this act by abvp as being the extension of what they percieve is the govt policy.
    Social media is a great platform for dessimation of ideas and opinions but that being said not every Tom dick. And harry who voices there opinions should be held as being someone who is actually capable of having a valid and just opinion on a topic .
    Media should not give unnecessary traction to issues and snowball them to something. Which they are not
    We should leave the various labels to politicians and use plain logic and common sense treat every incident objectively case in point issuing rape threats to a girl is wrong and no one can justify it .
  • in between all these, one thing is sure that both abvp and aisa including shehla rashid, umar khalid majorly consist of very low intelligence people. they have very less knowledge too. and also not aware of ground realities.
  • Whatever the issue was, that girl came up the DP related to that issue was OK . There was no fun of telling that her dad was killed in war & pakistan did not kill him but war, did .Here she went wrong because pak started the war Not us.Her father was martyred while serving his country.We all have great respect for our army.Many children have lost their parents who are in the army, not even single such child came in support of her on this statement.I can write more on this .but to end this i will only say that gurmehar was right when she protested against ABVP .she went wrong when she brought the emotional angle of her father's death into the picture.

One more thing i wanna say that our Army is so unlucky that they are not even safe in their home (India) , everyday that shitty terrorist are killing them , i js wanna ask Gurmehar who is killing them war or pak sponsored assholes .

sorry for using slang language .

Why are u taking out one slide out of whole video , see the whole video first
    Firstly, the issue was on this part that's why i gave my opinion on this.Let's talk about peace I want peace , you want peace, most of the people on both sides want peace.Tell me hafiz Saeed want peace , pak army want peace & it is damn clear that pak army doesn't care about what government says.In my state there are places like RS pura , Rajouri, akhnoor etc, go and ask people living there whether they want peace or not.Yes, they want it but.
    I talked about only one slide because her father got martyred while defending his country.Lets take an example suppose 2 friends are playing cricket they get into the quarrel, one friend takes a stump & hit right into other's head & other dies. what we will say that fight killed him or other friend killed him or stump killed him ??It logical & general 100 out of 100 will say that his friend killed him, because in case they say that fight or stump killed him, killer would be freed.

secondly, gone those days when Hindus use to hate Muslims & vice versa, I'm not including radicals & extremists.she was again right when she was talking about her hate & love against them. I'm also assuming that may be she was talking about umar khalid , he is muslim that's why he has to gone through protest.leave it . If this is the case it is where she went wrong because umar khalid is not being targeted because he is muslim , it is because last years controversy.

Thirdly, what was the issue, it was on the attack on ramjas college, she took a stand .we support her on this.She was again right when she brought her father's image into it.but according to me there was no need to come up with that slide show at this time.There was no absolutely no connection.connection was made by media, our lovely politicians.she could have either posted the video before or at such time when it was needed . Hate against the muslims in this country was on peak , war is going on etc etc .None of it is happening now.so i didnt bothered to think about the rest because i also thinks the same (about peace & muslims (my best friend in muslim ).
  • gormint bik gyi hai
    पसीने की स्याही से जो लिखते है इरादों को, उनके मुकद्दर के सफ़ेद पन्ने कभी कोरे नही होते

dekhte h zaalim or kitna tadpaega
  • Is ladki ko 2-4 thappad laga do koi .

For keh dena..I dint slap..my hand did.
  • Oh the stupidity. I weep for humanity. Actually Lannisters don't weep. I'll pay someone in Gold to weep for me, maybe.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
  • Oh the stupidity. I weep for humanity. Actually Lannisters don't weep. I'll pay someone in Gold to weep for me, maybe.

Dude you might as well get used to it ( weeping ) lot of bad things are headed your way Jaime , maybe if you only kept your pants zipped (lollll)...

• gormint bik gyi hai :D
    ghanta kisko koi fark nahi padta
    upar baithe politiccians maze le rahe , baaki sab c**** ki tarah aisi taisi kara rahe
    n these debates have no use unless you are in a position to do something
    everyone today has an opinion , bahar sabji wale ko bhi pucho to bolta han bhai demonetisation se black money aa gyi , pucha kaise to pta ni bas aa gyi hai
    irrelevant arguements based on irrelevant facts on irrelevant issues making an irrelevant govt surviving by doing irrelevant work - so chillax ladna h to poverty pe lado , ghanta 2.5 saal se bahar ghoom rha koi investor nhi aa rha , where is vikaas , where is acche din -- now before u prejudice me with congi or aapian - to lemme tell u i hate all politicians equally but modi a lil more

n i cant understand the hypocrisy- 2-2.5 mahine pehle any voice against any armed pesonnel was a contempt even if he did something wrong , now suddenly this mood shifted.
    n one more thing i never understood - composition of rightists and leftists- rightists mein generally uneducated log jaada milte h ya shayad mujhe hi abi tak aise log mile
    पसीने की स्याही से जो लिखते है इरादों को, उनके मुकद्दर के सफ़ेद पन्ने कभी कोरे नही होते

• n its time we should differentiate between nationalism and patriotism

patriot is proud of his country for what it does , and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does : the first atitude creates a feeling of responsibility , but the second a feelin of blind arrogance that leads to war - Sydney J Harris

Dude you might as well get used to it ( weeping ) lot of bad things are headed your way Jaime , maybe if you only kept your pants zipped (lollll)...

A word against me is a word against Cersei and hence a word against the crown itself. I thus declare you a traitor to be beheaded outside the remains of the Great Sept of Baelor.
  • barkha dutt got involved very deeply... :joy: :joy: (no surprise)...
    lucky to live and learn in a world where so many are deprived of even basic necessities...
    hope to give them reason to live someday...
  • edited February 28

Oh the stupidity. I weep for humanity. Actually Lannisters don't weep. I'll pay someone in Gold to weep for me, maybe.

A word against me is a word against Cersei and hence a word against the crown itself. I thus declare you a traitor to be beheaded outside the remains of the Great Sept of Baelor.

Hahaha , the descendants of the mad king are coming sire , what you gonna do brother when the dragons run wild on you , and about cersei ,
    Shame , shame , shame .

• n its time we should differentiate between nationalism and patriotism

patriot is proud of his country for what it does , and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does : the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility , but the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to war - Sydney J Harris

Good quote. I've copied it. Will be useful.

Then I am a patriot as well as a nationalist.
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
  • edited February 28
    BTW has anyone noticed that a lot of protests and hullabaloo occur during spring time every year. :/

I've started taking notice of this for past three years. All reservation protests, intolerance protests etc. occur during February and March only.

Pick up any year and come spring time, it's a protest spring all over the place. :D
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...

Hahaha , the descendants of the mad king are coming sire , what you gonna do brother when the dragons run wild on you , and about cersei ,
    Shame , shame , shame .

If political parties had recruited via competitive exams, 'free souls' of the 'humanities' would have actually sat down and studied a book for a change, rather than rake up the same stale issues in new hues.

At least we are leading this thread in the right direction - GoT. :wink: #Cersei4ever #"Mountain"_of_Shame
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog