ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Ramjas College controversy. What's your view?

edited February 27 in Miscellaneous
This thing is getting viral and people on social media are going mad over it as the wedge between two sides is getting sharper. From cricketers, actors to politicians all are commenting upon it, what's your view here? Is it right to compare a girl of a martyred soldier with an underworld mafia? Is girl right while sharing her 'freedom of thought and expression' she indirectly gave a clean chit to a terror nation as what is being claimed? Is media playing a biased role? Or is it an another classic case of student politics which will cripple the upcoming parliament session like before ?

Kindly be gentleman/gentlewoman while sharing your opinion.
Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.

Comments

• edited February 27
    To hide behind the shield of being a martyr's daughter, to expect special treatment of your opinion because of being related to army/martyr is very elite. Freedom of expression should face freely expressed counter-arguments as well.

Regarding the incident at the Ramjas college as far as I am aware an address by a person was cancelled for a group of people protested against him speaking at the function. This decision of the organizers may reflect a lack of faith in law enforcement agencies, and an attempt to avoid conflict in the first place. This doesn't pose well for the constitutional republic that the Indian nation is, while mocking the promise of rule by law and effectiveness and authority of the state. The state should inspire confidence in itself by exercising its due role, or it encourages anarchy.
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • ye sab debate ka koi point nahi,, lets count how many of us here are bhakts and how many are anti- nationals..... mera toh pata hi hoga... @Burger baba aise thread mat banaya kari, mahol garam ho jaata hai...
  • edited February 27
    I only feel sorry for that beautiful Punjabi girl (Kawalpreet Kaur)...

Her valiant father's soul must be pained to see her daughter turning out anti-national.
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
  • Nice thread.... Debate hona chahiye.... Mujhe bhi mamle ki tah tak jaana hai... :mrgreen:
    You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
  • Dissent should go hand in hand in democracy. But a line should be drawn what is an anti national thing.
    I don't justify violence in any manner.

Does defying fundamental duties is anti national.

Campuses should have enough CCTV cameras and people takinf law in own hands shall be punished. A disciplinary committee has to take a call on it.

Ensure outsiders are allowed cautiously.
    Many thrive in campuses citing financial constraints.

I believe institute should cultivate spirit of tolerance.
    Race against time.
  • I only feel sorry for that beautiful Punjabi girl (Kawalpreet Kaur)...

Her valiant father's soul must be pained to see her daughter turning out anti-national.

FYI- Her name is Gurmeher Kaur and not kanwalpreet. Also conveys alot about a person who just finds people's faces beautiful and not their thoughts. How different is that from what Sharad yadav said. And i think the slain soldier was her father and she would know well what he would think of his daughters. Everything else is just plain conjecture meant to trivialise dissenting voices, undermine credibility. when voices go shrill, its a sign of increasing frustrations and arguments loosing substance. Funny how even home ministers pitch in to intimidate young women. Sadke jawan es Nationalism ton main.....
  • Dissent should go hand in hand in democracy. But a line should be drawn what is an anti national thing.

Campuses should have enough CCTV cameras and people takinf law in own hands shall be punished. A disciplinary committee has to take a call on it.

@Pralaynath vai kehena kya chahte ho?
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • I only feel sorry for that beautiful Punjabi girl (Kawalpreet Kaur)...

FYI- Her name is Gurmeher Kaur and not kanwalpreet. Also conveys alot about a person who just finds people's faces beautiful and not their thoughts. How different is that from what Sharad yadav said. And i think the slain soldier was her father and she would know well what he would think of his daughters. Everything else is just plain conjecture meant to trivialise dissenting voices, undermine credibility. when voices go shrill, its a sign of increasing frustrations and arguments loosing substance. Funny how even home ministers pitch in to intimidate young women. Sadke jawan es Nationalism ton main.....
    +1. this gentleman mayurasharman should explain what "anti national" things she did.
  • edited February 27
    raar said:

+1. this gentleman mayurasharman should explain what "anti national" things she did.
    bhai itna sochne vaali baat nahi hai na poochne vaali hai, if u r not a member or sympathiser of BJP RSS ABVP etc, by default you are anti-national, its just that we realise it only once we try to raise our voice. Its just similar to radical islamists who say unless you are not a sunni muslim propagating jihad, you all the rest are kaafir and will go to jahannum..This girl nowhere supported umar khalid, just said her friends got beaten up nd thats unfair,, and india ke "MARAD" voh bhi kattar nationalist, ek martyr ki beti ko rape karne ki dhamki dete hain.... bhai waahhhh.... i think its for all army personnel to think once just if this ever happens to their daughters once they are not around, what will happen or for anyone.
    Bol ke labh azaad hai tere.....
  • Look guys, this ForumIAS interview programme is going to start so I hv better things on my hand to do.

By the way, what is wrong in finding a person beautiful but not her ideas.

Anushka Sharma, Kangna Ranaut and Kate Winslet are beautiful. So, is Kanwalpreet/Gurmeher Kaur.

Go learn a lesson in feminism first. You guys really need to. Dhaliwal paaji and this raar guy.
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
  • Look guys, this ForumIAS interview programme is going to start so I hv better things on my hand to do.

Anushka Sharma, Kangna Ranaut and Kate Winslet are beautiful. So, is Kanwalpreet/Gurmeher Kaur.

Go learn a lesson in feminism first. You guys really need to. Dhaliwal paaji and this raar guy.

bhai maine toh padha tha thoda sa zyada nahi, maybe a word sexist escaped your gaze bro. best of luck for your interview....

why are u getting so overworked? i just asked the reason of you labelling her an " anti national" at drop of a hat.

abe tum itna status kyon jhaadte ho - main nit se padh liya, iit se padha, interview dene jaa rha hoon?
  • 1. There is a wider tussle between two worldviews, one represented by Umar Khalid and one represented by ABVP.
    2. While Umar Khalid may not be indulging in violence, the worldview he supports has enough supporters who engage in violence. They engage in violence in Kashmir. ABVP engages in violence in Delhi.
    3. Umar Khalid's intentions are bad, but his actions are clean. ABVP's intentions are good, but their actions are bad.

ABVP needs a good leader. ABVP needs to develop a class of organic intellectuals who will develop a counter-ideology to take on the bad ideology represented by Umar Khalid. But fighting with sticks is making them look pathetic. Nationalism is good, only when it results in positive and constructive deeds. Violence is not a constructive deed.

Coming to the martyr's daughter. Her worldview is right and appropriate, but that belongs to an 'over-developed' society, which wants border-less nations, no wars, all peace and love, which are utopian ideals. Her worldview is not realistic. Also she should realize that her dad was martyred in DEFENDING against aggression and not because he was sent in a 'WAR'.

While ABVP is to be condemned for their cave-man dwelling type of behaviour, there has to be something to question this status quo which puts the blame on India for the martyr's death rather than on Pakistan for causing the aggression in the first place.

Why does India have to bear the burden time and again, and that too, for being so nice all these years?
    Barbad forumistaan karne ko to ek hi ullu kaafi tha
    Yahan..har post pe ullu baitha hai anjam-e-forumistan kya hoga

@Pralaynath vai kehena kya chahte ho?
    Yehi ki clash of ideology hai air APNA samay na barbaad kare is cheese mein, there can be an ISI angle to it also.
    Race against time.
  • edited February 27

raar said:

bhai itna sochne vaali baat nahi hai na poochne vaali hai, if u r not a member or sympathiser of BJP RSS ABVP etc, by default you are anti-national, its just that we realise it only once we try to raise our voice. Its just similar to radical islamists who say unless you are not a sunni muslim propagating jihad, you all the rest are kaafir and will go to jahannum..This girl nowhere supported umar khalid, just said her friends got beaten up nd thats unfair,, and india ke "MARAD" voh bhi kattar nationalist, ek martyr ki beti ko rape karne ki dhamki dete hain.... bhai waahhhh.... i think its for all army personnel to think once just if this ever happens to their daughters once they are not around, what will happen or for anyone.
    Bol ke labh azaad hai tere.....
    this I think is a general problem of online abuse, and nothing peculiar to this issue. There is need for a policy on online abuses and threats. Last I heard Google was seeking some technological remedy to handle online abuses, but expansion of digital India would call for digital expansion of policing and grievance handling.

salute to your arrogance reflected in the first line..
  • mere hisab se 3 cheezein honi chahiye :

1. Umar Khalid, the anti-national, ko 4 laat.
    2. Besharm ladki jo apne pita ki shahadat ko apne publicity ke liye use kar rahi use 4 thappad.
    3. Aur in dono ko support karne waalo ki $%&%%#

Kahi padha tha maine ek ladke ne likha tha " i support feminism only to get laid' :D
  • freeman said:

mere hisab se 3 cheezein honi chahiye :

2. Besharm ladki jo apne pita ki shahadat ko apne publicity ke liye use kar rahi use 4 thappad.

Aur aap kon hain? Justice ke rakhwale?
  • Kuchh bhee ho preet bhai,mayura ne mains clear kar diya hai :D :D :D >:)

bhai agar padhega banda toh hoga hi.....

Sahee hai mayura bhai,go and get the IPS.
  • Mayura bhai lage raho/phod k aao.
    I would always like to serve as SDM under a Bakait like you,rather than so called intellectuals,who revel in idealism.
  • edited February 27

freeman said:

mere hisab se 3 cheezein honi chahiye :

Aur aap kon hain? Justice ke rakhwale?
    maine to apni ichha batai bas...my opinion..jaise baaki log bata rahe..simple. ..ek dum direct from my heart..true feelings.

Bhai bahut se padhne walo ka nahin hota :D :D :D :D >:)
  • See its simple. Hamare samvidhan main hi likha hua hai ki hame mahilaon ki izzat Karni chaiye. Toh jo log nationalism nationalism chillake rape threats dete hain vo toh sabse bade anti- nationalist hain.

Baaki rahi Khalid sahab ki baat, agar unhone "kashmir ki aazaadi" ko lekar sach main aawaz uthayi hai, toh vo Badi sharamnak baat hai. Apne hi desh ke tukde karne chale hain iska matlab. Agar vo charges sahi nikalin, toh unhe jail main daalkar chaabi ko barren islands ke volcano main phenk dena chaiye.

But mujhe aisa kyu lag raha hai ki ye sab rajnaitik karanon ke liye kiya jaa raha hai. Unko kuch farak nahi padta ki kashmir india main rahe ya nahi. Unko bas ticket se farak padta hai, jaise kanhaiya jee karne jaa rahe hain!!

Ps:- all this holds true, only if mr Khalid is actually found guilty of seditious remarks against the nation.

haha..sahi baat

haan bhai ye baat bhi sahi hai....

haan bhai ye baat bhi sahi hai....
    Bhee nahin sir.Hee likh dete,to apke prati mera sammaan badh jata.
    Kyunki tab ye reason hota ki yaar bundey mein haar kubool karne ka dum hai .
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog