"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains 2017 : The Only Course you will need to Score 400+ in GS
Mains Foundation 2017 by Ravi R Chokkalingam – to cover GS Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 1 (Social Issues), Ethics & Essay – with 4 Full Length Mock Tests.
Classes (Online | Offline) commence from 27th June for Mains Foundation, Mains Current Affairs, GS Paper III, Ethics & Essay

Call : 9555923039 for early bird discounts

MAINS TEST CENTER - Impact of center on result - South not performing well - Delhi vs others

Hi, I have given my 5th mains with history optional but was not selected. Some of my friends told me to opt for Delhi last time saying that not many from Hyderabad center were being passed by Upsc. I rubbished the issue saying that it's only because aspirants from Delhi were more dedicated. However the mains results clearly indicate that there is liberal (comparative term only) evaluation for Delhi and around. Do you guys think opting for Delhi center instead of Hyderabad can be considered by me. Ps. Last attempt. Kindly help if you can but no arguments or fights please. Upsc has given me enough to worry about.
·

Comments

• A crazy high no. of people opt for delhi centre, so there is a proportionally higher representation in the result too. Also there is another concurrent hypothesis where some people feel that there is a lower chance of getting selected from delhi centre, as opposed to regional centres. Now its your call to believe whichever conspiracy theory seems more plausible.
    ·
  • AFAIK, all the answer sheets from all centers are mixed up and then each copy is given a code. So your centre is not known to the examiner.
    ·
  • Many aspirants have the same query. Some advise to have Delhi as centre and some other to write from a place other than delhi for better award of marks. If any experienced senior has knowledge about it, please enlighten us.
    ·
  • edited February 27
    panem said:

A crazy high no. of people opt for delhi centre, so there is a proportionally higher representation in the result too. Also there is another concurrent hypothesis where some people feel that there is a lower chance of getting selected from delhi centre, as opposed to regional centres. Now its your call to believe whichever conspiracy theory seems more plausible.

The highlighted part is true.

I wrote it from Ahmedabad this time. I've again filled it as Ahmedabad.

Last time when I wrote it from Delhi, I didn't clear mains.
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
    ·
  • panem said:

A crazy high no. of people opt for delhi centre, so there is a proportionally higher representation in the result too. Also there is another concurrent hypothesis where some people feel that there is a lower chance of getting selected from delhi centre, as opposed to regional centres. Now its your call to believe whichever conspiracy theory seems more plausible.

The highlighted part is true.

I wrote it from Ahmedabad this time. I've again filled it as Ahmedabad.

Last time when I wrote it from Delhi, I didn't clear mains.
    Me and my friend wrote our first mains from Ahmedabad and made it. My roomie cleared mains last time as well as this time, both crom Ahmedabad. He got awesome marks (720) in mains last time.
    I don't think the Centre matters.

@mayurasharman, bhai milo kabhi yaar. SPIPA mein mock dene aaoge?
    Prelims: 3. Mains: 1. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    I'm the original one, with a capital "L" in the last name.
    ·
  • ^^
    Hi Doc. Congratulations for making the cut in CSM.

Btw, I am not from Ahmedabad or Gujarat. I am from that sweet place on earth called UP. :D

I wrote the mains from Ahmedabad coz I'm mortally fearful of Delhi based exam centres except UPSC halls. I've heard horrible stories of congested benches, baby toilets and back aches in kindergarten schools.
    And, I know Ahmedabad very well. I've lived 4 months in Bhat village (near Motera) for my M.Tech project at IITG.
    And my fingers sometimes swell due to extreme cold during winters so I needed a warmer place to write mains.
    And my mother wanted to visit Swamiji maharaj's place at Shahibaug, Somnath and Dwarka after the exam.

Ergo, I'll be attending mocks at Delhi only.

BTW, I've visited SPIPA. It's a quiet place in front of SAC (ISRO) on the far end of Ahmedabad.

All the best for the interview doc...
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
    ·
  • 2 Mains I have given from Delhi centre and this 3rd Mains I have given from Bangalore centre and in all 3 occasions I cleared Mains exam. Now U can conclude. Good luck.
    ·
  • edited February 28
    So here is the proof that UPSC shows the answer copy.

D.P agarwal sir himself saying this, see video at near 47th min.

Many people for the sake of misguiding others were propagating false news on forumias that UPSC have denined to show the checked answersheets.......utterly false.

So get your copies and analyze it.
    Screenshot_2017-02-28-12-23-51.png
    1280 x 800 - 835K
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google