Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Looking for a psychologist/psychiatrist in Delhi

Friends my health is deteriorating day by day due to stress. If you or any known ones had a good experience with a doctor in Delhi, plz share. Preferably someone who treats with minimum medication.

Comments

• If you live in orn try exploring gangaram hospital nearby.
  • edited February 26
    Kalon said:

Friends my health is deteriorating day by day due to stress. If you or any known ones had a good experience with a doctor in Delhi, plz share. Preferably someone who treats with minimum medication.

Atleast tell the problems which you are facing due to extreme stress (you are not alone)....Which will pin point your problem so that we can suggest you clear cut solutions.....

Let The Mind Games Begin
  • Kalon said:

dude therapists will rip u apart.. a set of 4-5 sessions cost 10 thsnd or even more.. . i dont know docs in delhi.. but i can give my two cents

dude we are with you..
    . please tell us more..

did u fail mains? ur attempt no.? age?
    did u go through emotional upheavals? breakup? death of closed one?

what kind of health prob are u having? stress can cause bunch of diseases bro...... ulcers gastritis diabetes u name it.
    are u overeating ?

if ur health probs are increasing day by day , then my humble and insignificant advice would be.
    before visiting any psychiatrist get a full body health checkup done from some renown private hospital.

Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -3 Mains-3* Interview - 0*
  • Kalon said:

Atleast tell the problems which you are facing due to extreme stress (you are not alone)....Which will pin point your problem so that we can suggest you clear cut solutions.....

+1111111
    Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -3 Mains-3* Interview - 0*
  • Thanks for replying @banana @srana17 @TheMentalistLaw @sameerkulkarni

It's a mix of relationship n career crisis. The reason I m not sharing any details is that I have already made the decision but the path I have chosen is not that easy. Trust me I have been one of the most optimistic n happy girl all my life. But the past 6 months have been very difficult n with the so called month of love came another round of harassment. To keep myself focused n give my best to Upsc (where I have already failed a no. of times) I need a good counsellor n therefore the decision to visit a doctor.
  • I think its better to go for a psychiatric care ,if physical symtoms are showing .bcoz once uncontrollable anxiety and other physical issues start to crop up ,its a sign of stress taking its course towrds clinical depression .and trust me that cannot be cured by talks ,however motivating they may be .i have been on the other side and was depressed to the point of suicide .but came out of it twice .so i understand ur concern .
    So my sugeestion is to first talk to u loved ones and share with those who can understand the problem ,but its okay if they dont understand bcoz its really difficult for one to understand abt ur state of mind and condition if he or she has not been there .
    Secondly if that does not help ,plz go for doctors bcoz if u cant change the mind through psychological counselling ,then drugs can help u ,bcoz once ur serotonin levels are normalised u will start to see things more happily
    Caution -but these drugs have side effects and may even detoriate ur problem so ,try to find a good doc.
  • Kalon said:

dude therapists will rip u apart.. a set of 4-5 sessions cost 10 thsnd or even more.. . i dont know docs in delhi.. but i can give my two cents

dude we are with you..
    . please tell us more..

did u fail mains? ur attempt no.? age?
    did u go through emotional upheavals? breakup? death of closed one?

what kind of health prob are u having? stress can cause bunch of diseases bro...... ulcers gastritis diabetes u name it.
    are u overeating ?

if ur health probs are increasing day by day , then my humble and insignificant advice would be.
    before visiting any psychiatrist get a full body health checkup done from some renown private hospital.

Dilli mein loot hai kewal.

• Dekho bhai ,unless there is a medical condn whch gave rise to d stress,anxiety ,blah blah ..you don't need to visit anybody .

Just overcome and sort out the cause of stress by reasoning.

Haan ab koyi beemari hai .jaise for eg: haath kaampna, palpitations, neend na ana,thakne k baad bhee na ana, frequent urination(also a smoking after effect) ,hath pav thandey hona etc. Hain ,to see a doc.He might suggest yotj a therapist.

Halanki 31 32 umar mein ye upar k symtom,due to medical condn. Bahut hee kam logo ko hote hain. 50000 mein ek
  • https://www.practo.com/delhi/doctor/dr-sugandha-gupta-psychiatrist-1 Dr Sugandha Gupta - 9650882201 New Rajendra Nagar / Karol Bagh. I've consulted her. Helped me.
    Citizenmonk@gmail.com

*Account not in use*

Please contact me on email id above.
  • U don't need a doctor...U need a break...A break from upsc ...your relationship...Go for a small vacation...Make new friends...Ur relationship is dysfunctional as it should have been a support...Don't be trapped by memories and status quo...Upsc is at the end of the day...An exam only... Biggest longest exam is life....No matter what we do...We all will pass away...So better be happy and fun while it lasts
  • edited February 26
    Though I overcame such related issues (or may be not) on my own, I think it would be worthwhile to have a professional help. May be he can help at least save time and effort in overcoming whatever mental liability you may be carrying. It's not a trendy thing in our society to seek the help of a psychiatrist, in the same vein as people would prefer gharelu ilaaj for usual illnesses rather than visiting a doctor. I would advise visiting a professional if you can have access to one. This is in response to people suggesting you talk it out with friends or over here. But I don't know any professional. So I hope anyone gives you any contact for such a professional.
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • I was quite skeptical with this whole medication and psychiatry thing first .....But after some time my health started getting deteriorated at worse .... Especially when u are staying such a shabby place like Delhi and orn.... I honestly relied on working out but failed miserably as how much u try u wonyt be able to control your brain ......Therefore at last with so many panic attacks (which I misconstrued as misery or sadness or irritation) I finally went to a doctor in Patel Nagar itself .Trust me things have been perfect after that ......He gives minimum medication, gives u entire time to understand the core problem, probably most genuine guy to help me out....He is Dr shwwetank Bansal ....Download the practo app and search for shwetank Bansal ....Better me health care is his clinic name ...Search on Google and. Practo .....Trust me those people who are saying to take break or run or jump ....It is not that easy to divert your mind from such negative emotions easily....Msg me if u need other info ....And i would definitely suggest u to go ...
  • WO LOG KUCH NAHI KARTE
    ANTI DEPRESSENT DEGE
    15-20 din barbad hoge

physical activity shuru karo
    gym join karo
  • edited February 26
    @Kalon
    Frn psychatrist k pase bhool k b mat jana .......
    Kuch nhi high dose denge medicines ki wo b expensive .....poore din nind mai rhoge.....n jab puchege ki doc sahab kab tak chalega treatment to bolega abhi to shuru hua hai 2 saal 5 saal n so ......

Impact of medicines. These medicines slow your blood circulation ( in stress condition blood flow fast and blood pressure high hoga )
    Isse constipitation ki prob hogi .....health bhot hi jada kharab ho jayegi bcoz body itny heavy medicines ka load ni le skta ........so it is my suggestion nvr evr go for any psychatrist ha agr koi councelling krta ho to uska idea ni .....

Ab question rise hota ki psychatrist ni to kya ?
    Frb isolate yourself from those things which bother you like facebook ,whatsapp ( inhe band kr do to acha hi hai )
    Agar family mai rhke padai na ho pati to kahi dooor shift ho jao ......
    Running shuru karo ( most effective method stress door krne ka )
    Aur ha sangarsh kro life k sath most important advice

Tyme lagega bich mai kai baar tut b jaoge lakin rukna na .....

All the best
  • UPSC and breakup are synonymous...my partner left me after 8 years of relation when we were making plans for getting married after 2014 exam..unfortunately I failed in Mains and Could not clear even prelims-2015.....it took me time to get up and workout things again.....finally (for the first and the last time due to age limit( m 35obc) cleared mains 2016 with PubAd after 4th try....What I did after failing prelims 2015...I immediately applied for jobs and found a handsome paying job and then prepared while working with less fear and self respect and more casual approach...finally the result was positive....now preparing for interview ...again with a casual mind but focused approach.............I have consulted doctors when I felt the same what u are feeling now...I have been told by the psychiatrist to mourn the one who left me like she is dead...he tried all sorts of therapies ...in the middle of those I realized what am I doing here...do I really need to mourn someone who is alive and still dear to me. do I need to bomb myself with unnecessary drugs...which used to make me feel good for 12 hrs but followed by next 48 hrs of anxious, sleeplessness and no hunger....I quit therapy....and did my own therapy...that was finding job and finding new friends ( I was extremely luck I found 4 new friends who became the pillar of my fourth attempt)...enjoyed samosa chattni ...murgi...beer (occasionally only)...and above all life...Moral of this story is.....you can treat yourself better....
    I am satisfied Always..
  • do meditation daily morning and evening ,and take leave for studies for a week
  • only solution... face watever problems u r going thru ryt now.... no doctors.. psychiatrist ll help u ...avoid any medication.... no need to feel depressed for wat so ever reasons... i myself have faced much more dreaded conditions and even now sometime it bothers me... but i no its nothing but a state of mind which i have built up for myself .... whatever u r facing with tym it ll move away and everthing ll be fyn...dont worry... whenever u feel like depressed or anxious... just back ur self like hell , fight it ..face it... and very soon u ll get over it..... dont worry u r not alone..not lakhs but crores are facing such situations evry day..... its a part and parcel of everyones life...each and evry one of us faces it at some or the other point of tym..... always be cheerful.. njoy ur preparations... atb.... and pls keep sharing such thoughts... man halka ho jata hai.... :)
  • edited February 26
    Hey,
    I know its a difficult time. I am not going to give you any advice. But would like to say something. I don't know about pyschiatrist. You have been an aspirant, you know the condition of medical practitioners :neutral: in the country. So, finding a good psychiatrist is difficult.

What I would suggest is go and meet some friend, anyone who doesn't judge and will listen simply. Just open up to him/her. You will feel better. It would be better if that friend is also an aspirant, best if he/she is in service. They have also lived similar situations, so probably they will understand. :)
    All the best!
  • Kalon said:

bro, i know a clinical psychologist. pm me. just recently a friend of mine had to visit him.

Do not go gentle into that good night
  • Kalon said:

bro, i know a clinical psychologist. pm me. just recently a friend of mine had to visit him.

i thought you are a boy so i said bro. sorry.
    you can visit Arun Kumar of beautiful mind IAS. his contact number is 9999269926
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • @vengence007 @skywalker12 @thefighter @nipon @Pars Sagar @chinesehero @ssk_ssk @ankit1126 @Richard_Parker @ravikantbhatt @CitizenMonk @Poornam_Illahabadi @gautam3850 Thank you all of you!

To all who have reached out to help me, I feel so overwhelmed by the fact that you thought that this troubled girl is worth your precious time!

I wish you all happiness n success in life. May you be blessed with much more you ever desired in life.

I will be keeping my options open n keep searching for the right counsellor if things don't improve. As of now, I m taking a break from Delhi. N as I type this msg I can hear the sound of sea waves cracking on the shore. To add on that, Tonight I saw sea for the first time in my life n the entire view of the waves of this virgin beach in the starry night has left me in complete awe. It's so soothing n absolutely amazing.

Thanks again friends :)
  • I would suggest meditation. It works wonders.I was in a similar state a couple of years back.But as luck would have it, I joined Art of Living for their basic course. The meditations and yoga especially their Sudarshan Kriya helped me immensely to cultivated a positive bent of mind and manage my stress.

You can try it, maybe it helps
  • acha.... matlab girls ko bhi relationship problem hone laga....i thought boys had the monopoly.....upsc ka jawab nahi
  • There is one in west patel nagar name - Shwetank bansal. I met him n he is really good. I started recovering within a week. I had severe depression and now m recovering quite well. You can pm if you have any questions.
  • Kalon said:

I wish you all happiness n success in life. May you be blessed with much more you ever desired in life.

I will be keeping my options open n keep searching for the right counsellor if things don't improve. As of now, I m taking a break from Delhi. N as I type this msg I can hear the sound of sea waves cracking on the shore. To add on that, Tonight I saw sea for the first time in my life n the entire view of the waves of this virgin beach in the starry night has left me in complete awe. It's so soothing n absolutely amazing.

Thanks again friends :)

Yes visiting other places will help
  • Ha ha ha ha :D :D :D :D

Another relationships thread :D

@kalon It would be highly improbable to comment before knowing anything. And it wouldn't be advisable to put just everything right here for numerous reasons. And trust me its not depression. Its something else that is paining you.

We Indians are so much concerned to our "limited knowledge" that we like to paint "similar to it or like minded" situations with the brush what we have.

And the hard truth about relationships is they start giving you right when you stop expecting from them. Well I won't say anything further. As I said it won't be right to comment. :)
  • the_hindu said:

Ha ha ha ha :D :D :D :D

Another relationships thread :D

@kalon It would be highly improbable to comment before knowing anything. And it wouldn't be advisable to put just everything right here for numerous reasons. And trust me its not depression. Its something else that is paining you.

We Indians are so much concerned to our "limited knowledge" that we like to paint "similar to it or like minded" situations with the brush what we have.

And the hard truth about relationships is they start giving you right when you stop expecting from them. Well I won't say anything further. As I said it won't be right to comment. :)

+100 ..true that !!

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog