MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

How much beneficial was MGP for the cleared (mains)ones?

3rd attempt,1st mains, didn't clear. I am in a dielemma to join the mgp or not.. as i being jobless i would have to borrow from parents and asking for coaching and test series again and again makes me feel ashamed of myself. If MGP is worth every penny i would consider asking them for last help.
Seniors please help

Comments

• Internalizing the stuff is key baki duniya ka koi b mgp kar lo kuchh nhi hone wala..
    Learnt my lessons....
    mock test me kuchh hi likhoge, exam me kuchh aur hi likhoge sirf jo internalize kiya h.
    Practice karne k liye to free mock test khub mil jaynge online
  • @Karz thank you brother
  • +1 same query
  • I had done it in 2016..

it is good if you are not able to identify what is the problem area in your mains answer writing.. there are at 7 of us who had joined in group.. except one friend.. all of us got through.. I and my friend had got interview call before also.. but others were preparing from 2012-13 and it is their first interview .. so it worked for some of us... baaki final results will tell.

see it will totally depend on with how much discipline u are writing the test .... right now they have less number of students so they are good..

also not many people know about it.. I also didn't know that time..my friend told me.. she was already in service...so I somehow joined..

again, no one can comment unless final marks come.. so far it has been good.. generally people who were there in class were not on forum..
  • @anjus thank you very much.
  • You planning to join @Jaqen_hagar
  • @pheonixbaba yeah i am planning
  • Is there any way to join after prelims since pre is near and it would not be possible to give more than 4 or 5 tests before prelims.
  • OK @Jaqen_hagar...
    Pls give some more reviews...
  • lot of people are sending me messages in inbox.. I wont be able to answer them all so I am typing here

1) I don't recommend anything since it is just interview call.. I don't know my gs marks yet
    2) mostly people who had joined, or at least ones I talked to were people who had written mains before 2-3 times but not given interview
    3) there were 3-4 people who were in services whom I know who were writing there and my friends who got selected recommended me
    4) I cannot say which is better forum or vision because vision is a reputed one and forum one is just very recent..
    5) in my whataapp group, 6 got through.. and we got group discount also.. out of 6 , 2 people had appeared for interview before... one was in service already..
    6) strength is that they are very exact.. at least some mentors... they will show you what you are exactly doing wrong.. weakness is that they are new.. and model answers aren't that great..

I have recommended it to people in my friend circle and WhatsApp... but because they are preparing for many year and not getting call.. so it may be suitable for them.. for those people who are asking about vision.. vision is good enough .. at least for first timers... so u can join it....forum may be useful for people who are not able to improve marks ..... don't need to join both..

please don't inbox me regarding this issue as I will not be able to reply.. whatever I know and felt I have shared here..
  • what is mgp ?
  • ramon said:

what is mgp ?

mains guidance programme
  • me too planning to join, could not clear mains this year...btw can we write mgp test at offline centre in Delhi? @anjus @Jaqen_hagar
  • @praveenp yeah w can.. read the plan before joining
  • edited February 25
    where is the link to join
    http://forumias.com/portal/mgp2017/ pe jo link diya that is not working
    @Jaqen_hagar @ForumIAS_Official
  • ramon said:

what is mgp ?

Mains guidance program, basically mains test series by forumias.
  • Any idea who are the mentors for mgp?
  • Anyone here who has already joined mgp 2017?
  • Anyone here who has already joined mgp 2017?

yea. me
    Barbad forumistaan karne ko to ek hi ullu kaafi tha
    Yahan..har post pe ullu baitha hai anjam-e-forumistan kya hoga
  • I too have joined it . But haven't given any test yet
  • edited February 27
    Is [. ..] sir available as a mentor in mgp?
  • edited February 27
    [content removed for privacy reasons ]
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
  • edited February 27
    [content removed for privacy reasons]

the jinx is real. it happens. i have seen it.

it is really great that they are caring enough to say such things.. most coaching institutes would be announcing results on loudspeaker if they got such good results in first batch..noone thinks that much for the students.
  • edited February 27
    [content removed for privacy reasons]

[Content removed for privacy reasons]
    2. You're being hard on yourself; there are many who went till interviews till last time, joined MGP and other test series and have not got call this time.

3. With the nature of results (more random than earlier years) this year, those appearing for 1st interview is disproportionately high.

Answer writing is the skill that makes huge difference; join some test series but don't expect them to provide serious inputs beyond a sitting or two. You'd have to do the heavy-lifting. Keep talking to and showing answers to successful candidates.
  • I joined forum mgp. The reason being that having been on the forum for a few years now I felt that there'll be more accountability and better test discussion. The promised personal mentoring also sounded good to me because I'm usually lax with tests. And I hoped that a smaller batch plus this being their first year they wouldn't be complacent.
    Post joining my feedback is that:
    - questions were adequate.
    - the person who was my mentor was available if I had any doubts. That said, when I became more regular with tests and feedback, he too become more invested. It's a give and take thing guys. I guess that is true for anything. If u are awol no one will nag u to write tests.
    - overall a good experience.

Now I'm slightly worried about the jinx. :D
  • KekKek
    edited February 27
    [content removed for privacy reasons ]

Jinx is real shit man..! My own experience..! No more free gyans..! :D
    Prelims : 2/2. Mains : 0/2. 24 years. "Thats how you devour a whale ; One bite at a time"
  • panem said:

I joined forum mgp. The reason being that having been on the forum for a few years now I felt that there'll be more accountability and better test discussion. The promised personal mentoring also sounded good to me because I'm usually lax with tests. And I hoped that a smaller batch plus this being their first year they wouldn't be complacent.
    - the person who was my mentor was available if I had any doubts. That said, when I became more regular with tests and feedback, he too become more invested. It's a give and take thing guys. I guess that is true for anything. If u are awol no one will nag u to write tests.

i had followed your ans on Mains Marathon very closely on portal. I am not surprised you cleared it, you write good... Jinx won't work with you as you resisted in giving gyan regarding how to write your ans, lol... ATB for interview. :)
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • @burger I can't even see single comment in those mains marathon threads ? Where to see people's answers ?
  • Burger said:

panem said:

I joined forum mgp. The reason being that having been on the forum for a few years now I felt that there'll be more accountability and better test discussion. The promised personal mentoring also sounded good to me because I'm usually lax with tests. And I hoped that a smaller batch plus this being their first year they wouldn't be complacent.

i had followed your ans on Mains Marathon very closely on portal. I am not surprised you cleared it, you write good... Jinx won't work with you as you resisted in giving gyan regarding how to write your ans, lol... ATB for interview. :)
    Thanks burger :) . Regarding answers they told me that my content was adequate but I need to work more on my presentation as the readability is slightly weak, especially when there is time stress.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog