"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening)-5:15PM - 7:15PM & 29th June (Morning)-11AM-1PM ; FREE SEMINAR ON 25TH JUNE, 5.15PM Subject To Availability Of Seats
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal(Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar(Rank-200, 2016) (3) Athar Aamir 1st booklet and 2nd booklet(Rank-2)
ForumIAS Community Meet 2017 on 25th June at 11 AM - You are invited

Dear Friends, ForumIAS Annual Community Meet will be held on June 25th at 11AM in Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi. The Chief Guest for the event will be Suharsh Bhagat, IAS Rank 5, CSE 2014. Come join us , and meet ForumIAS members who have secured ranks this year. Click here to register

How do you read humanities subjects?

edited February 23 in Social, Tips & Support
When you sit down to study, do you just open the book and start reading and getting things?

I ask because four months into preparation I've realized that my comprehension is pretty low.
I find it hard to sit down with a book and learn as much as I want to.
Day after day I'm failing to meet my learning goals, and this is very discouraging.

Respected seniors,
What methods do you use to study?
How do you learn things?
How can I improve?
·

Comments

• edited February 23
    Don't be discouraged so easily :)
    Read previous year question papers of the subject to find out what you need to know.. you must be having syllabus as well.. use both. Some books, well have to be read fully.. and begin with basic books first.

Of course not, people read once, twice, thrice to understand some topics.
    You will be more comfortable once you revise and recall easily. Read it easy, without any pressure to "understand" each and everything..

If writing helps you grasp better, make short, relevant notes..

keep reasonable targets, once you achieve them and feel confident.. the. build up your targets when you are at a better position..
    Slow is fine, inconsistent is not.
    ·
  • Which subject are you reading?
    ·
  • Try new topics before going to bed just for an hour or two. Revise that first in the morning(will take lesser time). Retaining capacity gets improved.
    ·
  • make a habit of underlining whatever u read..the condition is..agar samjhe aur dimag mein fit hua tab hi underline krna h
    Limited period offer-U can laugh at me till the 1st half of 2018
    ·
  • Thank you.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google