Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Database of all aspirants on ForumIas, who are greater than or equal to 30 and have satuarated all

Attempts Or are left with only 1

Please provide your age and info abt the attempt remaining as intended by this thread.

Needless to mention ,UR CANDIDATES ONLY.

Remark: Those with 1 remaining ,can you please provide your expected year of the remaining attempt

·

Comments

• I am 26. Last attempt in 2017
    I have failed upsc mains a couple of times.
    ·
  • buddhu said:

I am 26. Last attempt in 2017

Is it your 6th or you are deliberately hanging boots ?
    ·
  • Look if you will restrict yourself to such a niche group of 30+ you are never going to accumulate mass or achieve anything substantial. This must be clear to you from the responses you got till now on this thread!!

30+ candidates are usually settled with family life and a job. CSE/PCS is their side venture. Not mainstresm venture. Also they are not particularly good agitators - self preservation climbs up in priority as age progresses.

So, make ur movement more broad based. Let people of all age groups chip in. Many young candidates who recently flunked CSM would also like to vent their anger against this skewed system.

ForumIAS is a of recent antiquity. 30+ candidates are from era of Orkut and Yahoo. Use FB, Twitter etc.

And connect with like-minded movements elsewhere. Like Samtaa Andolan of Rajasthan. This is not just an issue of more attempts or higher age limits. It will bring justice to general category candidates throughout.
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
    ·
  • No it's my 6th and last attempt.

buddhu said:

I am 26. Last attempt in 2017

Is it your 6th or you are deliberately hanging boots ?
    I have failed upsc mains a couple of times.
    ·
  • And keep out these JNU chhaap left liberals. I, and many others too, are sincerely allergic to them.
    Thank Lord Shiva...
    ·
  • edited February 23
    Mayura bhai ,the problem is , those who are much below 30 , generally have a couple of attempts left ,unlike buddhu above, who is an exception.

Now why would such youngsters come on to the ground or be volunteers for the cause.

Why would they waste their time on ground or off ground and help make this prospective protest "grow" ,both in terms of planning ,strategy off ground and meeting those plans ON GROUND.

After all the aspects of planning and handling things on ground ,so that we CLICK on the actual day ,need sustained efforts for a considerable time period.

What I understand and what is obvious and logical, why would a 26, 27 or even 28,29 year old aspirant ,spend his time for this cause.

He might have flunked the 2016 csm,but he still has enough attempts and age.
    He would simply get up again and stick to the preparation, rather than Wasting his/her Precious time for the cause

@mayurasharman
    ·
  • I'm 27. Exhausted my last attempt with failure in CSM 2016.
    ·
  • edited February 23
    ^^
    It doesn't work like that.

People who have given 2 or 3 attempts and fail to make the cut usually feel frustrated and angry on the system. And rightly so. Many also take break of one or two years after few failed attempts to concentrate on getting a job.

Read comments on this link: http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/23360/for-those-who-failed-now-what/p4

You will realize how angered people feel, in reality, when this fucked up system throws them overboard. They will surely contribute to this cause. If not personally, virtually.

And more number of attempts and higher age limit gives assurance to all of us that even if we concentrate one or two years on getting a solid backup option, there are ample years and attempts left to achieve our CSE dream.
    It empowers one and all and is psychologically motivating. Especially for those who for financial or some other reasons can't sustain preparation on parents' money and have to get a job first.
    Thank Lord Shiva...
    ·
  • Thanks mayur.
    ·
  • Last attempt this year.
    Saved by a margin to be eligible for this year. 31 years.
    ·
  • Abe hamlogon ka thread kisne close kar diya ?
    ·
  • Buzurgon ki ginti mein hume bhi dakhil kar lo barkhordaar! Humari bhi ek hi koshish salamat hai aj.

Baki ke chaal to jawaani ki madhoshi me kab kharch ho gaye, mehsoos bhi na hua. Umr to beet gayi hai aise mano ki patjhad ki hawayen zulfon ke rang sare dikhla jati hai ayine me.

Phir bhi khwayishon ki nashili shararat chain se jindegi ka jaam peene nahi deti. Tabhi akhri baar bhi ummed ki kashti me hum sawar ho chale hain.

Dil me khauf aur umang dono kaise saath saath khel sakte hain, bas yehi baat hairan kar rahi hai...
    Dead and departed general caste player. RIP.
    ·
  • Buzurgon ki ginti mein hume bhi dakhil kar lo barkhordaar! Humari bhi ek hi koshish salamat hai aj.

Baki ke chaal to jawaani ki madhoshi me kab kharch ho gaye, mehsoos bhi na hua. Umr to beet gayi hai aise mano ki patjhad ki hawayen zulfon ke rang sare dikhla jati hai ayine me.

Phir bhi khwayishon ki nashili shararat chain se jindegi ka jaam peene nahi deti. Tabhi akhri baar bhi ummed ki kashti me hum sawar ho chale hain.

Dil me khauf aur umang dono kaise saath saath khel sakte hain, bas yehi baat hairan kar rahi hai...

@DepartedMisanthrope is this Corona or bud?
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·

@DepartedMisanthrope is this Corona or bud?
    100 pipers. :mrgreen:
    Dead and departed general caste player. RIP.
    ·
  • edited February 24
    Hello @root
    It is my earnest request to please close this thread.
    This is so, because after having read mayurashraman's comment,I realise that even the 27 year old and onwards candidates who have flunked CSM a couple of times, would like to take a couple of years for trying their luck somewhere else or may even go for a job to gather some money and return afresh.

To sum up,they too require and feel a need to take a break from this monotonous life style of Cse preparation.

Hence, I feel and understand that there would be many 27+ candidates(UR) who would be willfully joining our demand of " Increasing the upper age limit to 35 " from cse 2018 .

Ps: I don't think that the govt would give into the demand of "no restriction on the number of attempts" .

Even getting the upper UR age limit extended to 35 , is a Herculean Task.

Achieving this parameter alone would give relief to many UR candidates who started very late and hence are not eligible any more ,as they are more than 32

Secondly ,it would be very beneficial and refreshing move for people who started in early /mid 20's , and are almost in the range of 25+ years.
    Many in this category would be willing to give their left over(remaining) attempts , after a gap of couple of years. MEANWHILE,
    they would do some job/pg/ any startup /any other refreshing move.

This would only be feasible with our new demand of max age of 35 years for UR.
    Through this ammendment they would easily be able to afford a gap of couple of years.

Hence,would come back very strongly for the remaining ones.

I UNDERSTAND and recognise that these two categories of people will be the powerhouse (mitochondria) of our protest.Particularly the latter category .

I shall be starting a new thread with this opening, after Mr @root or some supermod closes this.

Ps: I invite suggestions contrary to my opinion above "on why the govt would not give into the demand of ANY NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS"

But for that you wil have to wait for the new thread.

LASTLY,thanks @mayurasharman for giving me an idead of how to gather the masses.

·
  • edited February 24
    ^^
    Anytime brother...

I am always up for a just cause and I totally support this cause. It has the larger undercurrent of benefiting general category all over India.

Upto April probably, I'll be busy with CSE interview prep. If I make it to merit this time, I'll surely come back to support this cause materially and personally.

And please do update Facebook/Twitter/Change/Insta link of your group here. So that everyone can join in and see the progress.

All the best. :)
    Thank Lord Shiva...
    ·
  • ^ sure brother.apart frm preparing , I wil be spending some time for the cause daily ,to build our online group initially .As of now,am alone.Apart from you and a few others, no one sounds affirmative.

Still,I wil try .May be with time,people get mobilised.

Thanks n ATVB
    ·
  • 6th nd last in 2017 ....
    fiːnɪks
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog