MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 30th OCT(Evening) 5:15 PM - 7:15 PM & 15th Nov. (Morning) 11:00 AM-1:00 PM ;
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal (Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar (Rank-200, 2016)

Lucknow/Allahabad: Urgent information needed

Dear all,
I need some crucial information from you guys, it will be instrumental in me filling up the cs form.
I wanted to know where does UPSC usually put its centres in Lucknow/Allahabad ? Had heard that it is usually a single centre in the UPPSC buildings in both the city.
Can any forum member here who had given their mains from these cities please help me with this information. It will be really helpful.

Thank you.

Comments

• yes only one centre in both of these cities.
  • Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.
    I am planning to fill the form by monday, hope I get the centre.
  • if you fill the form by monday then you may not get this centre for pre.These centres are exclusive for mains only.
  • Yes I want them for mains only. For pre I have opted Agra.
    Any idea about accomodation? Which of the two is better located accomodation wise ?
    Lucknow's uppcs is in aliganj right?
    Allhabad's in civil lines?
  • smita.rai said:

Yes I want them for mains only. For pre I have opted Agra.
    Any idea about accomodation? Which of the two is better located accomodation wise ?

obviously UPPSC at Aliganj in lucknow
  • smita.rai said:

Really? Someone actually told me the other way round that there are good hotels and stuff near the Allahabad centre..like within 30mins driving .
  • smita.rai said:

smita.rai said:

Really? Someone actually told me the other way round that there are good hotels and stuff near the Allahabad centre..like within 30mins driving .
    There are number of decent places for accomodation in Hazratganj area. In case of Hazratganj, it is only 20-25 minutes away from the centre with well connected transportation system. You can also apply for CSIR Guest house accomodation which is only walking distance from UPPSC Aliganj centre.
  • That information is of immense help !!! Can't thank you enough infinity!
    Also oldboy thank you for your inputs.
    Wish you both all the very best for the exam process.
  • smita.rai said:

smita.rai said:

There are number of decent places for accomodation in Hazratganj area. In case of Hazratganj, it is only 20-25 minutes away from the centre with well connected transportation system. You can also apply for CSIR Guest house accomodation which is only walking distance from UPPSC Aliganj centre.
    Bhai how is allahabad for upsc preparation for English medm candidate. Is there any classes like Delhi for test series and all. Don't have any idea hence asking
  • Drona said:

smita.rai said:

smita.rai said:

Bhai how is allahabad for upsc preparation for English medm candidate. Is there any classes like Delhi for test series and all. Don't have any idea hence asking
    @infinity_upsc
  • Drona said:

smita.rai said:

smita.rai said:

bhai honestly speaking...allahabad se better hai ki ghar par hi prepare karo.
  • smita.rai said:

smita.rai said:

Hey, sorry to bother you but I wanted to know why you not suggesting Allahabad as a centre? I just looked it up and saw several hotels near the UPPSC centre. (The one next to Chandra Shekhar Azad park)
  • smita.rai said:

smita.rai said:

smita.rai said:

Hey, sorry to bother you but I wanted to know why you not suggesting Allahabad as a centre? I just looked it up and saw several hotels near the UPPSC centre. (The one next to Chandra Shekhar Azad park)
    Two reasons :
    1. I have been to UPPSC Allahabad for exams and also for interview but I found that the atmosphere of UPPSC Lucknow is far better during the exam. There are number of places adjacent to UPPSC Lucknow where you can have refreshments during recess.
    2. Since I belong to lucknow, hence there is an inherent bias :p

Obviously, you can chose Allahabad if you are more familiar to that place.
  • You say atmosphere...in what ways?

Haha...I am actually not familiar to either of the two...but I found that the hotels are pretty close by and good in the case of Allahabad.
  • smita.rai said:

You say atmosphere...in what ways?

Haha...I am actually not familiar to either of the two...but I found that the hotels are pretty close by and good in the case of Allahabad.

In terms of ambience as the UPPSC examination centre in Lucknow is a newly constructed building, has broad open space and is surrounded by parks.

Lol....Infact I never realised why I had an inclination towards Lucknow centre vis a vis Allahabad. It was only after your query that i was compelled to think in such terms.
  • Lol! That sounds like I am causing too much trouble for you. Apologies.
    Well Lucknow certainly sounds more serene. But as long as the benches are fine and comfortable I don't think I ll have any thing to complain about. Any expert comments on that aspect?
  • smita.rai said:

Lol! That sounds like I am causing too much trouble for you. Apologies.
    Well Lucknow certainly sounds more serene. But as long as the benches are fine and comfortable I don't think I ll have any thing to complain about. Any expert comments on that aspect?

Very good quality of table and chair is provided separately to each and every student
  • Drona said:

smita.rai said:

smita.rai said:

bhai honestly speaking...allahabad se better hai ki ghar par hi prepare karo.
    +100
  • smita.rai said:

Very good quality of table and chair is provided separately to each and every student
    Bas! Yeh ki na aapne ekdum sahi baat...thank you infinity ji. I think i will go with allahabad. Afterall old buildings have their own charm as well.
  • smita.rai said:

smita.rai said:

Bas! Yeh ki na aapne ekdum sahi baat...thank you infinity ji. I think i will go with allahabad. Afterall old buildings have their own charm as well.
    Hahaha..Good B)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog