Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

OBC question

My father is high school (state government ) teacher which is group C (I think so ) ,do I belong to non creamy OBC ?

Comments

• Yes

Thanks for replying . For group C ,6 lakhs is criteria not valid ?
  • gayathri said:

Yes

is there any notifications regarding this ? I am hearing lots of horror stories of OBC candidates
  • nipon said:

gayathri said:

Yes

is there any notifications regarding this ? I am hearing lots of horror stories of OBC candidates
    Don't worry bro you belong to OBC ncl as your father is group c employee and in that case income of your father is not considered. As far as OBC case is concerned it was related to candidates whose fathers were PSU employees.
  • Dead Man said:

As far as OBC case is concerned it was related to candidates whose fathers were PSU employees.

Sir This is what I am confused . what is difference between PSU and state govt employees ?
  • nipon said:

Dead Man said:

As far as OBC case is concerned it was related to candidates whose fathers were PSU employees.

Sir This is what I am confused . what is difference between PSU and state govt employees ?
    PSUs are semi government entities like HAL, BHEL, ONGC, SAIL, banks and insurance companies etc while state government employees are for example police, government school teachers, tax employees, railway employees (central government employee) etc. As per DoPT, PSUs don't have employees categorisation (like group B, C, D etc as in case of government employees) so if any employee of PSU having income more than prescribed limit for OBC ncl then wards of such employees are considered to be NOT a obc candidate irrespective of post of his parents.
  • @Dead Man Thanks . do you have any idea what kind of documents need to be provided for OBC category in state employees in support of ncl
  • nipon said:

@Dead Man Thanks . do you have any idea what kind of documents need to be provided for OBC category in state employees in support of ncl

If you are talking about obc certificate to be submitted to upsc then You need to provide OBC ncl certificate in CENTRAL government format (format is given on UPSC site) which is combination of caste certificate and obc ncl certificate.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog