ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

sixth and final attempt...

hi all,
I have been preparing for UPSC since 2012 and 2016 was my 5th attempt and I have failed to clear mains. I am totally disappointed and also confused about the next move. Should i try giving one more attempt in 2017 or should i take a break for an year and find myself a job (SSC, BANK PO etc) and then resume preparations for 2018?
need ur suggestions.
·

Comments

• Exactly same situation here :-(
    Please someone address this issue.
    ·
  • hrt said:

hi all,
    I have been preparing for UPSC since 2012 and 2016 was my 5th attempt and I have failed to clear mains. I am totally disappointed and also confused about the next move. Should i try giving one more attempt in 2017 or should i take a break for an year and find myself a job (SSC, BANK PO etc) and then resume preparations for 2018?
    need ur suggestions.

Better get job in SSC or Bank and skip this year's attempt. You will have a peace of mind and lots of confidence for 2018 exam if you have a good job in hand.
    ·
  • hrt said:

hi all,
    need ur suggestions.

Take a break and find some job

·
  • This mains result also destroyed my life.... :'(
    My situation is diffrent but problem is same..I am 27 years old and Unemployed..No back up ...No tesnsion of attempt because till now only 2 attempt..What should I do guys? Plzz help.. :'(
    ·
  • edited February 23
    sm of u have 1 left...sm 2 left..u r under 30....so u all are in much privileged position as compared to those who have crossed 30 n have no attempt left in UPSC

u should nt get disappointed, but u must not apply for upsc alone from next time, apply for state pcs too and if u are good at maths and reasoning and looking for govt jb, u must appear in ssc too with some preparation.
    ·
  • Me too!
    Dead and departed player. RIP.
    ·
  • hrt said:

hi all,
    need ur suggestions.

You know what, this is exactly my trajectory too!

Now, I've been advised to take a break for a year and focus on IFoS or to take up a job , and rewrite next year.

Now, I have some apprehensions with this move:

Will they take away the 6th attempt in 2018 once Baswan is implemented?

Will it really be easy to chuck my optional(socio) and prepare two new optionals for IFoS?

Would it be too late and therefore inadvisable to join the government in 2019(if I clear) when I shall be 30.

There are issues of family responsibility and financial stuff too, but let's keep those aside for the moment.

I want advice on what step to take, and I need to decide next week.

Thanks, and all the best to us!
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
    ·
  • handshake said:

hrt said:

hi all,
    need ur suggestions.

You know what, this is exactly my trajectory too!

Now, I've been advised to take a break for a year and focus on IFoS or to take up a job , and rewrite next year.

Now, I have some apprehensions with this move:

Will they take away the 6th attempt in 2018 once Baswan is implemented?

Will it really be easy to chuck my optional(socio) and prepare two new optionals for IFoS?

Would it be too late and therefore inadvisable to join the government in 2019(if I clear) when I shall be 30.

There are issues of family responsibility and financial stuff too, but let's keep those aside for the moment.

I want advice on what step to take, and I need to decide next week.

Thanks, and all the best to us!
    Bhai try to any govt job and give last attempt with peace of mind ..dont think late ho jaega warna shi me late ho jaega .
    ·
  • I have worked as an PO in a Nationalized bank and SBI...resigned...now with a interview post of SSC...although its very tough to get any interview post in SSC...but if u can manage it...go for it...if u join any bank...u won't find any time and will be so tired and mentally disturbed that even with peace of mind of having a job won't do any good in upsc attempts...

·
  • Wrote mains 2011-15 without any success . Joined ssc Intrvw post in 2014. Skipped 2016 civils . Managed to clear rbi grade B 2016. Now in dilemma whether to give final attempt or not? unable to garner courage to take the final leap
    SSC CGL 2011,SBI po 12,13;Capf AC 14;RBI grade b 16;CSM 2011-15
    ·
  • bhaz said:

Wrote mains 2011-15 without any success . Joined ssc Intrvw post in 2014. Skipped 2016 civils . Managed to clear rbi grade B 2016. Now in dilemma whether to give final attempt or not? unable to garner courage to take the final leap

congrats bhai for clearing rbi grade b. ur perseverance has paid off though in other form but nevertheless in a great way. rbi grade b is a top class job.
    ·
  • bhaz said:

Wrote mains 2011-15 without any success . Joined ssc Intrvw post in 2014. Skipped 2016 civils . Managed to clear rbi grade B 2016. Now in dilemma whether to give final attempt or not? unable to garner courage to take the final leap

Hi commandant....continue in rbi groom urself
    And make a comeback.....baswan report only after 2019 elections...
    ·
  • I have worked as an PO in a Nationalized bank and SBI...resigned...now with a interview post of SSC...although its very tough to get any interview post in SSC...but if u can manage it...go for it...if u join any bank...u won't find any time and will be so tired and mentally disturbed that even with peace of mind of having a job won't do any good in upsc attempts...

When did you resign ?
    ·
  • ramon said:

I have worked as an PO in a Nationalized bank and SBI...resigned...now with a interview post of SSC...although its very tough to get any interview post in SSC...but if u can manage it...go for it...if u join any bank...u won't find any time and will be so tired and mentally disturbed that even with peace of mind of having a job won't do any good in upsc attempts...

When did you resign ?
    Almost two years back
    ·
  • bhaz said:

Hi commandant....continue in rbi groom urself
    And make a comeback.....baswan report only after 2019 elections...
    Thanks for advice,will consider it
    SSC CGL 2011,SBI po 12,13;Capf AC 14;RBI grade b 16;CSM 2011-15
    ·
  • I wish there were more people advising us here. I really need to decide this in a week's time.
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google