MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening) & 29th June (Morning) ; Registration open
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website :- www.mitrasias.com

End of UPSC story

This is end of my UPSC story. Started in 2005 with NDA exam. Got very near to selection. Saw name in employment news (old aspirants will understand), but medical out.
Then UPSC from 2010 onward. 4 mains. UPSC has always been my love. It drived me for more than 12 years. Now feeling a huge void. I am in stable job so no worries in that front. But this was my passion. Importantly I did what I can have and now no regrets. Enjoyed every part of it. Being happy as always. I will think about next moves later. Now enjoying my rejection. :-)
India, my country and public service were the motivation and these will guide me further also.

Few of my own lines-

I am human and rightly have limitations,
But never will I lose hope,
Never will I give up.

I may lose uncountable times,
I may fall down at every step,
But I’ll make effort to get up,
I’ll try once again.

Never to forget that,
Hard work will be the only tool,
Belief in myself and god will never fickle,
Nothing will ever stop me from doing good,
My means will justify the ends.

Pinnacles I may attain,
But earth will always be the base,
Respect and humbleness will be the quality,
Feel of thankful privilege for every gift bestowed upon.

Destinations will be achieved with head held high,
But most importantly, never without the smile.

And no advice for anyone from my side. Everyone charts out there own path eventually. Just be happy and all the best for life.

P.S. People who have same story kindly share.
The farther I go, tougher it gets
The tougher it gets, determined I become
·

Comments

• Thank you sir for sharing . I am very happy that you are very happy . I don't want to be emotional here . I learn what ever small i became able to . Best of luck for your future .
    ·
  • edited February 22
    Best of Luck for your future
    ·
  • Admire your fighting spirit. Wish you a happy life ahead
    ·
  • As they say,'Hardwork pays off'.
    But in India and especially exams like this,may or may not pay.
    ·
  • koi nahi..u r nt d first..neither ur d last....bahut hai aise dukhiyare...so just enjoy..jeena isi ka naam hai
    ·
  • freeman said:

koi nahi..u r nt d first..neither ur d last....bahut hai aise dukhiyare...so just enjoy..jeena isi ka naam hai

Bhai dukhiyara nahi hu. Himachali hu... we are always chilled
    ·
  • edited February 23
    Such threads make me sad. I feel like an old man erasing names from his phone book after attending the funeral of a dear friend, with a sense of dejected resignation.

I remember seeing you on some socio threads (same optional). All the best buddy.
    Me too just one step behind. And I'm sure as hell not going to be so content and peaceful next year, irrespective of which way the result swings. I am angry. I'll retire angry.

Anyway, best of luck for your future.

Sorry about the sapphires.
    ·
  • edited February 23
    Keep up the spirit.
    You words full of wisdom make me happy. The fact that you are happy now irrespective of how your UPSC journey went, shows your character. All the best Bhai. God bless.
    ·
  • Well written words sir , the sense of contentment that u breathing now after so much debacles manifest your mental equanimity. Believe me , whatever you have learned through these experiences will always come handy to you in your future endeavours. You are the one who can teach so many things to others . And cheer up , civil services is just a job.
    Good luck Sir .
    ·
  • This is end of my UPSC story. Started in 2005 with NDA exam. Got very near to selection. Saw name in employment news (old aspirants will understand), but medical out.
    Then UPSC from 2010 onward. 4 mains. UPSC has always been my love. It drived me for more than 12 years. Now feeling a huge void. I am in stable job so no worries in that front. But this was my passion. Importantly I did what I can have and now no regrets. Enjoyed every part of it. Being happy as always. I will think about next moves later. Now enjoying my rejection. :-)
    India, my country and public service were the motivation and these will guide me further also.

Few of my own lines-

I am human and rightly have limitations,
    But never will I lose hope,
    Never will I give up.

I may lose uncountable times,
    I may fall down at every step,
    But I’ll make effort to get up,
    I’ll try once again.

Never to forget that,
    Hard work will be the only tool,
    Belief in myself and god will never fickle,
    Nothing will ever stop me from doing good,
    My means will justify the ends.

Pinnacles I may attain,
    But earth will always be the base,
    Respect and humbleness will be the quality,
    Feel of thankful privilege for every gift bestowed upon.

Destinations will be achieved with head held high,
    But most importantly, never without the smile.

And no advice for anyone from my side. Everyone charts out there own path eventually. Just be happy and all the best for life.

P.S. People who have same story kindly share.

that's some spirit bhai..wish you best always!!!
    ·
  • Those who have commented on this thread, it is request if you can have a look at initiative by @UPPERAGE35CSE2018 Kindly reach his profile and see his discussions. You can also see his threads on first page of forum here.

This is for aspirants who have crossed the age/attempt criteria.
    ·
  • freeman said:

koi nahi..u r nt d first..neither ur d last....bahut hai aise dukhiyare...so just enjoy..jeena isi ka naam hai

Rulaata badka jee tusaa toh !
    ·
  • freeman said:

Rulaata badka jee tusaa toh !
    Hahaha. Bhai me to khush rehne ko bol rha.
    ·
  • All the best for your future. Agle saal I'll join you. Actually possibly in few months only.
    Dead and departed player. RIP.
    ·
  • nice yar wishing you all the very best in life
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google