"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
ForumIAS Mains Orientation Session on June 24 at 11 AM

ForumIAS will be conducting an Orientation Session for Mains 2017 on June 24 at 11AM. The agenda of the session will be to discuss (1) Mains Guidance Plan along with sources and time management techniques (2) Toppers Talk with Prajit Nair ( AIR 87 ) who will discuss his detailed strategy for Mains Preparation. The event is specially for MGP Students / MGP interested students / Mains Marathon Followers but can be attended by all. Click here to register ( Mandatory)

Note : A second Open to All Session will be conducted soon with MGP Student Mittali Sethi in the coming days.
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening)-5:15PM - 7:15PM & 29th June (Morning)-11AM-1PM ; FREE SEMINAR ON 25TH JUNE, 5.15PM Subject To Availability Of Seats
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal(Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar(Rank-200, 2016) (3) Athar Aamir 1st booklet and 2nd booklet(Rank-2)

Demand for Upper age to be made 35 for UR ,before CSE 2018

Hello @root
I have been a very old member here since almost the times when Mr. Neanderthal was writing his second attempt.

However, I due to many constraints could appear only CSE 2014. NONE before or after that.

This time,when I was overcoming those limitations (personal) , I got to see the thread Cse justice,which sadly couldn't do anything for us.

From what we could make out,the reason for the movement being UNSUCCESSFUL ,WAS LACK OF PEOPLE AT THE PROTEST VENUE.

THE Sole reason for which was a lack of CONSENSUS OF THE MASSES , on A "common demand"

I want the people who have been much more experienced than me, who have given much of their youth for this exam and many of whom, who were almost there , to gather courage and come here FOR ONE LAST PROTEST AT MODI JI'S CONSTITUENCY IN VARANASI, before THE 2018 NOTIFICATION COMES OUT.

OUR DEMAND WILL BE FOR 35 YEARS FOR OPEN CATEGORY.

SUCH A demand is bound to attract huge crowd of aspirants from all corners, including this ForumIas.

Remark: I am not associated with any of the core team or any group .Sadly ,I wasn't able to make it to the ground yesterday, because of a medical procedure.

Apart from this,I want you to give your suggestions of how to plan and carry it out .

For this I have created a telegram channel which wil be made public ,if people get-together for this cause.

THE LINK TO WHICH IS:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEGxeARWxL2TY1-Dng

I hope Mr. Root wouldn't have any objection regarding the creation of this thread.

Because afterall, we wouldn't find any place other than ForumIas ,which would enable and help us in growing stronger for this last chance.

As we gather people and have suggestions,we wil look forward to make up a competent team which will hollistically and synergistically work for the success of the movement.
·

Comments

• @talktoaku please join the telegram group as well Sir.we had a telephonic chat today in afternoon.I wil try to help you in whatever way I can .Of which,this is the same
    ·
  • Yes count me in.although I am not in varanasi but if communicated on time I can try to join protest.also this time no RSS or abvp but whoever serves our purpose should be contacted.but before that planning is a necessary part because csat team failed due to poor planning and lack of co-ordination.also so many factions were there with their own objectives.So we don't want people with political ambitions.Let's formulate a strategy keeping in mind past mistakes and get the work done
    ·
  • edited February 22
    Formulation wil involve like minded ppl like you and many .we wil stand on ground without any leaders.There wil certainly be some law grads joining us,they wil help us in legal matters.

But the utmost imp thing is the use of tech. as wel, just like Namo did to win his cause.ie the gen. Elections.

We wil sort things out as people join in and put suggestions.
    ·
  • edited February 22
    +1

Will support it materially and financially. Personally too, if possible.

Please include merging of exams for increasing the number of seats, as a demand. More seats means guys won't have to swaet it in different exams with different syllabi.
    ·
  • We wil be formulating a DEMAND STATEMENT ONLY AFTER YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

Ultimately it is the movent by all and for all.

Let people add up and then we wil work on every aspect.
    Thanks pks
    ·
  • 35 for General is too far fetched when Baswan has recommended to reduce the age. Demanding extra attempt is more feasible and pragmatic...
    ·
  • edited February 22
    Total and unconditional support....

35 years as upper age limit and unlimited attempts.
    That is what I would personally like.

I have cleared CSM 2016. If I make it to final list, I will personally throw my weight behind this movement. Literally and figuratively. :)
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
    ·
  • vishnudev said:

35 for General is too far fetched when Baswan has recommended to reduce the age. Demanding extra attempt is more feasible and pragmatic...

bhai i am 28 myself but short of attempts. We have to take everyone with us if we want to form a movement to reckon with. Such a demand will mobilise the entire 28-33 age group into the movement.
    ·
  • edited February 22
    vishnudev said:

35 for General is too far fetched when Baswan has recommended to reduce the age. Demanding extra attempt is more feasible and pragmatic...

No it's not far fetched. It's actually pragmatic and brings justice general category people.

Reserved category gets benefits in:
    - Fees remission at all stages
    - Higher Age limit
    - More Number of attempts
    - Reserved quotas on every single stage of exam
    - Liberal treatment in interview stage. (separation from unreserved category)
    - Reservation in promotion

The first three benefits don't solely address the famed "historic injustice" per se. They have a large economic component too.
    So general category needs them too.

Hence, higher upper age limit and more attempts for general too.
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
    ·
  • yes..this should be the demand....restricting attempts of general category in no way benefits other categories and is not a part of affirmative action...then why have they restricted attempts of general category? no rationale seems to be there...
    ·
  • edited February 22
    I don't seem to have stakes in this demand for I am well under the present upper limit, but I support it in principal for how unreasonable cast compensations should be addressed. There is not going to be any corrective measure vis-a-vis reservation policy from government, so such movements are the only way to handle the scenario of less jobs and obc-biased selection processes.

Theoretically, such a movement should move on these lines -

1. Age parity for all categories - 35
    2. Remove attempt restrictions altogether.

but practically, if there is bias towards younger aspirants in interview marks, this movement won't bring any benefits to the flag-bearers, unless all they want is a political platform for their electoral prospects. Moreover extension of age limit and removal of attempt restriction will just increase competition for general candidates and clearing mains will become all the more difficult. Ideally this movement should target abolishing the obc reservation policy.

Stop all obc benefits for they are not in any way differently placed than a general candidate.
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
    ·
  • I don't seem to have stakes in this demand for I am well under the present upper limit, but I support it in principal for how unreasonable cast compensations should be addressed. There is not going to be any corrective measure vis-a-vis reservation policy from government, so such movements are the only way to handle the scenario of less jobs and obc-biased selection processes.

but practically, if there is bias towards younger aspirants in interview marks, this movement won't bring any benefits to the flag-bearers, unless all they want is a political platform for their electoral prospects. Moreover extension of age limit and removal of attempt restriction will just increase competition for general candidates and clearing mains will become all the more difficult. Ideally this movement should target abolishing the obc reservation policy.

Stop all obc benefits for they are not in any way differently placed than a general candidate.

Two things:
    1. There is no bias in favour of young candidates or anyone in UPSC. Good God, from where did you get such ideas ?? Remember Gaurav Aggarwal, Suharsh Bhagat etc.

2. Secondly, even if someone wants to have a political career out of a protest, we are only concerned with the benefit that the movement will provide to us.
    If someone is going to Lucknow from Delhi by car and you want a lift to Sitapur, you just be thankful about getting down at Sitapur (higher age limit + more attempts). What you have to do with where the car owner is headed (political career)?? Let him go to Lucknow or Kanpur or Patna or wherever he wants. :)
    ·
  • edited February 22
    pks11630 said:

I don't seem to have stakes in this demand for I am well under the present upper limit, but I support it in principal for how unreasonable cast compensations should be addressed. There is not going to be any corrective measure vis-a-vis reservation policy from government, so such movements are the only way to handle the scenario of less jobs and obc-biased selection processes.

Two things:
    1. There is no bias in favour of young candidates or anyone in UPSC. Good God, from where did you get such ideas ?? Remember Gaurav Aggarwal, Suharsh Bhagat etc.

2. Secondly, even if someone wants to have a political career out of a protest, we are only concerned with the benefit that the movement will provide to us.
    If someone is going to Lucknow from Delhi by car and you want a lift to Sitapur, you just be thankful about getting down at Sitapur (higher age limit + more attempts). What you have to do with where the car owner is headed (political career)?? Let him go to Lucknow or Kanpur or Patna or wherever he wants. :)
    but my core concern is that mere relaxation of age-limit/attempts will only increase competition for general candidates. You should ask for competition with OBCs. Unless OBC reservation is targeted, this age-paring with OBCs is just going to target people like me and do a lip-service in name of caste-parity. This car-pooling is going to ultimately render me out when ultimately its about reaching LBSNAA. I am saying there is room in the OBC car, the general car is already crowded.
    ·
  • Age limit of 35 and unlimited attempt is ideal demand not only for currently aggrieved students as well as future candidates.
    ·
  • edited February 22
    Thanks for pointing out that " If" pks .

I wanted to point it out,but thought that some prospective member of the protest would do it.

Secondly ,I DO NOT HAVE ANY POLITICAL ASPIRATIONS, such platforms can't even help anyone in getting MLA ticket. #my opinion

IT'S AN idea which I conceived after @talktoaku and me had a telephonic conversation today.

The dormant dream within me,made me start a thread and create a Telegram Channel.

The ideal people in my opinion ,for leading this protest on ground ,would be THOSE GENERAL CANDIDATES, WHO HAVE THE POTENTIAL ,BUT SOMEHOW WHO WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO CRACK THE PRE 2017 ,AND HAVE ATTAINED THE AGE 32.

AND THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY 32 YEARS AND A FEW MONTHS, HENCE UNABLE TO WRITE CSE 2017

This latter category would have many who got rejected in Mains ,whose RESULTS WERE declared yesterday .Many amongst them would have been just below the threshold.

This category has the required potential as WELL AS TIME BY THEIR SIDE, AS THEY STILL HAVE A COUPLE OF YEARS B4 THEY TURN 35

PS: The movement needs technological support so that we have interactions amongst us, we can trend on twitter at the perfect time.

Also we need ppl who have just crossed 32 ,to put up their hands and be volunteers.
    REMEMBER ,this age group is the most suitable to form the core team of our CAUSE
    ·
  • With due respect to Richard Parker, he is just worried about his chances,in case he doesn't make it in 2017 and 2018 notific comes out in sync with the demand of 35 yrs for UR

A clinical case of low self confidence, I must say with stress.
    ·
  • dont need to target any other reservation or group..like the person above is saying target obc reservation...tis is totally absurd...no govt will agree to this...concentrate on our own legitimate demands without affecting any other grp
    ·
  • edited February 22
    @UPPERAGE35CSE2018 sir, that's how you see it. Don't want to taunt you but you have a very narrow vision. That's how I see it. Best of luck anyway. Hope you end up doing something good through this.
    ·
  • Thanks mayur. U seem to be the one from top tech .b/g and qualified mains too.This protest needs ppl like u.
    ·
  • affirmative action just recommends reservation for backwards grps...it doesnt say restrict attempts for other categories..our demand is totally genuine and justified...
    ·
  • edited February 22
    age limit for ssc exam is increased from 27 to 30 . we can also demand age limit to be 35 without any attempts limit.
    i think many people will join this movement but the demands and goal of the movement should be very clear
    (i also read somewhere that there is a recommendation by a commitee to increase age limit according to pay scale ie 35 for upsc )
    ·
  • edited February 22

@UPPERAGE35CSE2018 sir, that's how you see it. Don't want to taunt you but you have a very narrow vision. That's how I see it. Best of luck anyway. Hope you end up doing something good through this.

Even great visionaries in history ,couldn't sometimes have a larger view on certain issues.
    So, nothing amazing if I don't have.

However, I am ready to understand your broader view ,if you narrate it in a simplified way ,particularly pointing out those aspects ,which I didnt understand (IYO) AND WHIch made my POV look so narrow :D

·
  • bas bhai..yahi demand...35/no attempt limit.....bas yhi slogan ho...
    ·
  • edited February 22

but my core concern is that mere relaxation of age-limit/attempts will only increase competition for general candidates. You should ask for competition with OBCs. Unless OBC reservation is targeted, this age-paring with OBCs is just going to target people like me and do a lip-service in name of caste-parity. This car-pooling is going to ultimately render me out when ultimately its about reaching LBSNAA. I am saying there is room in the OBC car, the general car is already crowded.

Brother, I think you don't know the actual reality and are influenced by perception.

In India , the reserved category population makes for about 65% of demography. Every year govt. keeps adding social groups to reserved category with political motives, with scant regard to their economic status. So, in result well-to-do, middle class OBC candidates, armed with reservation benefits, compete with general category.
    Non-minority, general category makes for only about 20% of population.

Bhai, you need higher age limit and more attempts to compete fairly with the reserved categories. Not with general categories.
    And I hope u know that UR category is open for all while quotas are SPECIFICALLY reserved for some groups. So, theoretically, a situation is possible in which not even a single general candidate makes it to merit and whole list, from 1 to n, is filled with reserved category candidates.
    I hope u get it now.

P.S. - Why do you think political parties keep appeasing reserved categories and shower them with benefits?
    It's their large vote bank, dude.

P.P.S- I'm 29 and have cleared CSM this time. But, still I support this movement.
    ·
  • plz take care we should never sound like anti reservation, it will never gain any support from any political or social group . our focus should be on increasing age limit as it is done by state pcss maharashtra recently made it 38 for open ,WB also chnaged age limit, most pcs have upper age limit 35-36
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google