NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Very low scores in test series

Hello guys, i am feeling very low .
I have enrolled for vision test series.. just gave 3 tests
Got 72 and 48 and 36 and 37 and today in open test series, getting 27 score.
What should i do ? How should i improve.
Please give suggestions
My mind becomes numb wen i solve ques. Yes i read geo ncert twice before giving tests.
Still getting 36 score on solving prev yrs physcl geo.
I think I dont apply logic or much und while studying . Wat is the reason.

Am highly tensed that is causing me ineffective in studying. Positive suggstns pls
·

Comments

• + if i attempt 47 ques, its like 22 right and 25 wrong
    ·
  • If you wish to win, fail often and fail fast!

An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • how did you get your score of the open test?
    ·
  • feluda said:

how did you get your score of the open test?

Open test score is visible but not Rank.
    ·
  • feluda said:

how did you get your score of the open test?

Open test score is visible but not Rank.
    it did not show my marks. anyway, i can see it tomorrow.
    ·
  • banana said:

Hello guys, i am feeling very low .
    Please give suggestions
    My mind becomes numb wen i solve ques. Yes i read geo ncert twice before giving tests.

Am highly tensed that is causing me ineffective in studying. Positive suggstns pls

Don't just read, byheart line by line, physical geo is like that. Infact whole pre prep should be like that
    Yes u are right.
    I read twice , studied it line by line. I need to byheart it
    ·
  • Question based preparation can help. You have already read it so attempt questions, identify weak areas, focus on them more.
    ·
  • Attempt kitne kiye ho ?
    Good Bye till Interview : )
    ·
  • INO said:

Attempt kitne kiye ho ?

·
  • Hello guys, i am feeling very low .
    Please give suggestions

Slow down while you are studying and try to understand than just trying to finish syllabus. It is okay if you finish just 70% syllabus but it is not okay if you don't understand anything even if you read it thrice.
    ·
  • @Chitra1234567 .....don't bother much I never crossed 80 marks in any test series of vision last year but I cleared pre with 121 marks....just focus on approach,elimination n basic concept
    ·
    Please give suggestions

geo ncert may seem easy while reading but require thorough understanding....so again read all the geo ncerts and solve tests of other coachings...if u have difficulty in understanding geo then supplement ncerts with geo lectures of mrunal which are avialble on youtube...they will help in building basics and provide better understanding...anywaz the test series are set at considerably higher level to scare us ,so dont worry abt low marks..keep practising ..best of luck
    ·
  • marks shows in negative despite getting same marks in positive!! some problem in marks calculation in think @"forum ias"
    ·
    Please give suggestions

Slow down while you are studying and try to understand than just trying to finish syllabus. It is okay if you finish just 70% syllabus but it is not okay if you don't understand anything even if you read it thrice.
    Yeah right am also rushing thru finishing syllabus
    ·
  • INO said:

Attempt kitne kiye ho ?

Toh tum kya soch rahe te.. 100℅ accuracy hogi.. attempts badhao.
    Jaha tak rattne ki baat hai... Koi line by line rattne ki need nahi hai.. options eliminate hi toh karne hai..
    Avoid re-reading of textbooks and do recalling multiple times.
    Frame Q to the text. Eg. What are different earthquake wakes ? Which one arrives first ? ... Next time when you sit to revise.. answer these Q .. rather than simple re reading. Keep solving mocks and macha do BC. :mrgreen:
    Good Bye till Interview : )
    ·
  • INO said:

INO said:

Attempt kitne kiye ho ?

Jaha tak rattne ki baat hai... Koi line by line rattne ki need nahi hai.. options eliminate hi toh karne hai..
    Frame Q to the text. Eg. What are different earthquake wakes ? Which one arrives first ? ... Next time when you sit to revise.. answer these Q .. rather than simple re reading. Keep solving mocks and macha do BC. :mrgreen:
    Thanks
    ·
  • INO said:

INO said:

Attempt kitne kiye ho ?

+1

#Great advice
    Have a Break. Have a Kit Kat.
    ·
  • Hi guys! I attempted visionias prelims open test no. 4 day before yesterday and got score today. My score was 67 in the previous test (visionias open test no. 3) and today i got 59 out 200 (in open test ni. 4). I have no idea why is it happening! Geography has consistently brought me down and polity this time was a big disappointment. I attempted 91 questions! Though they counted 88 only! Thats not the problem, problem is- out of 88, 44 were wrong! Please recommend me the right path/ way out! Earlier i have cleared prelims twice. But now for the past two attempts, i have seen failure at prelims level itself. So this is my fifth attempt this time. I am done with newspapers, polity laxmikanth, geography ncerts, economics- sriram and economic survey summary by forumias, modern history by ncert, and no revision till now! Yet to do current affairs from visionias monthly magazines, environment and ecology, art and culture, ancient and medieval history! Kindly suggest- shall i start revusing my already covered syllabus or complete the remaining stuff?
    ·
    Please give suggestions

hey. i can fully understand your situation. all you need is a bit of direction. check out iascurrent.com
    ·
    Please give suggestions

hey. i can fully understand your situation. all you need is a bit of direction. check out iascurrent.com
    Do advertisement in a sensible way atleast... Pay some money fir advertisement if u want to earn some... Stop playing with feelings :neutral:
    all i need is You Lord
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google