ForumIAS Open Test - Doubts and Queries - Score & Rank Sharing - Official Thread

12346»

Comments

  • was getting 109 in 2016 pre according to shankar ias keys. mock test score is 66. even in test series that i have susbscribed for prelims of forum ias, my score is hovering around 70s. in the tests of vision offline test that i undertake on own i score above 100. i have never scored above 90 in forum ias test.
    kinldy guide .
  • With reference to religious reform movements in India, consider the following.

    1. It was limited to the educated and urban middle class

    2. It promoted mysticism and pseudo-scientific thinking.

    3. It widened the gap between upper and lower castes

    Which of the above were negative aspects of reform movements?
    Options:

    a

    2 only

    b

    1 and 3 only

    c

    1, 2 and 3

    d

    3 only
    Subject: History
    Selected Option:

    a

    2 only
    Correct Option:

    c

    1, 2 and 3

    bhakti and sufism were religious reform movement and they were led by commoners and uneducated like kabir, surdas, sena ect . THESE movements brought lower class into maintstream thus fillling the gulf between upper and lower castes. so only option2 is correct.
    kindly guide
  • edited February 20
    parinda said:

    was getting 109 in 2016 pre according to shankar ias keys. mock test score is 66. even in test series that i have susbscribed for prelims of forum ias, my score is hovering around 70s. in the tests of vision offline test that i undertake on own i score above 100. i have never scored above 90 in forum ias test.
    kinldy guide .

    Don't commit " SPELLING MISTAKES " ...

    That'll definitely help in the Mains ..
  • parinda said:

    With reference to religious reform movements in India, consider the following.

    1. It was limited to the educated and urban middle class

    2. It promoted mysticism and pseudo-scientific thinking.

    3. It widened the gap between upper and lower castes

    Which of the above were negative aspects of reform movements?
    Options:

    a

    2 only

    b

    1 and 3 only

    c

    1, 2 and 3

    d

    3 only
    Subject: History
    Selected Option:

    a

    2 only
    Correct Option:

    c

    1, 2 and 3

    bhakti and sufism were religious reform movement and they were led by commoners and uneducated like kabir, surdas, sena ect . THESE movements brought lower class into maintstream thus fillling the gulf between upper and lower castes. so only option2 is correct.
    kindly guide

    Hi @parinda ,
    Religious reform movements are generally understood in the context of modern India.
    But your interpretation is 100% valid as well.
    It can be countered that Kabir himself said he was not a reformer.
    But bhaktism was most certainly a reform movement, so your point still stands.

    So all in all, the question should've been more specific. Good eye for detail. Keep at it. :)
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • Catman said:

    Was expecting 110 by Shankar in last year Pre and could not clear. Have been studying most of my optional till now.
    I got 106 marks in this without much revision.
    Can someone please clear the air on the claim in the other thread saying there's no optional this time? Have you guys been studying optional now or not?
    And I have planned to do pre specific study from April on wards. Does this plan sound good?
    @DrKingSchultz @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @Neyawn

    Good score. :)

    You'll have to wait till 22nd to find the answer to your query reg optional.

    Start pre specific from mid-March. Take as many mocks as possible. Learn elimination and take risks. Success will be yours. :)
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • parinda said:

    With reference to religious reform movements in India, consider the following.

    1. It was limited to the educated and urban middle class

    2. It promoted mysticism and pseudo-scientific thinking.

    3. It widened the gap between upper and lower castes

    Which of the above were negative aspects of reform movements?
    Options:

    a

    2 only

    b

    1 and 3 only

    c

    1, 2 and 3

    d

    3 only
    Subject: History
    Selected Option:

    a

    2 only
    Correct Option:

    c

    1, 2 and 3

    bhakti and sufism were religious reform movement and they were led by commoners and uneducated like kabir, surdas, sena ect . THESE movements brought lower class into maintstream thus fillling the gulf between upper and lower castes. so only option2 is correct.
    kindly guide

    +1
    Same Case
  • I scored 123. Where are the ranks?
  • got only 79 :(
    Feeling dejected after seeing such high scores here.
    Should I even bother to fill up the pre form on 22 feb?

    pahla kaam karo ki forum pe active mat raho.. yahan ke high score dekh ke aur frustration hoga...xaam.in se paper download karo aur khud ke score se compare karo..
    ye duniya kya chahe..
    money money
  • Catman said:

    Was expecting 110 by Shankar in last year Pre and could not clear. Have been studying most of my optional till now.
    I got 106 marks in this without much revision.
    Can someone please clear the air on the claim in the other thread saying there's no optional this time? Have you guys been studying optional now or not?
    And I have planned to do pre specific study from April on wards. Does this plan sound good?
    @DrKingSchultz @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @Neyawn

    Good score. :)

    You'll have to wait till 22nd to find the answer to your query reg optional.

    Start pre specific from mid-March. Take as many mocks as possible. Learn elimination and take risks. Success will be yours. :)
    Gyan Baant Rahe Ho yha,Doctor.Bhai mujhse toh test dia hi nahi gya.Ab Mains k Result k Baad hi Kuch Hoga.

    Sab Timing Ka Khel Hai.

  • Munich said:

    Catman said:

    Was expecting 110 by Shankar in last year Pre and could not clear. Have been studying most of my optional till now.
    I got 106 marks in this without much revision.
    Can someone please clear the air on the claim in the other thread saying there's no optional this time? Have you guys been studying optional now or not?
    And I have planned to do pre specific study from April on wards. Does this plan sound good?
    @DrKingSchultz @Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh @Neyawn

    Good score. :)

    You'll have to wait till 22nd to find the answer to your query reg optional.

    Start pre specific from mid-March. Take as many mocks as possible. Learn elimination and take risks. Success will be yours. :)
    Gyan Baant Rahe Ho yha,Doctor.Bhai mujhse toh test dia hi nahi gya.Ab Mains k Result k Baad hi Kuch Hoga.
    Mainay vision ka dusra open test diya aur submit karna bhool gaya. Result nay dimaag kharaab kar rakha hai.
  • 98.xx something.
    Btw, where are the rankings?
  • 9DashLine said:

    98.xx something.
    Btw, where are the rankings?

    Get Ranks by 9 PM today.
  • Can I still give the test
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • Result is out.
  • Check it here website is not working
    pdf
    pdf
    WR_CSM_16_Engl.pdf
    91K
    pdf
    pdf
    WR_CSM_16_Engl.pdf
    91K
  • Result aa gya
  • Where is the result of open test?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog