ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

ForumIAS Open Test - Doubts and Queries - Score & Rank Sharing - Official Thread

Comments

• I am not able to see the solutions.

Can please someone upload them
  • edited February 15

Q100 -

Which of the following parameters would have inflationary effect on the Indian economy?

1. RBI decreasing the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR)

2. RBI goes through the process of Sterilization

3. Crisis of crude oil in International market

4. Government rationalize the subsidies on goods and services

Correct Option:
    a
    1 and 3 only

Isn't 4 inflationary? Reasoning is: because of rationalization, some goods and services get less subsidy, so their prices are bound to increase, causing inflation.For example, take the case of LPG.

Rationalizing will mean reduction in subsidies, hence deflationary effect.
  • 67 correct
    23 incorrect
  • 58 correct, 30 wrong. Score 96
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2*, Interview - 0.
  • Team @ForumIAS please look into Ques 56 statement 2 which says that India's
    Merchandise Trade to GDP ration has seen increase over the years" I think this statement is incorrect. Look at the image once.
    Screenshot (320).png
    1366 x 768 - 121K
  • edited February 15
    jhun said:

Q100 -

Which of the following parameters would have inflationary effect on the Indian economy?

1. RBI decreasing the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR)

2. RBI goes through the process of Sterilization

3. Crisis of crude oil in International market

4. Government rationalize the subsidies on goods and services

Correct Option:
    a
    1 and 3 only

Isn't 4 inflationary? Reasoning is: because of rationalization, some goods and services get less subsidy, so their prices are bound to increase, causing inflation.For example, take the case of LPG.
    Rationalizing will mean reduction in subsidies, hence deflationary effect.

It does not necessarily mean reduction in subsidy. it means ensure only those who deserve get it, checking leakages etc.

But about the question, based on your reasoning , i do see how it can have both deflationary effects. google for some inflationary scenarios.
    How is it guys? Is there still any chance for 2017?
  • Neyawn said:

@gloomydespair Whats your score? :)

107 :|
    Would need improvement in case need arises
  • Overall the level of the test is gud...a considerable coverage of all the portions....commendable work by @forum ias Team...!!
  • Where in the Constitution is the provision of a composite floor test?
  • @Neyawn , @ForumIAS
    sir, can you please check question number 48, 60 , 64 , 76.
  • Demux said:

Where in the Constitution is the provision of a composite floor test?

It is not mentioned in the constitution, this is one of the many questions in which the answers are wrongly marked by the team. But a few mistakes are acceptable. I got at least 4 questions wrong, which i am 100% sure that i am correct, but no point in cribbing. The test was really balanced and well made apart from a few questions :)
  • Writing prelims mock test after long time, scoring around 115.. Very good paper Forum guys!

Please work on your website. It wasn't opening at all yesterday.. Start test button wasn't working..
  • Demux said:

It is not mentioned in the constitution, this is one of the many questions in which the answers are wrongly marked by the team. But a few mistakes are acceptable. I got at least 4 questions wrong, which i am 100% sure that i am correct, but no point in cribbing. The test was really balanced and well made apart from a few questions :)
    @Demux

That composite floor test is correct. Answer is also correct. Just read it two times.

If you are not getting it. Read it one more time.
  • my performance

Score 103.26
    Rank
    Correct 59
    Incorrect 22
    Marks Per Question 2
    Negative Marks 0.67
  • anjus said:

Demux said:

@Demux

That composite floor test is correct. Answer is also correct. Just read it two times.

Don't have to read it. Composite floor test has been innovated by the SC and is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution explicitly as far as I know. I stick to my stand that the answer is wrong and should be only 2 and 3.

http://www.dtnext.in/News/TamilNadu/2017/02/16025856/1027465/Floor-test-or-composite-floor-test-is-the-question.vpf?TId=112141
  • anjus said:

Demux said:

@Demux

Don't have to read it. Composite floor test has been innovated by the SC and is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution explicitly as far as I know. I stick to my stand that the answer is wrong and should be only 2 and 3.

http://www.dtnext.in/News/TamilNadu/2017/02/16025856/1027465/Floor-test-or-composite-floor-test-is-the-question.vpf?TId=112141
    Question has been asked about INCORRECT. 1st statement is incorrect and 3rd is correct. so answer should be 1&2.

• anjus said:

Demux said:

@Demux

Question has been asked about INCORRECT. 1st statement is incorrect and 3rd is correct. so answer should be 1&2.

Feeling like an absolute idiot now. Thanks for pointing it out, don't know how i managed to miss that.
    *Note to self: posting early in the morning must be avoided. Sorry to anybody that i might have misguided! Peace.
  • Team @ForumIAS please look into Ques 56 statement 2 which says that India's
    Merchandise Trade to GDP ration has seen increase over the years" I think this statement is incorrect. Look at the image once.

Yes, you are correct. It has been rectified now.
  • Amarishkr said:

Pl look into ans of following ques(written in short)

1. Desert animal (Q.7)
    2. JJACT,2015(Q.29)
    3. Sea Surface Temp rise(Q.34)
    4. Sehnai Instrument(Q.39)
    5. Subsidiary Alliance (Q.76)
    6. Anti-defection law(Q.78)
    7. special Drawing Rights(Q.96)

will be waiting for your response..

thanks @ForumIAS for wonderful test..

q7 - no idea
    q29 - yes, all options are correct.. few days back in times of india there was aprotest.. that cigarette sellers were eing fined under jj act...

q34 is good question

If the sea surface temperature were to rise, which of the following could be the possible outcomes?

1. Possibility of large storms would decrease - this will happen because of more water vapor in atmosphere

2. Salinity of oceans would increase - rise = melting of glacier = less salinity, but more temperature means more water vapor carrying capacity, so more evaporation also = more salinity - difficult to say

3. Coral Bleaching would take place = evident

4. Habitat destruction of certain mammals would take place = yes

5. Decrease in invasive species and overall loss of bio diversity - increase will happen

Select the correct statements using the codes given below.

correct are - 1,3,4 will happen 100%.. 2 is debatable..

q.39) don't know
    q.76) d is correct answer
    q.78) no idea about political parties part
    q. 96) too technical question.. no idea..

Q7. Xerocloes
    Q34- Increase in SST will harm many of aquatic animal and plants and many of aquatic animal will leave the hot oceanic region, resulting in loss of biodiversity.
  • edited February 16
    Start Unknown. Finish Unforgettable.
  • Can someone explain Q 96?
  • IASIPSIFS said:

सुनने में आ रहा है कि पिछले सारे परिणामों को अप्रत्याशित साबित करते हुए इस बार संघ लोक सेवा आयोग द्वारा संचालित सिविल सेवा परीक्षा 2016 के मुख्य परीक्षा परिणाम में हिंदी माध्यम के अभ्यर्थियों की हालत और ज्यादा चिंताजनक है। अब वास्तविकता का पता तो परिणाम घोषित होने के बाद ही चल पायेगा लेकिन अगर ऐसा है तो शायद हिंदी माध्यम से आईएएस बन पाना अब दिवास्वप्न ही लगता है।

It's not just Hindi... All the regional languages are facing same crisis...

Now or Never
  • I found the test pretty easy but the score is too high than expected and for some questions. I answered it wrong yet the key matches with my answer :open_mouth: For example, Sea surface temp rise I after writing the test realised that SST rise will lower down salinity as the glaciers melted were from freshwater. There are lot more like this. I do not believe such a high score.
  • 50. Tejas -> both options are correct. Tejas express is to be launched by railways in a short time. Tejas is also a light combat fighter developed by HAL.
  • Please check the answer key again and update the score.
  • Can I get the test now
  • equaliser said:

64 marks

44 correct 36 wrong. Always find difficult solving objectives without revision.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog