MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

ForumIAS Open Test - Doubts and Queries - Score & Rank Sharing - Official Thread

edited February 15 in Test Series
Note from ForumIAS :

This is the ONLY and Offiical Thread for discussions related to Forumias open Test with due permission from root. Do not create new threads. They will be deleted. Feel free to share scores, criticise, rant and discuss.

wrote the test..good job @ForumIAS

Paper was easy.. not that difficult.. Had some doubts.. can I post questions here for doubt ?
Writing CSE Mains 2016

Comments

• We would request you to not post questions here until 6-7 PM at least by when most people would have written the tests. We will ourselves make this an annoucement and questions,scores, can be discussed.

How did you score?
  • @ForumIAS Paper was good but I suspect few answers to be wrong. Ajinomoto or Monosodium glutamate is a taste/quality enhancer and idk why you are taking Japanese company to be an answer! Maggi controversy was due to this and lead. Moreover, in two questions, I marked one option as an answer but website was taking two options simultaneously selected which made them wrong.
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • scored 100.56
    but many q went wrong. time to evise again....
    how about others?
  • feluda said:

scored 100.56
    but many q went wrong. time to evise again....
    how about others?

Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • edited February 15
    72!
    2 times static portion revise kiya tha bass, abhi tak ek bhi test nahi diya tha (ye first tha :) ). pura panipat ho gaya, april mein university ke exam bhi h, (first timer first attempt :/ ) koi advice bhai log ? (left almost all sci & tech aaur environment ke questions)
    Start Unknown. Finish Unforgettable.
  • have doubt that in my final score written like this....

Correct- 29
    Incorrect-31
    Not answered- 11

than also total is not 100......???

Logic please explain @Forumias
  • edited February 15
    Q100 -
    Which of the following parameters would have inflationary effect on the Indian economy?

1. RBI decreasing the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR)

2. RBI goes through the process of Sterilization

3. Crisis of crude oil in International market

4. Government rationalize the subsidies on goods and services

Correct Option:
    a
    1 and 3 only

Isn't 4 inflationary? Reasoning is: because of rationalization, some goods and services get less subsidy, so their prices are bound to increase, causing inflation.For example, take the case of LPG.
  • harsh2511 said:

have doubt that in my final score written like this....

Correct- 29
    Incorrect-31
    Not answered- 11

Please login into our account after 8 PM. There are some technical issues. It would be resolved soon.
    Your scores would be re-calculated and updated. Don't worry :smile:
  • Thank you for the free test btw. was of good quality.
  • Pl look into ans of following ques(written in short)

1. Desert animal (Q.7)
    2. JJACT,2015(Q.29)
    3. Sea Surface Temp rise(Q.34)
    4. Sehnai Instrument(Q.39)
    5. Subsidiary Alliance (Q.76)
    6. Anti-defection law(Q.78)
    7. special Drawing Rights(Q.96)

will be waiting for your response..

thanks @ForumIAS for wonderful test..
  • brilliant paper , @ForumIAS.. as per UPSC standards. your questions are brilliant.. only if you work a little on your solutions.. u will be the no. 1 test series in upsc market..

You guys beat Vision and Vajiram hands down.

I would recommend anyone attempting 2017 to attempt the mock test. It is exactly as per the demand of UPSC.
  • brilliant paper , @ForumIAS.. as per UPSC standards. your questions are brilliant.. only if you work a little on your solutions.. u will be the no. 1 test series in upsc market..

I would recommend anyone attempting 2017 to attempt the mock test. It is exactly as per the demand of UPSC.

Hello sir, how are you? Kya score aaya
  • Burger said:

brilliant paper , @ForumIAS.. as per UPSC standards. your questions are brilliant.. only if you work a little on your solutions.. u will be the no. 1 test series in upsc market..

Hello sir, how are you? Kya score aaya
    Score tumse kam hai yaar.. after three four attempts.. you don't have enthu to score.. bas paas hone ke liye test likhte hain..

105-110 hai. wrote out of curiosity.
  • excellent standard test Questions... Kudos
    same as UPSC...
    93.88 score only :no_mouth:
  • Amarishkr said:

Pl look into ans of following ques(written in short)

1. Desert animal (Q.7)
    2. JJACT,2015(Q.29)

q7 - no idea
    q29 - yes, all options are correct.. few days back in times of india there was aprotest.. that cigarette sellers were eing fined under jj act...

q34 is good question

If the sea surface temperature were to rise, which of the following could be the possible outcomes?

1. Possibility of large storms would decrease - this will happen because of more water vapor in atmosphere

2. Salinity of oceans would increase - rise = melting of glacier = less salinity, but more temperature means more water vapor carrying capacity, so more evaporation also = more salinity - difficult to say

3. Coral Bleaching would take place = evident

4. Habitat destruction of certain mammals would take place = yes

5. Decrease in invasive species and overall loss of bio diversity - increase will happen

Select the correct statements using the codes given below.

correct are - 1,3,4 will happen 100%.. 2 is debatable..

q.39) don't know
    q.76) d is correct answer
    q.78) no idea about political parties part
    q. 96) too technical question.. no idea..

• I found GDP question and tax gdp question as very good and exceptional..
  • Just a caution about free tests and consequent feel good for first timers.

I too wrote the test. In this test, a good clearing score would be somewhere around 105-110 or so only. So if you are getting a feel good with 90 marks or 100 marks, so dont be complacent.

Its easy to get 5 marks less than the cut off. Almost all serious candidates who should get through but dont fail only by 5 marks or so range. Anyone who misses by 15-20 marks in not in the race for that year actually, a least for Prelims.

So try to get that extra 5-10 marks and clear the cut off for Prelims. Ideal target should 15-20 marks above cut off. And its possible. You have lot of time to achieve it.

It was an enjoyable paper @forumias team :) Good job!

Some very good, thoughtful questions :)

*No good deed goes unpunished*
  • Amarishkr said:

1. Desert animal (Q.7)
    2. JJACT,2015(Q.29)

q7 - no idea
    q29 - yes, all options are correct.. few days back in times of india there was aprotest.. that cigarette sellers were eing fined under jj act...

q34 is good question

If the sea surface temperature were to rise, which of the following could be the possible outcomes?

1. Possibility of large storms would decrease - this will happen because of more water vapor in atmosphere

2. Salinity of oceans would increase - rise = melting of glacier = less salinity, but more temperature means more water vapor carrying capacity, so more evaporation also = more salinity - difficult to say

5. Decrease in invasive species and overall loss of bio diversity - increase will happen

q.39) don't know

Haha @BombayPirate Your enthusiasm for solving MCQs is admirable :) Not many people have that energy anymore.
  • Neyawn said:

Amarishkr said:

1. Desert animal (Q.7)
    2. JJACT,2015(Q.29)

q7 - no idea

q34 is good question

q.39) don't know

Haha @BombayPirate Your enthusiasm for solving MCQs is admirable :) Not many people have that energy anymore.
    Bas pass hone bhar number laate hain prelims hai sir.. nice to see u after so many days..

hearing about attempt increase.. I already have so many attempt.. the upsc agony will continue more longer.. with this extension.
  • @Neyawn I just registered. Where can I give the test ?
  • I'll appear tomorrow. :sunglasses:
    Let's see what can be recalled from August's prep. :/
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2*. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Literature of English Language.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
  • @gloomydespair Whats your score? :)
  • ForumIAS said:

harsh2511 said:

have doubt that in my final score written like this....

Correct- 29
    Incorrect-31
    Not answered- 11

Please login into our account after 8 PM. There are some technical issues. It would be resolved soon.
    Your scores would be re-calculated and updated. Don't worry :smile:
    Waiting for the issue to be reolved.
  • First time posting on Forum Ias. This is the first Forum-Ias test I have given and i thought the paper was absolutely brilliant. Loved giving it. Keep it up ForumIas team!

Scored 119.27
  • 112.6 same as my csp2016 expected score :/

prelim prep should be started now i guess :neutral:
    ps: thanks @ForumIAS for the wakeup call and good test overall with minor glitches.
    Falak ko zidd hai jahan bijliyaan girane ki,
    Humein bhi zidd hai wahin aashiyaan banane ki.

First attempt 2016. Second attempt - 2017

Prelim - 2, Mains - 1*, Interview - 0
  • soo said:

@Neyawn I just registered. Where can I give the test ?

goto ForumIAS.academy you will see the test there after loggin in.
  • Burger said:

@ForumIAS Paper was good but I suspect few answers to be wrong. Ajinomoto or Monosodium glutamate is a taste/quality enhancer and idk why you are taking Japanese company to be an answer! Maggi controversy was due to this and lead. Moreover, in two questions, I marked one option as an answer but website was taking two options simultaneously selected which made them wrong.

ajinomoto is name of company.. recently they came out with notice in times of india that they are the registered owners of the trademark ajinomoto and noon can use that name..

ajinomoto doesn't enhance quality of food.. it is a taste enhancer..

among the choices given,... it was the best possible one..
  • soo said:

@Neyawn I just registered. Where can I give the test ?

goto ForumIAS.academy you will see the test there after loggin in.
    Thank you bhai. Will give tomorrow.
  • 101 :neutral: .. Bdiyaaa paper @FORUMIAS team !! :)
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog