"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains 2017 : The Only Course you will need to Score 400+ in GS
Mains Foundation 2017 by Ravi R Chokkalingam – to cover GS Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 1 (Social Issues), Ethics & Essay – with 4 Full Length Mock Tests.
Classes (Online | Offline) commence from 27th June for Mains Foundation, Mains Current Affairs, GS Paper III, Ethics & Essay

Call : 9555923039 for early bird discounts

CSE-2018 Early birds/ freshers

any one here preparing for cse-2018.... we can discuss things together and shape our preparaion in a structured manner...... @admin u can close this thread after 24 hrs.. if there is no response... was just looking for few people with whom i can discuss things and stuffs regarding this examination....
·

Comments

• I am also preparing for 2018 but i dont think that we are early birds not much time left.
    ·
  • I am also preparing for ias2018
    ·
  • When will prelims be held in 2018?
    Any idea, anyone?
    ·
  • @abhi44 it ll be around last week of may or june.... evry1 pls share ur educational background and other info like optional etc ... and what all things u have covered till now...
    ·
  • @thefighter nothing covered till now just started the hindu,edu.qu=b.com from ycm open university maharashtra.
    ·
  • 2018 attempt. Law optional.
    ·
  • @thefighter Will appear for cse 2018 with Punjabi literature optional . I am under graduate in non medical stream. Has only covered History ncerts, economic ncerts, Laxmikant and rajiv ahir's modern history yet.
    "Every successful person has a painful story, And every painful story has a successful ending."
    ·
  • Anyone here taking coaching?
    "Every successful person has a painful story, And every painful story has a successful ending."
    ·
  • hey i am also preparing for 2018. and doing selfstudy
    ·
  • 2018 would be my first attempt. preparing everything by self study (still havent done much). Economics optional
    ·
  • same here.... no coaching... BMS graduate.. optional anthropology... have covered lakshmikant and few ncert's of history .... trying to build up the momentum and consistency... any suggestions or any plan ??? how we can move forward from now on.. so tht final goal is accomplished..... like daily plan..targets...discussions... i think we can ignore CA's part till may.. .till then we can cover our gs(static) and optional part....
    ·
  • same here.... no coaching... BMS graduate.. optional anthropology... have covered lakshmikant and few ncert's of history .... trying to build up the momentum and consistency... any suggestions or any plan ??? how we can move forward from now on.. so tht final goal is accomplished..... like daily plan..targets...discussions... i think we can ignore CA's part till may.. .till then we can cover our gs(static) and optional part....

Hey I am also in my final year.. doing BBE
    ·
  • I am unable to do anything else other than Hindu because I am in my final semester and has to focus on my studies also. CA from may onwards will be more important but still I am reading Hindu to develop a habit and to become well aware.
    ·
  • Serious prep of mine will start from june onwards after getting free from graduation.
    ·
  • ok guyz one question , Do you feel after seeing previous years mains papers that you would never be able to answer those questions. How to analyse these things? Like a question how indus valley civilization influence present day urbanisation? We have read about indus valley and all things related to it. But how to frame this question.

This is just an example. But I wanna ask as beginners do we all feel the same or I am only :(
    ·
  • it happens with evryone... dont worry.... right after graduation when i started preparing these kind of questions used to haunt me... but as and wen u read and re-read those ncerts and once u understand how you have to answer such quest.... it wont be tht difficult.... problem is that the word "analyse" has been overemphasized in upsc circles.... pls keep it simple and straight.... for this particular problem what i would suggest is-
    1. read basics of any subject thorugh ncerts ... develop a strong foundation ..clear ur concepts thoroughly.....
    2. before getting into answer writting pls go through few scanned copies of selected candidates...see how they have written the answers.. go through atleast 5-6 candidate's answers... after this u ll get a fair bit of idea so as to how u have to write and frame ur answers.
    3. and even before doing the above two exercise's download atleast last 5 yrs gs papers and also download the syllabus of mains.... and extensively scan the papers... connect the questions asked with the syllabus....
    4. and let me tell you , out of those 20/25 questions asked in the exam.. only 10-12 are best attempted on an average, next 3-5 are average and rest is just for the sake of completing the paper... so i think u understand what i m trying to explain in this particular point.....
    and relax... for the people still persuing degrees.......clear ur graduation ...till then pls keep reading newspaper extensively... coz after u enter this arena u ll come to konw tht u have to read and read and read and read & thn write :P n number of things... prepare urself mentally and physically for this journey... and most importantly be very excited and eager to learn various things during this journey....and pls dont plan too much..its not going to happen the way u r dreaming or expecting...after u graduate... prepare a plan and follow it... with ur hardwork u ll clear the exam dont worry...

cheers.
    ·
  • any one here preparing for cse-2018.... we can discuss things together and shape our preparaion in a structured manner...... @admin u can close this thread after 24 hrs.. if there is no response... was just looking for few people with whom i can discuss things and stuffs regarding this examination....

Thanks for starting this thread .........

Let The Mind Games Begin
    ·
  • @thefighter Is 2018 going to be your first attempt or you have appeared before?
    ·
  • Thanks admin to created this thread
    Philosophy optional n
    Now 3 yr bsc Agriculture
    ·
  • It ll be my first.. I appeared for few group b exams ...was looking for some back up..BT soon I realised I was doing it halfheartedly.. And that my ultimate goal is cse.. So now focus is on cse 2018... And have started writing answers (not the conventional part but dynamic part CA's based)
    ·
  • @TheMentalistLaw its my pleasure... all the best :)
    ·
  • @thefighter you are really an early bird. you have started answer writing practise while we are still lacking proper strategy. Keep it up
    ·
  • I am an Engineer basically frustrated Civil Engineer ...i gave complete 2 year of my life for ESE after graduation but couldn't qualify .
    Now i am planning to come for IAS preparation taking Civil engineering as optional ...so guys please recommend me book list for IAS and also advice me for my Plan..
    ·
  • @ManinderjitKaur hey its nothing like that... even u ll enjoy it... once u begin .... all d best... plan and all that stuffs we can discuss it afterwards... at the right time... for now keep reading newspapers and magzines.. develop some interest in CA... rest ll b fyn...
    @tusharchandan13 bro more or less we are in the same boat.. seems u dont like ur stream... no worries... we ll get through this somehow.. just keep moving... for strategy and buklist follow insightsonindia blindly though u can reduce the numb of books given over there :)
    ·
  • Thanks buddy @the fighter i will do that ...i doesn't mean to say that i won't like my stream i like but i don't know why i am not getting success in my field..
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google