ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

UPSC MATHEMATICS OPTIONAL - GUIDELINES - VIDEOS- DAILY QUESTION UPDATES- CONCEPTS...** FREE OFCOST**

I am opening this thread to discover new talents in TOP 100 through Mathematics Optional.....Highly dedicated to all MATHEMATICS fraternity....And Aspirants of UPSC CSE " Mathematics Optional"
·

Comments

• Mathematics optional had the best track record among all science optional ......In 2016 it was just out of the box ....So, students felt difficulties and many started doubting the optional...
    ·
  • But dont worry I will be there free of cost just for Mathematics optional aspirants...
    ·
  • Please be positive first of all....It is the first rule in mathematics...And stay connected to this thread ...U all will be really beniffited through it....
    ·
  • First watch this 10 minutes video to analyse the syllabus and importance of previous year paper....U will surely appreciate it if u appreciate MATHEMATICS
    ·
  • I am in plan of producing high quality videos for Some topics in MATHEMATICS OPTIONAL within the week...So stay connected....

·
  • edited February 13
    Kindly start by uploading solutions to 2016 Optional Paper. Once that is done, kindly give solutions to 2015, 2014 etc. This will be much more useful and will take less effort.

(Not Video, but jpeg or pdf)
    ·
  • I am in plan of producing high quality videos for Some topics in MATHEMATICS OPTIONAL within the week...So stay connected....

Sir .....I am planning for CSE - 2018.....I was little bit confused between Sociology and Mathematics optional....But after this year Mathematics optional mains paper, I really got scared after reading reviews of candidates....They were telling that...This year Mathematics questions paper was too much difficult...It got a mixture of physics and mathematics (of course)......So... Finally I have decided to take sociology optional but not started preparing yet....But I am in dilemma right now....Because on one side.... Sociology has less syllabus and materials are easily available but on another side.... Mathematics is there whose syllabus is huge but high chance of getting 250+ and it will help in IFoS...Sir....

Let The Mind Games Begin
    ·
  • I am in plan of producing high quality videos for Some in MATHEMATICS OPTIONAL within the week...So stay connected....

Sir .....I am planning for CSE - 2018.....I was little bit confused between Sociology and Mathematics optional....But after this year Mathematics optional mains paper, I really got scared after reading reviews of candidates....They were telling that...This year Mathematics questions paper was too much difficult...It got a mixture of physics and mathematics (of course)......So... Finally I have decided to take sociology optional but not started preparing yet....But I am in dilemma right now....Because on one side.... Sociology has less syllabus and materials are easily available but on another side.... Mathematics is there whose syllabus is huge but high chance of getting 250+ and it will help in IFoS...Sir....

If you have even little doubt or are not comfortable with Maths, then dont take it. It will take a lot of your preparation time. 250+ looks good on marksheet but takes an enormous amount of work without any benefit in GS which we never realise.
    ·
  • McBride said:

I am in plan of producing high quality videos for Some in MATHEMATICS OPTIONAL within the week...So stay connected....

If you have even little doubt or are not comfortable with Maths, then dont take it. It will take a lot of your preparation time. 250+ looks good on marksheet but takes an enormous amount of work without any benefit in GS which we never realise.
    Thnx sir for guidance.....

Let The Mind Games Begin
    ·
  • Mathematics has huge syllabus...But be patient if you have really opted for it...
    ·
  • McBride said:

I am in plan of producing high quality videos for Some in MATHEMATICS OPTIONAL within the week...So stay connected....

Thnx sir for guidance.....

McBride said:

U r right bro...But if you have decided to go for it....Socialogy is also good subject...All the best from my side
    ·
  • McBride said:

Kindly start by uploading solutions to 2016 Optional Paper. Once that is done, kindly give solutions to 2015, 2014 etc. This will be much more useful and will take less effort.

Got your point bro....
    I will release solutions...For 2014-16
    ·
  • McBride said:

Got your point bro....
    I will release solutions...For 2014-16
    But video is for those...Who are just beginning with mathematics....Videos will be supplemented by PDFs too
    ·
  • This video is for decoding tough zones in Mathematics syllabus Paper 2 UPSC CSE MAINS OPTIONAL
    ·
  • Today I will post video for PAPER 1 MATHEMATICS OPTIONAL .....Booklist
    ·
  • McBride said:

+1
    ·
  • I'm an engg graduate pursuing mba.....would statistics be a good optional???
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google