ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

papa wants me to give the 2017 prelim test

I was targetting 2018. started preparing recently. papa wants me to appear this year itself.
if I stick to the forum and follow the preparation methods,can I prepare fully for the 2017 pt
I have got 119 days till 10th june.I reduced almost a week from the total time.

Help please seniors.
·

Comments

• I was targetting 2018. started preparing recently. papa wants me to appear this year itself.
    if I stick to the forum and follow the preparation methods,can I prepare fully for the 2017 pt
    I have got 119 days till 10th june.I reduced almost a week from the total time.

Help please seniors.

Stick to forum? Do it your self bro and see popular books etc. 120 days are enough to clear prelims. It has become tougher since 2015
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • What about the mains? Clearing prelims is not the target.
    ·
  • What about the mains? Clearing prelims is not the target. The 2/3 months after prelims should be used to mostly 'revise' whatever you have already prepared for the mains + optional.

If you have unlimited attempts then you may give the prelims. If not, then even 6 attempts are a lot, but one might want to give the exam while in a job (this time's 3rd rank was 4th attempt). So please think carefully before wasting an attempt out of the 6.

If you are already preparing for the mains as well (including the optional) you should give the prelims.

Ultimately, though, it has to be your decision. Some might also consider giving prelims as a way to get experience about the exam.
    ·
  • the first thing u must do for mains is to complete optionals before pre exams...so that u can concentrate on gs after pre...and revise them after pre..if possible finish gs 1 too..rest are manageable after pre
    ·
  • edited February 11
    sajal89 said:

the first thing u must do for mains is to complete optionals before pre exams...so that u can concentrate on gs after pre...and revise them after pre..if possible finish gs 1 too..rest are manageable after pre

+1..,I did note making part after pre and optional papaer 2 after pre..mainly things were done after pre only
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • What about the mains? Clearing prelims is not the target. The 2/3 months after prelims should be used to mostly 'revise' whatever you have already prepared for the mains + optional.

If you have unlimited attempts then you may give the prelims. If not, then even 6 attempts are a lot, but one might want to give the exam while in a job (this time's 3rd rank was 4th attempt). So please think carefully before wasting an attempt out of the 6.

If you are already preparing for the mains as well (including the optional) you should give the prelims.

Ultimately, though, it has to be your decision. Some might also consider giving prelims as a way to get experience about the exam.

I agree,But U will waste 1 precious year too if u waste this years attempt,If U ask the Guys(Lil older in 30's) in service(I have priviledge of having Good Number friends in service)Age become a crucial factor,since Seniority Is the Prime factor of promotion in service.U will enjoy Ur success even if u qualify let say at 28-29 But after 4-5 Years,u will bogg Down By the number of years left.To verify fact,U can google the batch of all principal secretary like finance,revenue.f=defence etc secretary,they all were youngest in their batch so reached at this place.Dont mere think of selection,if u consider urself the best,u will need some Enthusiasm and motivation after 4-5 year after u join,U will make target U MAY feel frustrated if u come to Know no matter how u work hard U cant reach the top.Think Beyond Selections.
    Sab Timing Ka Khel Hai.
    ·
  • Prepare. Decide on 17th night.
    ·
  • Chaplusi is the no 1 criteria to succeed in civil service.eg pradeep shukla 1980 Batch is suspended while his junior rahul bhatnagar of 1985 batch is chief secretary of up.
    ·
  • Waise mammi ki bat suno papa josh mein aakar bol diye hoge.competition tough aur gen category ke ho toh pre nikalna halwa khane ke samaan bilkul nahi hai.pre ke badd tumhari kismat jayada aur mehnat kam kaam aayegi
    ·
  • Chaplusi is the no 1 criteria to succeed in civil service.eg pradeep shukla 1980 Batch is suspended while his junior rahul bhatnagar of 1985 batch is chief secretary of up.

chaplusi kahan nahi hai baap bhi usi beta se pyar karta hai jo chaplusi karta hai to dusre logo se kya umeed karte ho, private ho ya public bina chaplusi ke hindustan mein jee nahi sakte even phd degree mein bhi chaplusi wale ko hi phd hoti hai jo seena tan ke kada hoga uski kheh ke lengay

“If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.”

·

M not Talking Only About AIS But Also Central services.
    Sab Timing Ka Khel Hai.
    ·
  • @"Aapke Pitaji"
    ·
  • if u starting from scrap then 120 days arent enough to clear prelims even if u clear prelims ur optional and other GS subject wont be at par with expereince and well prepared candidate, so better give in 2018 becuase there is no point wasting one attempt because being general candidate ( assumption) 6 attempts is like 6 life line losing one early in life is not a wise decision when u know you are not confident enough to clear all 3 stages, dont look it like a sprint look this exam like amarathon an early set back will haunt u forever if u didnt make in next 5 attempt.
    When a lady is pregnant, all her friends touch her stomach and " Congrats" . But none of them come and touch the man's phallus and says " Well Done".
    ·
  • dvsd said:

@"Aapke Pitaji"

On a serious note though, it's too early to give up right now. Prepare as if you will be giving this year's attempt. Practice a few tests on the way, and decide towards the end if you want to give the actual paper.
    The reason why I say this is that otherwise you could end up wasting a lot of precious time. We work best under deadlines and pressure.
    ·

M not Talking Only About AIS But Also Central services.
    Har gajah hai yeh problem.central services mai bhi bekar posting ya bina wajah suspend hote hai log
    ·
  • Prepare. Decide on 17th night.

Hold on to this advice. Prepare for 2018 as per your plan. And decide about giving pre a day before only.

This may not allow you to give your best in 2017 but it will keep you on track for 2018 and wont screw your later attempts.

There is too much gyan available here(including this one), so make up your mind quickly and keep studying.
    ·
  • sajal89 said:

the first thing u must do for mains is to complete optionals before pre exams...so that u can concentrate on gs after pre...and revise them after pre..if possible finish gs 1 too..rest are manageable after pre

+1..,I did note making part after pre and optional papaer 2 after pre..mainly things were done after pre only
    according to me after pre one must concentrate mainly on gs and revising optionals.and giving test series.the more one revises and gives test the more confident one grows..well both of us have same optional ..philosophy :smile: strategy may be different for different people..but from my experience I feel its better to complete optional once before pre..and then revise it after pre..but I dedicated 60 days for pre..and completed optionals before it..btw its my opinion...may differ for differnt people :smiley:
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google