"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains Guidance Program 2017 : The Mentor guided Test Series for Civil Services.
Join MGP/MGP+ by ForumIAS - the Mains Test Series with meaningful mentor support. With 16 GS Tests + 5 Essay Tests to cover syllabus worth 1250 marks. Read Testimonials & Strategy by Prajit Nair ( Rak 87 ) & Mittali Sethi ( Rank 56, MGP Student ) or ask Sushil ( Rank 96 ) , who upgraded to IAS with under 100 rank after improvement in GS Scores.
MGP+ commences from July 1 with 16 GS Tests + Additional Essay Tests and classes

Sources to Cover the old Newspapers/news

seniors,help needed.

How to get the old news/newspapers before January 2017.

started reading the newspapers since january .

help
·

Comments

• For Hindu and IE look in their archives.

http://www.thehindu.com/archive/

http://epaper.indianexpress.com/1100342/Indian-Express/February-10,-2017#page/1/1

Or you can head over to sashid thakur and download each month's worth for ~600 odd MB.
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    ·
  • Best option - do them as sylvian suggests.
    Next best - pick up vision vaji or chronicle etc monthly magazines and start praying to God.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • For Hindu and IE look in their archives.

http://www.thehindu.com/archive/

http://epaper.indianexpress.com/1100342/Indian-Express/February-10,-2017#page/1/1

Or you can head over to sashid thakur and download each month's worth for ~600 odd MB.

thank you
    ·
    Next best - pick up vision vaji or chronicle etc monthly magazines and start praying to God.

why "start praying"
    ·

why "start praying"
    Praying for our nikammapan. So that, hopefully, God won't punish us.
    ·
  • edited February 11

Best option - do them as sylvian suggests.

why "start praying"
    Assume you need to read April 2016 onwards. April '16 to Dec '16: 30 days each*9 months. 270 days to cover + editorials+yojana or whatever compilation magazine you are covering as well for dynamic. So Feb to April mein: 270 + current papers. Say you have to cover all of them between Feb 15 to April 30. (270/45) + current = 6 old + 1 new. Per day. That's just reading. Revision baaki hai.

oh man, good luck.
    ·
  • Best is vision march 2013 to 2017 is available donwload

शराफत और ईमानदारी का सर्टिफिकेट यह दुनिया सिर्फ उन्हें देती है जिनके पास दौलत होती है

·

Oooh thanks. I had no idea, these are for free. Can't find jan 2017 onwards.
    ·

Oooh thanks. I had no idea, these are for free. Can't find jan 2017 onwards.
    yeah just search net u will find it

शराफत और ईमानदारी का सर्टिफिकेट यह दुनिया सिर्फ उन्हें देती है जिनके पास दौलत होती है

·

why "start praying"
    Because no matter how well they cover topics, they are bound to miss out something... and UPSC may ask the same. Hence praying.
    ·
  • @Jaime_Lannister May I take a look at your notes? A sample will do, I am trying to reduce my hindu stuff, but its getting out of hand.
    ·
  • @Jaimeannister May I take a look at your notes? A sample will do, I am trying to reduce my hindu stuff, but its getting out of hand.

Bro, try 'Daily Current Affairs' updates from Insights and sinc your notes with them. They segregate the daily events paper wise with detailed analysis. Very helpful. Insights do wonderful representation of Editorials too. This way Hindu won't be burdensome.
    ·
  • @ Jaime_Lannister May I take a look at your notes? A sample will do, I am trying to reduce my hindu stuff, but its getting out of hand.

Last time I made huge notes and in the end they were unrevisable and waste... This time I am following a diametrically opposite approach... PFA one of the note... In an ideal scenario these will be supplimented by some monthly magazine (at least that's the plan)... @sylvian_10

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google