ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Material for Art & Culture

Can someone share what needs to be read for GS Paper 1 - Art and culture topic
I have read Ancient India NCERT & Balyan sir notes
But was not able to attempt Krishnadevaraya question this year i.e. these 2 sources do not cover society , economy part . From where to read it ?

Comments

• Prelims- Nitin Singania or Gktoday Notes

Mains - AL basham or indian culture VP agnihotri( Former LBSNAA director)

शराफत और ईमानदारी का सर्टिफिकेट यह दुनिया सिर्फ उन्हें देती है जिनके पास दौलत होती है

• Can someone share what needs to be read for GS Paper 1 - Art and culture topic
    But was not able to attempt Krishnadevaraya question this year i.e. these 2 sources do not cover society , economy part . From where to read it ?

Art and culture book by Nitin Singhania and prepare ancient and midevl history from TMH general studies paper 1 guide.
  • edited May 21
    gt2015 said:

Art and culture book by Nitin Singhania and prepare ancient and midevl history from TMH general studies paper 1 guide.
    Bro are you sure tmh is sufficient for ancient n medieval?
  • gt2015 said:

Bro as per analysis by mrunal and cross checked by me history portion (ancient and medieval) from TMH general studies guide has highest hit ratio for ancient and medieval history and to considerable extent for culture but downside is that history portion of that book is quite large and language is somewhat difficult so many people don't refer to it.
  • gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

Bro as per analysis by mrunal and cross checked by me history portion (ancient and medieval) from TMH general studies guide has highest hit ratio for ancient and medieval history and to considerable extent for culture but downside is that history portion of that book is quite large and language is somewhat difficult so many people don't refer to it.
    Bro art n culture ka much jugad hai? Can't read nitin simghania...
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

Bro art n culture ka much jugad hai? Can't read nitin simghania...
    Go for GK today booklet (small one) shared by Gaurav Agarawal sir it is shortest possible and easy to cover in less time compilation of art and culture.
  • gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

Thanks bro, are you referring to this book http://www.amazon.in/General-Studies-Manual-Paper-1-2016/dp/9352513568
    And I have 2015 edition in pdf so will that do for me?

• gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

Thanks bro, are you referring to this book http://www.amazon.in/General-Studies-Manual-Paper-1-2016/dp/9352513568

The link you have shared is general studies manual by Arihant publications and I am talking about the general studies manual by TMH. I don't have any idea of Arihant publications general studies manual.

• excellent coverage of indian philosophy from prelims point of view.
  • gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

The link you have shared is general studies manual by Arihant publications and I am talking about the general studies manual by TMH. I don't have any idea of Arihant publications general studies manual.
    Oops I am sorry I meant this book https://www.amazon.in/dp/935260346X/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_92qjzbZD49VCW
    But I have 2015 edition so will that also work na?
  • gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

Oops I am sorry I meant this book https://www.amazon.in/dp/935260346X/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_92qjzbZD49VCW
    Yes this is sufficient. No need to buy latest or new edition 2015 edition and will work fine.
  • Can anyone share medieval history portion of tmh manual ?? Not able to retain medieval ncert
    all i need is You Lord
  • gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

gt2015 said:

Yes this is sufficient. No need to buy latest or new edition 2015 edition and will work fine.
    Ok. Thanks mate.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog