ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Cleared MPPSC 2014 - Alloted Deputy Superintendent of Police

Hello friends, I am Ankit soni... have cleared MPPSC 2014 , Roll no - 283099 ..alloted the Madhya Pradesh police services as DSP.
I have also prepared for upsc with geography as my optional subject..gave mains this year.
I wish to help all my friends who are new to this field about the preparation for upsc and mppsc and about geography optional.

Comments

• awesome and congratulations.
    Barbad forumistaan karne ko to ek hi ullu kaafi tha
    Yahan..har post pe ullu baitha hai anjam-e-forumistan kya hoga
  • Hello friends, I am Ankit soni... have cleared MPPSC 2014 , Roll no - 283099 ..alloted the Madhya Pradesh police services as DSP.
    I have also prepared for upsc with geography as my optional subject..gave mains this year.
    I wish to help all my friends who are new to this field about the preparation for upsc and mppsc and about geography optional.

Bro please share your strategy for geography optional.
  • congratulations sir .
  • Congratulations. Yes, please share some strategy for Geography, especially for paper 2 with examples.
  • Bro, I have done my geography classes from pen drive course of Ajay Raj Singh sir of geographia IAS institute in Rajinder nagar, New Delhi. I found it very useful.. and complete syllabus of geography is covered in the pendrive course. Also, detailed syllabus of Indian geography is covered (paper 2) very well by Ajay raj singh sir.. also his notes are very good ..I referred it as my primary material. You can try it also its recommended. Its for gs and mains optional both.
    In addition, I referred some standard text books for geography like savindra singh of physical geog, P dayal for geomorphology, Sudeepta Adhikari for geographical thoughts, khullar for Indian geog. From these books, I just read only some topics as add ons. Mostly I relied on sir's pen drive lectures and his notes.
    Also, do update from yojana and kurukshetra regularly especially for your geog optional.
    Try to note down case studies from kurukshetra and yojana and use it in your answers of geography and gs too.
  • Is there any difference between his pen drive course and written notes?
  • Supplement your geography answers with diagrams and practice answer writing. Taking a good test series for geography is recommended.
  • Bro, I have done my geography classes from pen drive course of Ajay Raj Singh sir of geographia IAS institute in Rajinder nagar, New Delhi. I found it very useful.. and complete syllabus of geography is covered in the pendrive course. Also, detailed syllabus of Indian geography is covered (paper 2) very well by Ajay raj singh sir.. also his notes are very good ..I referred it as my primary material. You can try it also its recommended. Its for gs and mains optional both.
    In addition, I referred some standard text books for geography like savindra singh of physical geog, P dayal for geomorphology, Sudeepta Adhikari for geographical thoughts, khullar for Indian geog. From these books, I just read only some topics as add ons. Mostly I relied on sir's pen drive lectures and his notes.
    Also, do update from yojana and kurukshetra regularly especially for your geog optional.
    Try to note down case studies from kurukshetra and yojana and use it in your answers of geography and gs too.

Thank you so much.
  • Yes... pendrive course has over 500 lectures.. he explains and teaches everything in his video lectures.
    Written notes r seperately provided by him in printouts.
  • Yes... pendrive course has over 500 lectures.. he explains and teaches everything in his video lectures.

This helps. Thank you again.
  • Congratulations
  • Sir please provide some guidance for gs1-4, essay i.e. do &don't, specifically for mppsc mains 2017 prospective, topoics which are imp ect....., what to cover thoroughly...etc
  • I also took pen drive course from Ajay Raj Singh Sir... After watching his videos I got conceptual clarity... He also provides regular updates in the form of notes and videos... He is very friendly and clears every doubt related to the subject...
  • @soni.ankit16gmail.com Congrats sir. Please give some guidance on how to crack MPPSC prelims exam for outsiders.

Plz share strategy for GS for mains...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog