MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Quantitative Aptitude Suggestions

Hello guys, I checked my score for tier 2 and I got 174 in English and only 100 in Maths section due to which my chances of selection are next to zero. Any suggestions on how to improve maths?

Comments

• Firstly there is no reference which tier 2 are you talking about (i hope its ssc cgl)

Only tip to get better at quantitative aptitude is to practice ,

You must understand the question and should be able to decipher 90% of question while reading

Eg
    A & B save 70% of their income and A's income is half that of B . B invests 30% of his expendature and gives the remaining 4800 rupees to her wife . What is income / saving of A

So while reading the question itself you must be able to formulate the equation
    ( 4800 = 70%(30% of B ) ,
    And you must refine your skills by seeing /attending lectures eg handa ka funda , takhshila etc

And practice previous questions as much u can (and more ;) )
  • Firstly there is no reference which tier 2 are you talking about (i hope its ssc cgl)

You must understand the question and should be able to decipher 90% of question while reading

Eg
    A & B save 70% of their income and A's income is half that of B . B invests 30% of his expendature and gives the remaining 4800 rupees to her wife . What is income / saving of A

And you must refine your skills by seeing /attending lectures eg handa ka funda , takhshila etc

Bro can you suggest some online you tube channels for quantitative aptitude section
  • gt2015 said:

Firstly there is no reference which tier 2 are you talking about (i hope its ssc cgl)

Eg

Bro can you suggest some online you tube channels for quantitative aptitude section
    Yaar sabne thode thode videos upload kiye hain. Fir course join karne bolte hain. Basic clear rahega to quant mei prob nahi aayegi.
    For speed calculation use trachtenberg's book.(search for pdf).
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
  • gt2015 said:

Firstly there is no reference which tier 2 are you talking about (i hope its ssc cgl)

Eg

Yaar sabne thode thode videos upload kiye hain. Fir course join karne bolte hain. Basic clear rahega to quant mei prob nahi aayegi.
    For speed calculation use trachtenberg's book.(search for pdf).
    Thanks bro
  • edited February 10
    gt2015 said:

Eg

https://youtube.com/user/Angusdomini/videos : takshzilla , its free
  • edited February 10
    For SSC CGL , do this

1. FAST TRACK Arithmetoc : Solve this in entirety even if question seems dumb.
    2. M Tyra examples , only , do not see the solutions ,they are complex and the tricks confuse you further, but keep in mind that they need to be done.

3. 7100+ previois year ssc question

4. Rakeh Yadav class notes and book

Do all these and you can score 180+ with ease.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • Hello,
    if you are appearing first time for SSC CGL then first of all clear your basic concepts regarding quantitative aptitude.
    you can start from R.S. Aggarawal to clear out your basic concepts.
    After clearing out your concepts try to solve some mock tests on daily basis.
    Use short tricks for calculative questions.
    use some website which conducts online tests.
  • Online bahut sources available hain.
    1. SSC Gadha chennel on YouTube
    2. StudySmart SSC channel on YouTube
    3. Rakesh Yadav's 6 hours long video on percentage. It's a paid video. He has made available only the first hour for free but people have uploaded the remaining parts on YouTube. Search. Infact , there are links for that video in one single file also. Search.
    4. Previous year papers by Praveen Kumar on Unacademy.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog