Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

IAS prep in Kolkata

if anyone is preparing from kolkata please state how are they preparing. the coaching they joined, study material etc
·

Comments

• Study materials are very hard to find in Kolkata. Even Yojana magazine is elusive. You better order notes/books from flavido or any other mukherjee nagar xerox shops. They normally deliver notes with delivery charges. you can get ncert books from college st at premium prices.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ·
  • I attended coaching in Delhi, but came to Calcutta two months before pre. I explored some of the coaching centres here, but they were nowhere near the standard of the Delhi institutes. Even material is difficult to find.
    I'd suggest you order material from Flavido/use online sources and join an online test series of one of the reputed institutes.
    ·
  • Never join coaching in kolkata. All the coachings are worthless. You hv to do self study in kolkata.
    Tou can get ncert from the ncert depot in sodepur. The address is printed in every ncert book.
    You can get notes from bharat or kumar book store. If you want their number, message me.
    ·
  • feluda, give me sodepur address and number
    and is there any whatsapp group,please add me
    ·
  • open any ncert book or pdf. in first or second page the depot addresses of all the ncert offices are there. you can find it from there.

i dont know any group.
    ·
  • Business Manager
    RPDC, NCERT
    CWC Campus (1st Floor)
    Kishori Mohan Banerjee Road
    Opp : Dhankal Bus Stop
    P.O. Panihati,Kolkata 700 114
    Phone : 033-25530454
    email : bm-kol.ncert@nic.in
    ·
  • edited February 12

Just copy paste this link on YouTube or simply type WAY2IAS to access all the videos
    You can subscribe to this channel prepared by aspirants who have cleared mains.It will provide you with how to prepare and what to read for UPSC exams without coaching.
    ·
  • Join VINSON IAS in Kolkata for UPSC and WBSC the faculty and study material provided by them are one of the best. The institute has a very motivating classroom enviroment it is every and student friendly :)
    ·
  • Is anyone here aware of a Study Room/Library, similar to the ones they have in Delhi? Basically a dedicated place where one can sit and study without distractions. Do let me know.
    ·
  • aps08 said:

Is anyone here aware of a Study Room/Library, similar to the ones they have in Delhi? Basically a dedicated place where one can sit and study without distractions. Do let me know.

IN which area you are staying in Kolkata
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog