[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Sanskrit Optional - collaborative study - English medium - 2017 Mains - 2 cents of other aspirants

Hi friends. I have studied Sanskrit as a language in class 9,10 (CBSE). I've decided to take up Sanskrit as my optional subject in 2017 Mains and will be undertaking personal coaching from a Delhi University faculty. I'd like to know if anyone would like to collaborate in this endeavor (max 2 people). I'm based out in Delhi.

And more importantly can anyone throw some light on how many aspirants have been taking mains with Sanskrit optional in the past few years. And how has it been faring?
I believe the paper pattern has been the same for the past few years. Is this trend set to continue or it's Sanskrit is an unpredictable optional (scoring wise) as compared to Humanities ones?
·

Comments

• Hi! Sorry for digressing, but the title of the thread made me curious. How can we study sanskrit optional in English medium?

With that said, I wish you luck. :)

Cheers!
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • Hi! Sorry for digressing, but the title of the thread made me curious. How can we study sanskrit optional in English medium?

With that said, I wish you luck. :)

Cheers!

Answers to questions in Sanskrit can be written in a medium of your choice - in my case English. I am referring to that.

·
  • Hey Bro i also want to choose Sanskrit as optional, but i forget Sanskrit Grammar , i understand the meaning of word but able to relate with tenses, can u suggest me any one who teach me from basics to all... m also like to choose Sanskrit with english..
    ·
  • You will need to write in sanskrit only in some parts
    ·
  • Bhai logo...... I'm also taking sanskrit optional..... It is very scoring subject nd a new aspirant without sanskrit background can easily score 280s within 3months only......
    ·
  • TPSI said:

Bhai logo...... I'm also taking sanskrit optional..... It is very scoring subject nd a new aspirant without sanskrit background can easily score 280s within 3months only......

Really..??
    Who told you that..??
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    ·
  • Govind19 said:

Hey Bro i also want to choose Sanskrit as optional, but i forget Sanskrit Grammar , i understand the meaning of word but able to relate with tenses, can u suggest me any one who teach me from basics to all... m also like to choose Sanskrit with english..

Get "rachnaanuvaad kaumudi" by kapildev dwivedi to learn the grammar part..
    60 exercises...
    By the 10th exercise, you will get to know whether u want to continue with sanskrit or not..
    Give it 10 days..
    AIR-128. CSE-2016.
    ·
  • TPSI said:

Bhai logo...... I'm also taking sanskrit optional..... It is very scoring subject nd a new aspirant without sanskrit background can easily score 280s within 3months only......

Bhai first start the subject then estimate the toughness or easiness. Don't spread things like this. B)
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog