43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Taking Sanyas from UPSC for Good - Please Advise

I'm on my last shot. I have age but I finished the rest of my shots. I don't want to waste more years of my life. But I cannot let go of this final shot. It's stopping me from starting my own business and my reluctance to continue means that I cannot study one bit either. Is there anyone in a similar situation? Help me move on!!
Dead and departed player. RIP.
·

Comments

• I'm on my last shot. I have age but I finished the rest of my shots. I don't want to waste more years of my life. But I cannot let go of this final shot. It's stopping me from starting my own business and my reluctance to continue means that I cannot study one bit either. Is there anyone in a similar situation? Help me move on!!

Bhai honest advice doon - Bhasad hai UPSC ka bahot.
    Gar desh ke liye thaani thin to koi gal mat rakhna dil me, aur bhi tareeken hai society aur desh seva ke, zyada samay beetaoge to prime age nikal jayega life bhi jeene ka.
    Gar career ke liye thani thi, to loss to hui hai, par samay bahot barbaad kar diya hai, ek attempt bachcha kar rakh sakte ho last shot ke liye, kabhi kabhi Steve Jobs type nirvana mil jata hai gap me.
    Agar paise aur ghuskhori ke liye thani thi, to phir lanat hai bc tumpar. Uske aur bhi tareeke hain. :mrgreen:
    Main bhi aapki tarah similar situation me hoon.
    Mujhe bhi koi samjhao. :neutral: :mrgreen:
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ·
  • its very simple...
    go for a long trip...leave internet aside...forget smart phone....stay disconnected for a week or two from the outside world...you will come to peace with yourself...and know what you really wanna do...
    since you are experienced you would definitely be able to pass in pre at short notice....but before u do that clarity in mind is very essential..
    so my suggestion is for you to go on a vacation...short one...make a plan and move ahead with life...

its your journey and yours alone... B)
    goodbye forumIAS
    ·
  • My final shot @ 2017 sanyas thereafter.. B) ..age 24..
    ·
  • Lolwut! Firse roita?
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • Thank you.
    ·
  • Lolwut! Firse roita?

Nahi. Practicality. Abhi dukan chalu karna hi padega. Baad me license prices badh sakte hain.
    ·
  • Lolwut! Firse roita?

Nahi. Practicality. Abhi dukan chalu karna hi padega. Baad me license prices badh sakte hain.
    @DepartedMisanthrope
    Rise and shine.
    6am and your hand can't make it to the alarm clock before the voices in your head start telling you that its too early, too dark and too cold to get out of bed. Aching muscles lie still in rebellion pretending not to hear your brain commanding them to move. A legion of voices are shouting their unanimous permision for you to hit that snooze button and go back to dreamland. But you didn't ask for their oppinion. The voice you hace chosen to listen to is one of defiance. The voice that says there was a reason you set that alarm in the first place. So sit up, put your feet on the floor and dont look back because we've got work to do.
    Welcome to the grind.
    For what is each day but a series of conflicts between the right way and the easy way. 10000 streams fan out like a river delta before you, each one promising the path of least resistence. Thing is, you're heading upstream, and when you make that choice, when you decide to turn your back on what's confortable and safe and what someone called common sense, well thats day one. From there it only gets tougher, so just make sure this is something you want because the easy way out will always be there, ready to wash you away, all you have to do is pick up your feet.
    But you aren't going to, are you? With each step comes the decision to take another. You are on your way now, but this is no time to do well on how far you've come. You are on a fight against and opponent you cant see but oh you can feel among your heels cant you? feel him breathing down your neck. You know what that is? Thats you. Your fears, your doubts and insecurities, all ganged up like a fireing squad ready to shoot you out of the sky. But dont lose heart, while they are not easely defeated they are far from invincible. Remember, this is the grind, a battle royale between you and your mind your body and the devil on your shoulders telling you this is just a game, this is just a waste of time, your opponents are stronger than you. Drown out the voice of uncertainty with the sound of your own heartbeat, burn away yourself down with the fire deep beneath you. Remember what we are fighting for and never forget that momentum is a cruel mistress, she can turn on a dime with the smallest mistake, she is ever searching for the weak place in your armor, that one tiny thing you forgot to prepare for. So as long as the demon is hiding the details the question remains: Is that all you got? Are you sure? And when the awnser is yes. When you have done all you can to prepare yourself for battle. Then it's time to go forth and bravely face the enemy, and the enemy within. Only now you must take that fight into the open, into hostile territory. You are a lion in a field of lions, all humming the same elusive pray with the desperate starvation that sais victory is the only thing that can keep you alive. So believe that voice that says that you can run a little faster and you can throw a little harder, that for you, the laws of physics are merely a suggestion.
    Luck is the las dying wish of those who wanna believe that winning can happen by accident. Sweat on the other hand is for the ones who know its a choice. So decide now, because destiny waits for no man. So when the time comes and a thousand different voices are trying to tell you: you are not ready for it, listen instead to that lone voice of discent, one that sais you are ready, you are prepared, its all up to you know,
    so rise and shine.
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • Wow @dragonborn
    Motivating it is
    He is out there holding your hand...
    ·
  • Lolwut! Firse roita?

@DepartedMisanthrope
    Rise and shine.
    6am and your hand can't make it to the alarm clock before the voices in your head start telling you that its too early, too dark and too cold to get out of bed. Aching muscles lie still in rebellion pretending not to hear your brain commanding them to move. A legion of voices are shouting their unanimous permision for you to hit that snooze button and go back to dreamland. But you didn't ask for their oppinion. The voice you hace chosen to listen to is one of defiance. The voice that says there was a reason you set that alarm in the first place. So sit up, put your feet on the floor and dont look back because we've got work to do.
    Welcome to the grind.
    For what is each day but a series of conflicts between the right way and the easy way. 10000 streams fan out like a river delta before you, each one promising the path of least resistence. Thing is, you're heading upstream, and when you make that choice, when you decide to turn your back on what's confortable and safe and what someone called common sense, well thats day one. From there it only gets tougher, so just make sure this is something you want because the easy way out will always be there, ready to wash you away, all you have to do is pick up your feet.
    But you aren't going to, are you? With each step comes the decision to take another. You are on your way now, but this is no time to do well on how far you've come. You are on a fight against and opponent you cant see but oh you can feel among your heels cant you? feel him breathing down your neck. You know what that is? Thats you. Your fears, your doubts and insecurities, all ganged up like a fireing squad ready to shoot you out of the sky. But dont lose heart, while they are not easely defeated they are far from invincible. Remember, this is the grind, a battle royale between you and your mind your body and the devil on your shoulders telling you this is just a game, this is just a waste of time, your opponents are stronger than you. Drown out the voice of uncertainty with the sound of your own heartbeat, burn away yourself down with the fire deep beneath you. Remember what we are fighting for and never forget that momentum is a cruel mistress, she can turn on a dime with the smallest mistake, she is ever searching for the weak place in your armor, that one tiny thing you forgot to prepare for. So as long as the demon is hiding the details the question remains: Is that all you got? Are you sure? And when the awnser is yes. When you have done all you can to prepare yourself for battle. Then it's time to go forth and bravely face the enemy, and the enemy within. Only now you must take that fight into the open, into hostile territory. You are a lion in a field of lions, all humming the same elusive pray with the desperate starvation that sais victory is the only thing that can keep you alive. So believe that voice that says that you can run a little faster and you can throw a little harder, that for you, the laws of physics are merely a suggestion.
    Luck is the las dying wish of those who wanna believe that winning can happen by accident. Sweat on the other hand is for the ones who know its a choice. So decide now, because destiny waits for no man. So when the time comes and a thousand different voices are trying to tell you: you are not ready for it, listen instead to that lone voice of discent, one that sais you are ready, you are prepared, its all up to you know,
    so rise and shine.
    Oh yeah...
    ·
  • Dead and departed player. RIP.
    ·
  • @dragonborn awesome
    all i need is You Lord
    ·
  • @dragonborn kitta padh lie be, aage hi nikal gaye <3
    ·
  • @dragonborn bhai thanks for sharing :blush:
    mitroo search for tcu baseball the grind for similar videos
    प्रबिसि नगर कीजे सब काजा।ह्रदयँ राखि कोसलपुर राजा॥
    गरल सुधा रिपु करहिं मिताई।गोपद सिंधु अनल सितलाई॥
    ·
  • Just awesome! thanks
    ·
  • I'm on my last shot. I have age but I finished the rest of my shots. I don't want to waste more years of my life. But I cannot let go of this final shot. It's stopping me from starting my own business and my reluctance to continue means that I cannot study one bit either. Is there anyone in a similar situation? Help me move on!!

bhai if you get selected, then that's awesome
    And if you get the opportunity to do business, then all the best. At the position where India currently is, India needs job creators and business is the best way to do that. Even a shopkeeper creates atleast 2 jobs (one for himself and another for his helper) as compared to a person who gets selected in UPSC, who actually reduces 1 job for others. So yes, you may not get 'bragging rights' with your business as you would get with a selection in UPSC, but at this moment, getting into a business will be pareto efficient (i.e., creating benefits without causing any loss)
    Barbad forumistaan karne ko to ek hi ullu kaafi tha
    Yahan..har post pe ullu baitha hai anjam-e-forumistan kya hoga
    ·

And if you get the opportunity to do business, then all the best. At the position where India currently is, India needs job creators and business is the best way to do that. Even a shopkeeper creates atleast 2 jobs (one for himself and another for his helper) as compared to a person who gets selected in UPSC, who actually reduces 1 job for others. So yes, you may not get 'bragging rights' with your business as you would get with a selection in UPSC, but at this moment, getting into a business will be pareto efficient (i.e., creating benefits without causing any loss)
    Vilfredo does know how to make a point. :)
    ·

Vilfredo does know how to make a point. :)
    Sharma ji ko lawyer banna tha imo
    Kahar dha dete ekdum B)
    Char paanch employment to yun generate hota, ek apprentice to main hi ban jata B)
    Banda bahot aage jayega. B)
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ·

i faced the same dilema.
    but pre is just months away and also mains iss baar oct mein hai.
    coz oct tak apni zindagi ki best padhai kar lo..
    nahi hua toh yeh questions pe ponder karna.
    itna toh khoo hee chuke hai hum sab.
    ab bacha hee kya hai..
    10 months mein hamari life waise bhi undo nhi hone wali.
    soo give your best attempt iss baar.
    2017 will be my last Aswel, 25 already.
    best of luck..brother.
    ·
  • :blush:
    ·
  • you guys are really awesome...at 24 or 25 you are thinking giving last attempt and planning for something else...i really appreciate your efforts..thinking and decisiveness..
    i am 34 and still writing pcs exams..gave 5 upsc attempts..didnt qualify..now focusing on uppcs..ukpsc..ras etc.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google