MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening) & 29th June (Morning) ; Registration open
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website :- www.mitrasias.com

SERIOUS THREAD- LET'S SPEAK IT OUT

All the big talks of toppers and coachingwallas but real truth remains that in any case 99.9% of candidates WOULD NOT clear this examination. So you can guess the scenario of competition. We missed the good opportunities in life for this examination. Many new college graduates will take same path. Is it our duty to tell them harsh truth?? or let them dwell too, in fool's paradise?
God is great.
·

Comments

• edited February 4
    ^^

Every 4 minutes a road accident occurs in India and every 15 minutes a person dies in such an accident.
    This is the figure from official data. Recent research by IIT Delhi revealed that this data is grossly underestimated by a factor of 20. So, perhaps one accident occurs every 12 seconds!!

Do we stop driving automobiles by knowing this 'harsh truth'? Should we?

What we do is, we invest in road infrastructure and other ancillary factors related to roads and improve driving experience to reduce accidents.

Similarly, telling this 'harsh truth' to aspirants and scaring/demoralizing them right at outset Isn't going to solve anything. What we need to do is reform the selection ecosystem by various reforms.

I'll list out some reforms for you:
    - For starters, increase the age limit of UR category to 35 and unlimited attempts.
    - Providing benefit of reservation on ANY ONE stage of exam. If a person qualifies prelims in reserved category, she should be considered as reserved throughout. This has sanction of Supreme Court and is followed in all other recruitments in centre and states. But somehow UPSC misses out on it.
    - Merging various administrative exams under a single recruitment procedure so that those who couldn't perform on the D Day due to luck factor don't go out barehanded and slug out for another exam. They at least get something. We can easily merge SSC, APFC, LS/RS Assistant etc. exams with UPSC.

Such, practical measures will be more helpful than scaring people off.
    CSM 2015 | CSE Interview 2016 | Expecting*
    ·
  • JohnPaul said:

All the big talks of toppers and coachingwallas but real truth remains that in any case 99.9% of candidates WOULD NOT clear this examination. So you can guess the scenario of competition. We missed the good opportunities in life for this examination. Many new college graduates will take same path. Is it our duty to tell them harsh truth?? or let them dwell too, in fool's paradise?

Le yaar thodi positivity wali dose, ye rona dhona ladai jhagda forum pe thoda bad gaya hai, me balance karta hun :mrgreen:
    Nahi dekhi hai, to please watch the complete video
    Dekhi hai, to phir bhi watch again
    You will feel better :smiley:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ·
  • JohnPaul said:

Two major reason for this sad state of affairs
    (1) status (Obsession) that our society have towards the government jobs. These jobs are highly glorified in many aspects of our society like guy with the government job always gets preference over guy in private sector while fixing the marriages even if guy with private jobs has better salary than government job guy.
    (2) It's a failure of the government not create enough and good private sector jobs for the youth. It's important to have large number of lucrative private sector jobs for the youth so that they don't waste time in preparation for the competitive exams.
    Preparing for competitive examination should be self motivated decision and not the compulsion born out of some external factors like lack of good jobs in private sector.
    ·
  • ^^

Every 4 minutes a road accident occurs in India and every 15 minutes a person dies in such an accident.
    This is the figure from official data. Recent research by IIT Delhi revealed that this data is grossly underestimated by a factor of 20. So, perhaps one accident occurs every 12 seconds!!

What we do is, we invest in road infrastructure and other ancillary factors related to roads and improve driving experience to reduce accidents.

Similarly, telling this 'harsh truth' to aspirants and scaring/demoralizing them right at outset Isn't going to solve anything. What we need to do is reform the selection ecosystem by various reforms.

- For starters, increase the age limit of UR category to 35 and unlimited attempts.
    - Providing benefit of reservation on ANY ONE stage of exam. If a person qualifies prelims in reserved category, she should be considered as reserved throughout. This has sanction of Supreme Court and is followed in all other recruitments in centre and states. But somehow UPSC misses out on it.
    - Merging various administrative exams under a single recruitment procedure so that those who couldn't perform on the D Day due to luck factor don't go out barehanded and slug out for another exam. They at least get something. We can easily merge SSC, APFC, LS/RS Assistant etc. exams with UPSC.

:+1: :+1:
    कभी किसी को मुकम्मल जहाँ नहीं मिलता..
    कहीं ज़मीं तो कहीं आसमां नहीं मिलता.....

·
  • ^^

+1

Eloquently put. Completely agree.
    ·
  • edited February 4
    gt2015 said:

(1) status (Obsession) that our society have towards the government jobs. These jobs are highly glorified in many aspects of our society like guy with the government job always gets preference over guy in private sector while fixing the marriages even if guy with private jobs has better salary than government job guy.
    (2) It's a failure of the government not create enough and good private sector jobs for the youth. It's important to have large number of lucrative private sector jobs for the youth so that they don't waste time in preparation for the competitive exams.
    Preparing for competitive examination should be self motivated decision and not the compulsion born out of some external factors like lack of good jobs in private sector.

I wud slightly differ with you on point 1.

It's there in all societies. Working for government is highly respected all over the world.

Even in US, the torch-bearer of neo-liberalism, recruitment for FBI, IRS and State Department sees some of the finest talent from Ivy League slug it out. Most brilliant profs would prefer to work at Los Alamos or NASA rather than private universities. So, it's not only India.

Rest of ur argument is on the point.
    ·
  • akkib89 said:

Le yaar thodi positivity wali dose, ye rona dhona ladai jhagda forum pe thoda bad gaya hai, me balance karta hun :mrgreen:

Kya, Akki bhai, Constitutional debates khatm ho gayi kya :mrgreen:

This is a sign that ForumIAS is coming of age as a platform. It's good.
    Shuru me Facebook was just for social networking. Now, it has everything from fake news, breakups to political propaganda and activism for noble causes.
    Apnaa Forum bhi aspirant community ka Facebook ban raha hai. Rona, dhona, frustration nikaalna, gaali-galoch sab diversity hai o:)

Bookmarked ur video in #gyan folder on YT. Will see it later surely. :blush:
    ·
  • edited February 4

gt2015 said:

I wud slightly differ with you on point 1.

It's there in all societies. Working for government is highly respected all over the world.

Even in US, the torch-bearer of neo-liberalism, recruitment for FBI, IRS and State Department sees some of the finest talent from Ivy League slug it out. Most brilliant profs would prefer to work at Los Alamos or NASA rather than private universities. So, it's not only India.

Rest of ur argument is on the point.
    This logic is flawed. Los Alamos and nasa is akin to drdo and isro. These are scientific/technical jobs, hence people with such backgrounds would get attracted to these institutions irrespective of nationality. Also in the us, they have lateral entries into the government sector. The pvt sector is way more attractive in the US as compared to India specifically due to the feudal character of civil services still prevalent in india.

Profs in the us are much better paid, and are way more respected compared to their Indian counterparts.
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • *govt sector attractive in india and pvt sector in the us as in india, the feudal mindset is still prevalent and in the us, pvt sector is way more liberal and pays better.
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
    ·
  • Height of Obsession with government jobs is when peon in government office is preferred over jobless engineer in marriage market and PhD student and post graduate students standing in que to fill out the form for the post of peon in government office. ( it's not a exaggeration but the reality )
    ·

• This logic is flawed. Los Alamos and nasa is akin to drdo and isro. These are scientific/technical jobs, hence people with such backgrounds would get attracted to these institutions irrespective of nationality. Also in the us, they have lateral entries into the government sector. The pvt sector is way more attractive in the US as compared to India specifically due to the feudal character of civil services still prevalent in india.

Profs in the us are much better paid, and are way more respected compared to their Indian counterparts.

*govt sector attractive in india and pvt sector in the us as in india, the feudal mindset is still prevalent and in the us, pvt sector is way more liberal and pays better.

Bhai your argument is based on perception. What I wrote is from experience.

State jobs are highly respected all over the world. From Japan to US. In US talented profs prefer State assignments in NOAA, USDA, NASA, State department etc. in private universities profs get tenures of few years only which has to be renewed over and over again.
    And Afro-Americans in US almost invariably opt for State jobs only as the get reservation in govt. jobs.

You are perhaps calling Indian setup as 'feudal' due to pressure of CSE prep. It's a natural psychological defence mechanism which is kicking in. This will change once you get in.

But for paucity of time, I wish I could elaborate more exact points to you in this regard.
    ·
  • edited February 4
    gt2015 said:

PhD student and post graduate students standing in que to fill out the form for the post of peon in government office. ( it's not a exaggeration but the reality )

I completely agree with this example.
    I personally know IIT/NIT/NSIT graduates are working in SSC jobs.
    ·
  • gt2015 said:

PhD student and post graduate students standing in que to fill out the form for the post of peon in government office. ( it's not a exaggeration but the reality )

Hardly 1% bhi nahi honge imo :mrgreen:
    At least recent years ke passouts to nahin hi honge
    Aur kuch jo kar rahe honge unki ya to CGPA bhasad gayi hogi ya unhone conscious decision lee hogi taki kisi aur job ki preparation kar sakein B)
    ·
  • Congress ke jamaane me private sector ki badi craze thi. Everybody wanted to be software engineer, MBA, work abroad etc.
    God is great.
    ·
  • akkib89 said:

Kya, Akki bhai, Constitutional debates khatm ho gayi kya :mrgreen:

This is a sign that ForumIAS is coming of age as a platform. It's good.
    Shuru me Facebook was just for social networking. Now, it has everything from fake news, breakups to political propaganda and activism for noble causes.
    Apnaa Forum bhi aspirant community ka Facebook ban raha hai. Rona, dhona, frustration nikaalna, gaali-galoch sab diversity hai o:)

Bookmarked ur video in #gyan folder on YT. Will see it later surely. :blush:
    Debates chal rahein hain sir, public domain se private domain me shift ho gayen hain bas :mrgreen:

Haan, I agree to what you say, bas thoda personal ho jate hain aspirants, jawani ka josh hai sahi bhi hai....
    Overall badiya forum ubhar kar aaya hai ye IAS aspirants ke liye undoubtedly

Bookmark kar lee! , hehe, chalo dekh hi lena yaar :#

TC
    ·
  • akkib89 said:

Hardly 1% bhi nahi honge imo :mrgreen:
    At least recent years ke passouts to nahin hi honge
    Aur kuch jo kar rahe honge unki ya to CGPA bhasad gayi hogi ya unhone conscious decision lee hogi taki kisi aur job ki preparation kar sakein B)

True.
    ·
  • gt2015 said:

This is harsh reality of India
    God is great.
    ·
  • edited February 4
    JohnPaul said:

Congress ke jamaane me private sector ki badi craze thi. Everybody wanted to be software engineer, MBA, work abroad etc.

Dotcom crash ke baad jo pant utri na sab software engineeron ki kya batayoon, sab job khoja karte the India wapis aakar. Hahaha.
    Abroad to log isliye darte hain ki PR card ke liye ajkal shaddi - divorce ka khel khela ja rahen hai bahut wahan par....Haha...Kaun byahega apni beti ko NRI se (unless purani jaan pehchan na ho)...Hahaha
    Upar se Pay commission ne bhi hila diya hai sari Pvt companies ko.. Haha.
    #GovtJobIsTheBest
    Angoor milen na milen par hain to meethe hi, reservation wala khel bas destroy kar rha hai isko
    ·
  • Everybody knows the truth. No body is so naive that he/she is unaware of the fact that the number of applicants is much larger than number of vacancies, as is the case with all exams. Everybody knows they might not get to see the light at the end of the tunnel but keep saying to themselves - let it not be me.

This is for all of us who tried: Manzil to mil hi jayegi, Bhatak kar ke hi sahi. Gumrah to wo hain, Jo ghar se nikle hi nahin.
    2013-Failed Pre by 7 marks
    2014-Failed Pre by 1 marks
    2015-Failed Mains by 25 marks
    2016-Failed Pre
    2017-Final Battle
    ·
  • edited February 4
    akkib89 said:

Dotcom crash ke baad jo pant utri na sab software engineeron ki kya batayoon, sab job khoja karte the India wapis aakar. Hahaha.
    Abroad to log isliye darte hain ki PR card ke liye ajkal shaddi - divorce ka khel khela ja rahen hai bahut wahan par....Haha...Kaun byahega apni beti ko NRI se (unless purani jaan pehchan na ho)...Hahaha
    Upar se Pay commission ne bhi hila diya hai sari Pvt companies ko.. Haha.
    #GovtJobIsTheBest
    Angoor milen na milen par hain to meethe hi, reservation wala khel bas destroy kar rha hai isko

Aap to kaam ke bande ho yaar. IITian urself, if I'm not wrong. Am I ?

Lagtaa hai maine galat bande par haath daal diya tha pehle din wo Constitutional legitimacy waale thread pe. :mrgreen:
    Shit...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google