43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Please describe in detail the REVISION process you all follow..

Dear seniors,
I generally used to follow the technique of sparing 1 day in a week for revision (for my graduation exam)

Similarly everyone would be having their own process.

Please share them so that I can get useful things from it.

I want to know your revision strategy for the Civil service exam
·

Comments

• Chalo yaar kheechte kheechte yahan tak aa gaye - 270 comments dedicated to bakaity
    Let the last one be a useful one -

I am preparing a very simple flow chart here - decipher it accordingly:

1-2 hours allocated for revision daily
    Subject matter >> denotes static as well dynamic portions of the syllabus

Phase 1 - General reading of the subject matter - Zero references from anywhere - noting down the prevalent doubts
    Phase 2 - Keyword identification - mind map charting - clarification of doubts and references from the internet to supplement core matter
    Phase 3 - Crisp and concise short notes preparation on the complete matter - filing of notes + mind maps according to the syllabus (similar to what insightsonindia does)
    Phase 4 - At the end of compeletion of the subject matter - 1st revision there and then only
    Phase 5 - References to model questions and previous year's questions - Before picking and solving any question a thorough reading of the relevant self-preaared content - 2nd revision
    Phase 6 - Before attempting any prelims or mains test series at least 1 day dedicated entirely to cover the allocated syllabus from notes (might include multiple chapters of GSI/GSII/GSIII/GSIV + CA) - 3rd revision
    Phase 7 - Before the exams - 4th revision (1 month at least - topic by topic)

Phases 4-6 retiterate indefinitely until exams - depends upon the grasp on the subject matter and its purported relavance for the upcoming exam;
    Phase 3 - Continues till sufficient fodder collected and compiled; might be spaced out if the issues are still in development (they generally are)
    Phase 7 - Meticulously planned well in advance upto the day of exams - the most crucial phase

Things to note - Revisons sometimes becomes very repetitive or sometimes too spaced out - callibrations done weekly to get a hold of portions that are either being ignored or being over-emphasized

# Strictly personal B)

TC...
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ·
  • thank you sir.
    ·
  • Only one golden rule: Revise via question solving not by reading or byhearting.Rest use whatever method.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google