"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.

Please describe in detail the REVISION process you all follow..

Dear seniors,
I generally used to follow the technique of sparing 1 day in a week for revision (for my graduation exam)

Similarly everyone would be having their own process.

Please share them so that I can get useful things from it.

I want to know your revision strategy for the Civil service exam
·

Comments

• Chalo yaar kheechte kheechte yahan tak aa gaye - 270 comments dedicated to bakaity
    Let the last one be a useful one -

I am preparing a very simple flow chart here - decipher it accordingly:

1-2 hours allocated for revision daily
    Subject matter >> denotes static as well dynamic portions of the syllabus

Phase 1 - General reading of the subject matter - Zero references from anywhere - noting down the prevalent doubts
    Phase 2 - Keyword identification - mind map charting - clarification of doubts and references from the internet to supplement core matter
    Phase 3 - Crisp and concise short notes preparation on the complete matter - filing of notes + mind maps according to the syllabus (similar to what insightsonindia does)
    Phase 4 - At the end of compeletion of the subject matter - 1st revision there and then only
    Phase 5 - References to model questions and previous year's questions - Before picking and solving any question a thorough reading of the relevant self-preaared content - 2nd revision
    Phase 6 - Before attempting any prelims or mains test series at least 1 day dedicated entirely to cover the allocated syllabus from notes (might include multiple chapters of GSI/GSII/GSIII/GSIV + CA) - 3rd revision
    Phase 7 - Before the exams - 4th revision (1 month at least - topic by topic)

Phases 4-6 retiterate indefinitely until exams - depends upon the grasp on the subject matter and its purported relavance for the upcoming exam;
    Phase 3 - Continues till sufficient fodder collected and compiled; might be spaced out if the issues are still in development (they generally are)
    Phase 7 - Meticulously planned well in advance upto the day of exams - the most crucial phase

Things to note - Revisons sometimes becomes very repetitive or sometimes too spaced out - callibrations done weekly to get a hold of portions that are either being ignored or being over-emphasized

# Strictly personal B)

TC...
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ·
  • thank you sir.
    ·
  • Only one golden rule: Revise via question solving not by reading or byhearting.Rest use whatever method.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google