Secure 35+ Questions in Prelims 2017

Dr. Ravi Agrahari's General Science & Tech, Environment & Ecology Module to cover atleast 35+ Questions in Prelims 2017. Start Date : 22nd March. Call : 9555923039 Click to watch Orientation Lecture.

Interview preparation for civil engineers

Hi civil engineers.
Let us coordinate for interview preparation, irrespective of the fact whether our optional is civil engineering or not.
Friends who have earlier appeared for the interview, kindly guide regarding the questions which can be asked from civil engineering.
Materials helpful in preparation can also be shared.
·

Comments

• Kindly come friends and share your experience.
    ·
  • @Geheimnisse @hope16 and all civil engineers are invited
    ·
  • Is no one willing to join and carry the thread forward?
    ·
  • @harry90 Thanks for starting the thread.Relax, people may join slowly.I think you should put this thread under "Interview preparation".

I am thinking to buy a book on ESE interview preparation by Made Easy.Didn't find it on the internet though.If you get it, do tell me.

The other alternative can be not preparing at all for the Civil engineering and tell the board that "I can't recall the correct answer as I haven't been in touch with the subject recently".However, this may backfire.What say?

·
  • @satya255, thanks bhai for your inputs. I think that atleast we should have an idea of construction basics.
    Going completely blank may not be a good idea.
    I don't have access to the document you are talking about.
    If i get something, I will surely tell you.
    ·
  • satya255 said:

@harry90 Thanks for starting the thread.Relax, people may join slowly.I think you should put this thread under "Interview preparation".

I am thinking to buy a book on ESE interview preparation by Made Easy.Didn't find it on the internet though.If you get it, do tell me.

The other alternative can be not preparing at all for the Civil engineering and tell the board that "I can't recall the correct answer as I haven't been in touch with the subject recently".However, this may backfire.What say?

It backfired me heavily in APFC interview last year. It was Chattar singh board and even after my genuine aplogies like Sir i cant recall
    the correct answer as i haven't been in touch since my graduation done in 2011. But he was way more stubborn and keep on repeating civil engineering questions from start to end the of the interview and completely destroyed my chances of getting selected.

:(
    ·
  • Revise basic civil engineering subjects ....Specially about roads, dams, basic BMD and shear force diagrams, load transfer in buildings, foundations, basic of building materials, renovation of historical sites, basics of canals and a glance of IS 456...
    Do go through interview transcripts of civil engg aspirants
    Live, love and Enjoy
    ·
  • @madinlove thanks so much ... can you suggest any resources (books/ vides) @harry90 i am with civil engineering background and just realised that some boards have been constantly asking only civil engineering questions.. its time we collaborate
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google