43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Time for tablet.. Learn on the go [Byju's Classes]

hi friends,

i just came to know about byjus classes in hyderabad.
well i want to take their tablet which contains all the video lectures of gs (p+m)....
i saw them and wanted to have it .... but, the cost is 40 k incl. the tablet which is 18 k..
i want to know is it worth ... and
if possible i will buy...and what i ask is for some members who can contribute and share it ... but essentially it is a hack proof ...so can't take anything from it ..
but that be tested once it is bought...
so if any one willing to take it along with me please comment..
or if anyone has already bought please post ur coments
thank you :)

“The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart, this you will build your life by, and this you will become.” --James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
Ghandi Nehru ,etc have just selfless service in common.
Be selfless if u can afford loosing it!!
·

Comments

• First of all, there is no such thing as '"hack-proof", anyone with an internet connection can figure out how to extract the videos from their tablet.

Secondly, it is not ideal to go after a gimmick like video-lectures on tablets for INR 18,000. You can learn much more effectively by reading a book for an hour than a watching a one-hour lecture. The biggest benefit of coaching is the doubt clearance which some people need, but watching a video does not help with that.
    ·
  • thanx stardust...
    my opinion on audio lectures is like secondary only....
    i always go with class room teachings...
    i only wanted to revise topics i missed ...

i already seen the tablet ... they say it can't be "altered" n used for any other purpose other than just watching videos ... if it was so easy to get the extracted DATA from the tablet it would alredy been on NET by now ..

so i again request any one want to join me in ...:)

'Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”--Helen Keller'
    ·
  • i got a pm from vinay for joning ...
    any one else interested we can combinly join
    ·
  • hi,
    i too want to know the details.the spec etc.
    ·
  • if it is video lecture just keep a camera in front of it and record........:P
    ·
  • Dear friends,
    Is it not possible to contribute money from the members to take the BYJUS TABLET and record it as its contents cannot be transferred and can be viewed maximum 3 times. After recording then we can upload so that all members can utilise it. I kindly request some members to come forward to contribute and do this thing. waiting for the reply by the members.
    ·
  • Dear friends,
    Please think it seriously. together we can finish this copying of video classes and uploading in max of one or two days.
    ·
  • Hi friends,

I bought the tablet by Byju's classes recently and I must say I'm pretty impressed by the content of the lectures and the package as a whole. The best thing in my opinion is that we are not bound by the timings of the coaching institute. We can study from it whenever we want to. The teachers are good and have given nice and clear lectures. Plus they have assigned me a mentor who is a faculty at Byju's, so it's not that we don't have anyone to solve the doubts. The tablet also contains test series for GS and CSAT. They have also given me study material along with the tablet and will also be giving monthly current affairs magazine.

So, overall I can say I am satisfied with their tablet.

p.s. the time we are allotting in discussing ways to bypass their encryption can be utilized to finish up a couple of topics :P

·
  • @upsc14 Nice trick to advertise tablets ;;)
    ·
  • @anic21 bro look at the topic of discussion here "Time for tablet.. Learn on the go [Byju's Classes]"
    Isn't advertisement enough already ? If I suggest them this catch-phrase, I think they would award me with some discount. :D
    ·
  • we already have much to read online news websites etc. now regular classes too. guys save your eyes
    books are the best (yes not pdfs good old hand held books.)
    failure is temporary......
    ·
  • hi i m ready to contribute for ias tab ....if evry thing works we may start soon.
    ·
  • @venaktroshan39.i m intrested in btjus tablet ... If available guide me....
    ·
  • Well for 40k I would gift myself a kindle tab(11k) and invest the remaining sum in good books (course material+others). Remember that there were people who cracked ias without Byju's tab and there are people who will be cracking IAS this year and in the coming years without this tab :)
    ·
  • I checked their site where they have posted some trial version.

My point -
    1) Trial version(Business strategy) - One makes it as lucrative as it could be whereas the person is just reading the test and putting it in front of camera - It seems they started the trial version of this business for themselves.

2) Anatomy of mind- I still remember most of the contents from the nagraj and dhruv comics - I still remember different scientific method's from Dhruv comics(ROBO, Magnet, Kirigi, Bona vaman etc) than what I saw in mogli. Funny :D

3) Opinion of your thought can be accomplished with isolation of mind.

4) A good author is your best friend as he did his job because of his passion not for some marketing .

5) Video is just a one way communication - With books you and your intelligent mind which accepts and negate anything or everything what you have extracted out of a content.
    Same goes with classroom coaching provided you are proactive.

Not even in a mood to right anything on this :/.

·
  • It's too easy to bash something with knowing about it. I am using the tablet. I find it very helpful. Plus teachers come down to Bangalore from Delhi every weekend to take classes. What else should I expect ?

I know it's difficult to believe that studying from the tablet is even an option, but I am very happy with it and don't regret my decision to go with the tablet.
    ·
  • @upsc14 can you tell me how many hours is csat in that and wat is the total duration of video classes overall?
    ·
  • @vishwa555 I don't know the duration of csat part alag se as I haven't done much in csat. But it's Byju's so I am not worried about csat. They deal with cat so csat should not be an issue. The total duration altogether I have been told by them is around 500 hours.
    ·
  • edited February 2014
    @venaktroshan39 Data can be extracted but "not easily". It demands technique, skill and TIME.

And yeah there is nothing like "hack proof" software.
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
    ·
  • @venaktroshan39 Data can be extracted but "not easily". It demands technique, skill and TIME.

@venaktroshan39 Data can be extracted but "not easily". It demands technique, skill and TIME.

DID ENYONE EXTRACT IT ...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google