43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

In what order are you called for civil services interview?

Koi pattern hai kya? My roll no. is in 8 lakhs... Obc, working in Mumbai .. Any idea?
·

Comments

• edited January 23
    akhri

Jaan Tere Naam

·
  • According to the category. General-obc-sc-st
    ·
  • Koi pattern hai kya? My roll no. is in 8 lakhs... Obc, working in Mumbai .. Any idea?

atleast 1 month later from starting date. some theory also suggests working guys are called later.
    so obc, working, late roll no. etc all work in your favor.
    ·
  • About three - four years back they used to call those with Delhi and closer states Address first . Then when they moved the entire thing online , the order is really random.

If you are in ORN, be prepared to have it on first day first show too . I have friends who had it on first day first half and very little preparation within 7-10 days of result ( I think, dont remember clearly )
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • Thank you everyone for the help.
    ·
  • Probably those in and around Delhi would be called in the first two weeks. Rest would follow either arbitrarily or by some criteria known only to UPSC.
    Sweet is never as sweet without the sour.
    Engineer | 26 | Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    ·
  • Since 2014 interviews the order is randomised by comp...
    Sorry about the sapphires.
    ·
  • Typically in a day, how many candidates appear before an Interview panel?
    Prelims : 2/2. Mains : 0/2. 24 years. "Thats how you devour a whale ; One bite at a time"
    ·
  • Kek said:

Typically in a day, how many candidates appear before an Interview panel?

6×2×8=96 to 108 depending on d no. of boards available..
    ·
  • Kek said:

Typically in a day, how many candidates appear before an Interview panel?

6×2×8=96 to 108 depending on d no. of boards available..
    Thank you..! 12 candidates per day per Board. (app)
    Prelims : 2/2. Mains : 0/2. 24 years. "Thats how you devour a whale ; One bite at a time"
    ·
  • According to the category. General-obc-sc-st

Surely wrong.
    2 of my 'general' frnds got interviews in March first week and May respectively last year.

·
  • edited January 25
    It was very random last year.
    But there is one thing. A particular day is fixed for a particular category. There will only OBC candidates one day. Similarly for GM and SC/ST.
    But there is no particular order among these. That is : first day may be for GM guys, second for OBC guys and third again for GM guys.
    ·
  • most important thread at this point... thanks a lot guys for the vital info
    A Soul Force
    ·
  • do they conduct interview on staurday and sunday also
    ·
  • When interviews are going to commence?
    ·
  • @Crazierphoton @ambitious_rai - any idea to my above query?
    ·
  • How does being called latter for interview benefit you
    ·
  • @24madaeve @all - Bro, any idea when interviews shall commence. People are saying around 20th March- is it correct?
    ·
  • 24madaeve said:

How does being called latter for interview benefit you

Easier to get leave, cheaper tickets.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google