MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Dawn of Trump Presidency

The official swearing in ceremony has finally concluded! So would we now see a new, resurgent America? What would be the various implications/fallouts of this and how would India's interests change/get modified w.r.t his (Trump's) vision of domestic and foreign policies?

Thoughts and comments please!
An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory

Comments

• Good Points:
    US-Russia rapprochment. No need to choose between the 2.
    Sino-US rivalry: India can hope to remain 'pivot to asia'.

Bad points:
    Indian skilled workers loose - mostly in IT industry
    Iran deal - Again the balancing act for India
  • But trump's anti sino is just a rhetoric to cut a deal from china. Moment deal is cut his rhetorics will fade away and sino us cooperation may begin.
  • An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • 24madaeve said:

But trump's anti sino is just a rhetoric to cut a deal from china. Moment deal is cut his rhetorics will fade away and sino us cooperation may begin.

+1 he is using Taiwan as a leverage via one china policy.
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • Burger said:

24madaeve said:

But trump's anti sino is just a rhetoric to cut a deal from china. Moment deal is cut his rhetorics will fade away and sino us cooperation may begin.

+1 he is using Taiwan as a leverage via one china policy.
    Also Richard Varma went on a date with Tibetan leaders recently.
    Richard Varma is going home!
  • edited January 29
    @DepartedMisanthrope Tabhi kehta hun, quit drinking!

P.s:- atleast he's fulfilling all his poll promises! :D
  • @DepartedMisanthrope Tabhi kehta hun, quit drinking!

P.s:- atleast he's fulfilling all his poll promises! :D
    That's what happens when you make poll promises on hooch.

P. S. I only drink IMFL or FL. :D So I'm safe from becoming Trump. :p
    Dead and departed general caste player. RIP.
  • edited January 29
    1. russia calling china us and russian triad for better responsible global leadership is a positive call
    2. but immigration norms and complete ban on 7 muslim countries could attract some ire from west asia and india cn look here for the moment
    3. heard about software firms layoffs in india too before his swearing in
    hope thats not gonna b true
    He is out there holding your hand...
  • US federal court has stayed some of trump's executive orders.
  • I don't have a problem with US ban of immigrants, which is their prerogative. But simultaneously there should be a policy of non interference in their internal affairs as well. Most of the current mess is legacy of the US itself.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
  • I don't have a problem with US ban of immigrants, which is their prerogative. But simultaneously there should be a policy of non interference in their internal affairs as well. Most of the current mess is legacy of the US itself.

wht abt non interference in other country's internal affairs bro?

wht abt non interference in other country's internal affairs bro?
    That is exactly what he meant!
  • k
    i misread "their"
  • @jensen_ackles will the world be at 'Peace' ever again ;) ?
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.

It's impossible for someone to be a world leader without interfering.
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • edited January 29
    Burger said:

@jensen_ackles will the world be at peace ever again ;) ?

yeah brother if people like you cooperate world will be a better place to live in :| @Burger /\
  • pizza said:

I don't have a problem with US ban of immigrants, which is their prerogative. But simultaneously there should be a policy of non interference in their internal affairs as well. Most of the current mess is legacy of the US itself.

Incorrect assertion.

But even if it's assumed to be true, then be a "World Leader" by all means and interfere all you like. But then don't blame muslims. They were happily busy killing each other before the west painted a target on their own forehead. Be aware of the consequences and price of interference.
  • pizza said:

I don't have a problem with US ban of immigrants, which is their prerogative. But simultaneously there should be a policy of non interference in their internal affairs as well. Most of the current mess is legacy of the US itself.

Incorrect assertion.

But even if it's assumed to be true, then be a "World Leader" by all means and interfere all you like. But then don't blame muslims. They were happily busy killing each other before the west painted a target on their own forehead. Be aware of the consequences and price of interference.
    For the first time you are talking too ideal for the real world. :mrgreen:
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • pizza said:

If interference is a must, make it humanitarian and not military! :)
  • Burger said:

@jensen_ackles will the world be at peace ever again ;) ?

yeah brother if people like you cooperate world will be a better place to live in :| @Burger /\
    What can I do? I am just a little burger who wants to see 'peace' in the world :trollface:
  • pizza said:

Revisit the entire human history, put yourself in the same position and see if what you are asking is possible ;)
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • If Casterly rocks has some oil, it will need democracy and freedom too from incestous and dwarf lannisters who are obssessed in sending their regards without invitation :trollface: @Jaime_Lannister
  • Burger said:

If Casterly rocks has some oil, it will need democracy and freedom too from incestous and dwarf lannisters who are obssessed in sending their regards without invitation :trollface: @ Jaime_Lannister

Casterly Rock does have some oil...

• edited January 29
    pizza said:

pizza said:

Revisit the entire human history, put yourself in the same position and see if what you are asking is possible ;)
    What are you talking? Our National haanikarak Bapu single handedly hushed away Britishers wearing only a dhoti and carrying one stick. Go read some books and spent some less time inside the oven :trollface:
  • edited January 29
    pizza said:

pizza said:

Incorrect assertion.

For the first time you are talking too ideal for the real world. :mrgreen:
    Haha... The mutual exclusivity of ideal and real world is only a figment of imagination of theorists. Every kind of world exists simultaneously.
  • edited January 29

Burger said:

If Casterly rocks has some oil, it will need democracy and freedom too from incestous and dwarf lannisters who are obssessed in sending their regards without invitation :trollface: @ Jaime_Lannister

Casterly Rock does have some oil...

haha you need 20% extra democracy and freedom
  • Burger said:

pizza said:

pizza said:

What are you talking? Our National haanikarak Bapu single handedly hushed away Britishers wearing only a dhoti and carrying one stick. Go read some books and spent some less time inside the oven :trollface:
    Oh so bapu was the leader of the republic of ivory tower? Sprinkle some piri puri on yourself and then comment. :trollface:
    Good Bye. See you Later.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog