Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Review needed - Anand Vardhan Classes for Essay

Needed review of Vikash Ranjan and Anand Vardhan for essay test series
·

Comments

• +1 for Vardhan.Searched forum.Couldnt find anything conclusive.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • Vikas ranjan-cudnt find helpful 4 me.nd anand vardhan s unknown xcept on forum.did join ther in Oct but due 2 his lax/slow response,dint go 2 seek f/b-so can't comment on whether helpful or not.
    ·
  • my score 138 last time...sought help from a senior aspirant who takes online/offline classes at very affordable price and himself is scoring consistent high marks in essay paper...don't fall for big names who charge astronomical fee without any personal help being provided individually...mass teaching mentality even after charging such high fee from individual students...in my opinion don't go by stereotypes or ads or hyped popularity..either get hold of seniors with good marks consistently...or take notes,toppers essays answer copies from market and try to prepare on your own...with mutual checking of answer copies among a group of good sincere aspirants.
    ·
  • my score 138 last time...sought help from a senior aspirant who takes online/offline classes at very affordable price and himself is scoring consistent high marks in essay paper...don't fall for big names who charge astronomical fee without any personal help being provided individually...mass teaching mentality even after charging such high fee from individual students...in my opinion don't go by stereotypes or ads or hyped popularity..either get hold of seniors with good marks consistently...or take notes,toppers essays answer copies from market and try to prepare on your own...with mutual checking of answer copies among a group of good sincere aspirants.

can you please tell who that senior is? TIA
    ·
  • He works in a lethargic approach with papers not returned in normal time.However, his way of writing skills & reviews are adequate for one to find out his/her weaknesses.
    Frankly, one can expand his thinking horizons only when he has Value addition points to the Topics and also in a class where highly charged discussions take place.Both these, you are going to miss in his classes.
    I was stuck in a situation where i could really revamp my approach towards essay but was certainly devoid of expanding my thinking capacities.Not recommended for a candidate who wish to write essays which are versatile.
    PSIR in Mains '15
    ·
  • I think Anand Vardhan Sir is a very different kind of teacher in civil services coaching market. In fact, it's unfair to compare him with anyone. As an excellent writer and very analytical journalist himself, the nuances of writing that he suggests and the ideas he generates on wide range of themes are great to learn and it's really great to talk to him. His evaluation is rigorous and I benefitted from his critical insights on writing and perspectives.But, yes, as his level is far above UPSC aspirants, you have to be very alert and focused to grasp his suggestions and ideas. Also, as he teaching is second occupation, he is sometimes time constrained and you have to be persistent to get most of him. No ads, no frills, no flaunting of toppers lists ( though he has taught many of them), he is one genuine teacher who I really admire in my 3 years of preparation in Delhi for his great insights into writing,vast knowledge and sharp analysis and above all, integrity as a teacher. It may read like a fan's comment but that's the kind of deep impression his teaching left on me.
    ·
  • lots of promotion :hushed: ^^
    ·
  • Joined Anand Vardhan essay in 2016 (1st attempt).Got 145+ in essay (but not due to Anand Vardhan alone)

Pros -
    - He is analytical and can give you decent suggestions, given you are able to interact with him personally.This became difficult last time thanks to his regularity.

Cons -
    - He is not regular in returning evaluated essays.Out of my 7 essays I couldn't get back last 2. For the previous ones also I had to contact him regularly and persistently.This becomes extremely frustrating for me.He claims that essay test series is not his primary job perhaps this may be the reason for his delay (which is not justified and is unprofessional.)

- Personally, I feel he is a bit arrogant and thinks of himself as some righteous soul and aspirants as "job seekers" who are average people having no desire to serve the society but only want a government job.

Caution : If at all you join his test series, he gives less marks overall so don't get demotivated by that. He himself admits that. Last time he rarely gave anyone more than 100 marks in both the essays combined.
    ·
  • edited June 20
    kashyap38 said:

I think Anand Vardhan Sir is a very different kind of teacher in civil services coaching market. In fact, it's unfair to compare him with anyone. As an excellent writer and very analytical journalist himself, the nuances of writing that he suggests and the ideas he generates on wide range of themes are great to learn and it's really great to talk to him. His evaluation is rigorous and I benefitted from his critical insights on writing and perspectives.But, yes, as his level is far above UPSC aspirants, you have to be very alert and focused to grasp his suggestions and ideas. Also, as he teaching is second occupation, he is sometimes time constrained and you have to be persistent to get most of him. No ads, no frills, no flaunting of toppers lists ( though he has taught many of them), he is one genuine teacher who I really admire in my 3 years of preparation in Delhi for his great insights into writing,vast knowledge and sharp analysis and above all, integrity as a teacher. It may read like a fan's comment but that's the kind of deep impression his teaching left on me.

Bhai, he gives ads in The Hindu for his test series. Last time (in 2016) he took in so many students that he was not able to evaluate their essays on time which is his main role.

Time is everything in this exam, if you are not able to contact him then what's the use of his journalistic, analytical skills ?

Integrity - he generalises a lot when he questions the motivations of aspirants for joining civil services. I cannot see any integrity there or neither from the fact that he takes money for the entire test series but returns only limited essays.

Perhaps, you have seen so many bad teachers that anyone better than them seems to be god to you.( no offence intended. take in right spirit.)
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog