Courses for CSE 2018 by ForumIAS
.
MGP 2018 - ( 40 Tests : 20 Half Length Tests + 20 Full Length Tests) - Beins 1st October | Prelims - 1st October | CGP 2018 - 25th September
.

How to maximize marks in paper 2

If you have been able to perform average or above it in this paper then please share your strategy and improvements you made over previous attempts
·
«1

Comments

  • edited January 20
    @bedapar :'( :'(
    What to do apart from flow charts. :mrgreen:
    ·
  • kaguya said:

    @bedapar :'( :'(
    What to do apart from flow charts. :mrgreen:

    ye msg me bataunga ye subject lead deta hai toh copyright :mrgreen:
    ·
  • bedapar said:

    kaguya said:

    @bedapar :'( :'(
    What to do apart from flow charts. :mrgreen:

    ye msg me bataunga ye subject lead deta hai toh copyright :mrgreen:
    mujhe bhi cc kar dijiyega :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    ·
  • bedapar said:

    kaguya said:

    @bedapar :'( :'(
    What to do apart from flow charts. :mrgreen:

    ye msg me bataunga ye subject lead deta hai toh copyright :mrgreen:
    Ji sir. B)

    ·
  • @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??
    ·
  • aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    ·
  • bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    :o :o
    ·
  • Can anyone share the PDF of The Indian constitution Book by Granville Austin?
    But why?
    ·
  • bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    1 reading is enough? hw much time it took?
    He is out there holding your hand...
    ·
  • peace said:

    bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    1 reading is enough? hw much time it took?
    Maine toh sab ke recommendations mag rakhe hai. I just chep them. :mrgreen:
    ·
  • peace said:

    bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    1 reading is enough? hw much time it took?
    depends upon individual. Read 1 report in 2-3 days I think if one has not read till now then till result declaration one can read. Read selectively. It gives us insight how we can compare internationally like traditional culture and structure of bureaucracy and development- one can easily compare with UK and Australia it is given in 10th report.
    I read once made notes and revised them whenever any news related to that part comes. This helps.
    ·
  • bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    did you find it useful in answer writing in mains ??
    ·
  • bedapar said:

    peace said:

    bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    1 reading is enough? hw much time it took?
    depends upon individual. Read 1 report in 2-3 days I think if one has not read till now then till result declaration one can read. Read selectively. It gives us insight how we can compare internationally like traditional culture and structure of bureaucracy and development- one can easily compare with UK and Australia it is given in 10th report.
    I read once made notes and revised them whenever any news related to that part comes. This helps.
    God of GS2. o:)
    ·
  • aj_023 said:

    bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    did you find it useful in answer writing in mains ??
    u know the answer.
    It depends how u read wat u retain and how easily u can recall.
    All generic ques of this yr paper-2 has been covered comprehensively in 2nd ARC.
    ·
  • bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    did you find it useful in answer writing in mains ??
    u know the answer.
    It depends how u read wat u retain and how easily u can recall.
    All generic ques of this yr paper-2 has been covered comprehensively in 2nd ARC.
    ohhk..any idea about vision ias handout do they cover all the required recommendation ??
    ·
  • edited January 20
    aj_023 said:

    bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    did you find it useful in answer writing in mains ??
    u know the answer.
    It depends how u read wat u retain and how easily u can recall.
    All generic ques of this yr paper-2 has been covered comprehensively in 2nd ARC.
    ohhk..any idea about vision ias handout do they cover all the required recommendation ??
    never read any coaching material till now so can't comment.
    Except for vision monthly :)
    ·
  • bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    bedapar said:

    aj_023 said:

    @bedapar aapne recommended ARC's Padhi thi kya is bar paper 2 ke liye ??

    I have read whole ARC. Only reco u can't recall or recollect unless u read whole ARC.
    did you find it useful in answer writing in mains ??
    u know the answer.
    It depends how u read wat u retain and how easily u can recall.
    All generic ques of this yr paper-2 has been covered comprehensively in 2nd ARC.
    ohhk..any idea about vision ias handout do they cover all the required recommendation ??
    never read any coaching material till now so can't comment.
    Except for vision monthly :)
    i incompletely read vision ias 2arc summary..
    Lack of flow made it lesser interesting and difficult to mug..
    Uske baad sirf resolution hi ban saka h.. ARC padhne ka :mrgreen: ..
    Qawalli Lover. Die hard fan of NFAK..
    "Aag ka dariya h, doob ke jana hai."
    ·
  • what abt those questions like?
    coelho case
    delhi govt issue
    etc
    how to do our @bedapar in such ? :#
    He is out there holding your hand...
    ·
  • How to increase power to recall in exam ?
    ·
  • edited January 20
    peace said:

    what abt those questions like?
    coelho case
    delhi govt issue
    etc
    how to do our @bedapar in such ? :#

    cohelo case 1st part was factual so one may know or not. 2nd part 1 should have idea about judicial review importance as it is mentioned in syllabus so one should have 10 points ready ki aaye toh vomate kar dena hai.
    Cohelo if one has researched topics of syllabus then basic structure - SC has given 5 principles- 1 in KB case, 2 in minerava mills 2 in coelho (not sure). so detailed study of syllabus will do. This was straight ques unlike last yr pollution and SC decision.
    69th Amendment was in lakshmikant not knowing is sin :mrgreen:
    also newspaper has covered it.
    its 2nd part i agree was difficult for non pol sci student regarding context in fedral polity. It was a theoretical ques which gives edge who know theory otherwise u will connect with federalism and will end up with screwing the ques.
    This year paper was theoretical so I think those who relied on current will face difficulty.
    but 5 ques of middle portion can be written excellently with 2nd ARC it has flow chart international comparison everything to make ans unique .
    Keep syllabus in front and read ARC relevant portion.
    ·
  • edited January 20
    very useful info bedapar.
    never gave priority to arc.
    could it be the reason people score lesser in paper2?(not reading arc).
    Qawalli Lover. Die hard fan of NFAK..
    "Aag ka dariya h, doob ke jana hai."
    ·
  • bedapar said:

    peace said:

    what abt those questions like?
    coelho case
    delhi govt issue
    etc
    how to do our @bedapar in such ? :#

    cohelo case 1st part was factual so one may know or not. 2nd part 1 should have idea about judicial review importance as it is mentioned in syllabus so one should have 10 points ready ki aaye toh vomate kar dena hai.
    Cohelo if one has researched topics of syllabus then basic structure - SC has given 5 principles- 1 in KB case, 2 in minerava mills 2 in coelho (not sure). so detailed study of syllabus will do. This was straight ques unlike last yr pollution and SC decision.
    69th Amendment was in lakshmikant not knowing is sin :mrgreen:
    also newspaper has covered it.
    its 2nd part i agree was difficult for non pol sci student regarding context in fedral polity. It was a theoretical ques which gives edge who know theory otherwise u will connect with federalism and will end up with screwing the ques.
    This year paper was theoretical so I think those who relied on current will face difficulty.
    but 5 ques of middle portion can be written excellently with 2nd ARC it has flow chart international comparison everything to make ans unique .
    Keep syllabus in front and read ARC relevant portion.
    i did a sin :| part 2 infact better likh dia hoga
    thanks ppr2 guru >:)

    He is out there holding your hand...
    ·
  • seed_15 said:

    very useful info bedapar.
    never gave priority to arc.
    Is it the reason people score lesser in paper2?(not reading arc).

    no that's not the reason.
    People write only current perspective without theoretical underpinning that too generic ans.
    ·
  • edited January 20
    bedapar said:

    seed_15 said:

    very useful info bedapar.
    never gave priority to arc.
    Is it the reason people score lesser in paper2?(not reading arc).

    no that's not the reason.
    People write only current perspective without theoretical underpinning that too generic ans.
    mentioning sc judgement!! laws, constt. articles..and international comparison??
    This was tried.. But ofcourse this could have been more proficiently done after arc reading..
    will read this with priority this time :mrgreen:
    thanks for honest suggestion.
    Qawalli Lover. Die hard fan of NFAK..
    "Aag ka dariya h, doob ke jana hai."
    ·
  • coelho case directly given in polity book by laxmikant.
    rest was current affairs.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses


UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog