ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Is LSTV's Public Forum better than RSTV's Big Picture.

Its been over 2 years I've been watching Big Picture but I think LSTV's Public Forum is turning into a better show that it.
It brings lesser people(diversity is not a function of people but ideas) and gives them time to speak. I have noticed that all panelists have a lot to share but somehow they are stopped in order to make way for others. After the demise of Girish Nikam, Big Picture isnt the same anymore(though Frank tries his best).
Earlier when LSTV's youtube channel was launched they did not put titles to the show but now they have started to do it. I would suggest others to take a look at the LSTV's Public Forum and see for yourself.

PS: This is not an binary comparison of this vs that. Bringing out what I see as better, others are entitled to have their views. :)
·

Comments

• Its been over 2 years I've been watching Big Picture but I think LSTV's Public Forum is turning into a better show that it.
    It brings lesser people(diversity is not a function of people but ideas) and gives them time to speak. I have noticed that all panelists have a lot to share but somehow they are stopped in order to make way for others. After the demise of Girish Nikam, Big Picture isnt the same anymore(though Frank tries his best).
    Earlier when LSTV's youtube channel was launched they did not put titles to the show but now they have started to do it. I would suggest others to take a look at the LSTV's Public Forum and see for yourself.

PS: This is not an binary comparison of this vs that. Bringing out what I see as better, others are entitled to have their views. :)

Does lstv upload its prog like rstv does? I have not seen this programme. What are the timings!
    Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles...
    ·
  • Yes, they are doing it(youtube playlists) for over 3 months now. They dont have as much shows as RSTV does, but Public Forum in particular is really good.
    ·
  • Yes, they are doing it(youtube playlists) for over 3 months now. They dont have as much shows as RSTV does, but Public Forum in particular is really good.

Was not aware of that. Thanks.. Will check out some videos and then comment again. :)
    ·
  • I watch both,though not regularly.but still content wise find rstv better.
    ·
  • Public Forum is discussing some important issues which TBP skips sometimes. The experts are not as recognized as on the RSTV but still they are the domain experts. Time allotted per speaker is also longer, so multiple arguments are put forward and explained in a simple manner, and feels less hurried.
    But why?
    ·
  • Thanks
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • I have to agree with @arunshourie1989 that even though the quality of the panelists is better in RSTV than Lstv, the discussions often feel rushed and leave you with more questions than answers.
    But at the end of the day, these shows can help to improve our content, so instead of being faithful to just one channel, we should try to cover different issues from both of them.
    ·
  • I saw one debate on inequality of income before going to sleep yesterday. As others have mentioned the pannel is small enabling people to express their opinion in detailed manner. I felt it was quite articulate. But having said that nothing can replace the newspapers. :)

Thank you for sharing the info. :)
    ·
  • Time gap is also there ,tbp is 30min nd pf 1 hr
    correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
    ·
  • thanks mate.. any other useful program@ lstv?
    Qawalli Lover. Die hard fan of NFAK..
    "Aag ka dariya h, doob ke jana hai."
    ·
  • Can smone pls give me link to online lstv programmes? Thanks.
    ·
  • Can smone pls give me link to online lstv programmes? Thanks.

correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
    ·
  • baali said:

Can smone pls give me link to online lstv programmes? Thanks.

Thanks. :smile:
    ·
  • I follow the episodes whose summary is given by Insights on India...is that enough or do we need to watch all the episodes???
    ·
  • I follow the episodes whose summary is given by Insights on India...is that enough or do we need to watch all the episodes???

Post the link. Will review it. :)
    ·

Post the link. Will review it. :)
    i have read once...the Bigpicture review..bura nahi h.. :)
    Qawalli Lover. Die hard fan of NFAK..
    "Aag ka dariya h, doob ke jana hai."
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google