[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Optional subject suggestion for 5 years Experience IT engineer

I am currently working in a software company since last 5 years
i am and BE in information & Technology.
I want to know what are the potential options that i can opt as Optional Subjects.I am a beginner in Civil Services Preparation.
P.S.-i am planning to choose Public administration.
New member in the forum please let me know if it is the wrong place for such a beginners questions
·

Comments

• Re consider pub ad.....lot of understading and writing skill required...vast syllabus...boring...
    #personal view
    ·
  • Optional subject must be based on your interest and availability of guidence. Plan whether you will be taking classes if yes which are accessible to you. If not the availability of materials to do self study. Go through different optional threads in the Forumias to get a glimpse about different optional subject then decide
    Now or Never
    ·
  • @ Beast IAS :
    Interest should be one of the main consideration . Other things just fall in line . I would recommend you to opt for the subject from engeenering background as u have background and experience in that field provided you have interest in that field. But outing that , you can also appear in the IES examination with confidence . The thing is you should have something in hand after your years of preparation .
    ·
  • Beast IAS said:

I am currently working in a software company since last 5 years
    i am and BE in information & Technology.
    I want to know what are the potential options that i can opt as Optional Subjects.I am a beginner in Civil Services Preparation.
    P.S.-i am planning to choose Public administration.
    New member in the forum please let me know if it is the wrong place for such a beginners questions

Bro you yourself have to take a decision in this case. Go through various optional threads on this forum and see the syllabus of different optionals. Each of optional have its own benefits and drawbacks.
    ·
  • if u r working along with preparation and have time issues..and also have no personal choice based on interest. u can go for maithili literature...i am from non maithili bakcground. gave mains with job this year ..I am also chemical engineer with job outside India and Maithili was manageable
    ·
  • Don't take pub ad or geo . #GoldenRule.
    ·
  • Step 1 : Shortlist optionals according to your love for the subject.Cany decide if you love any ? Flirt with the topics on youtube and NCERT(for 11th and 12th)

Step2: Decide on this basis
    1. If you had to study this topic for three years? Would you ?
    2. If you read on the topic a lot and someone asked you to give a speech/TED talk/seminar etc.,how passsionately would you accept the idea?
    3. Would you be willing to teach the subject to anyone who needed to learn?

Step 3 :
    Have you given enough time to the above steps?Do not make the decision in haste.Take a week if you have to.
    If you got stuck midway is there anyone or any thing that could help you?

Thats pretty much it.ll optionals have some pros and cons.In the end you'll have to work really hard !
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
    ·
  • pud ad is fluctuating if you look at the candidate demand for the subject
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog