43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

mechanical engineering mains 2016

hey guys! how was your mains performance, in mech this year , and overall in general! please post your attempts and expected score keeping in mind trend n all :)
for me paper 1 was easy but was not able to complete the paper and attempted 420 only and out of which 20X3 was nt fully attempted i mean screwed up in exam hall , among these 3 20 marker two partially attmpted, ( i knew all questions in the paper :( and feeling sad thats why ) and 1 half wrong due to + - mistake in merchant circle wala question , overall not satisfied with the performance as paper was easy.
paper 2 was also quite easier side as far as last two years paper were concerned. i attmpted 210-220, and confidnt in whatever i had attmptd. overall satisfied with my attmpt in this paper
overall i can say many people will score more thn 300 this time or above 270 atleast if scaling is also taken , if given120 in paper 1 , thn only i could get 240 250 marks i guess.,, all will depend on examiner how much they will provide for steps . All the best guys
·

Comments

• Paper 1 me 420 kse attempt kr gye bhai :open_mouth:
    ·
  • Bhai 270 above will be difficult because of easy paper it will be downscaled a bit compared to optional like chemistry and maths because maths exam was toughest in upsc history, Last year score was good because paper was of good standard this year level was dipped particularly paper 1. Hope they set tough paper to give chance for hard wroking people setting easy paper will allow average student to compete with hard working student

Jaan Tere Naam

·
  • edited January 13
    arey bhai 220 * typo it was :tongue:

·
  • No scaling will be there bro , as ajit said , atleast 2-3 candidates will be above 300 for sure
    ·
  • bhai kitni bhi scaling ho for sure 270 se uper bhot logo k ayenge, wo baat alag hai ki total selection unme se kitno ka hota hai..mech mein to moderation ka bhi chakkr nhi ek he prof. check krega 70 80 max dete hain mains
    ·
  • mein ek bnde ko janta hun uska 400 ban rhe hain...ies rank 10 tha..meri trah galtia nhi kr ke aya hoga koi to lejyega number araam se
    ·
  • my attempt : 230 + 250.....incorrect : 10 + 10 ..partial correct : 20 ...baaki yaar theory aisi likhi hai jo sbko aati hai...;) numericals will b the decider...baaki yeh to sure hai ki v are at advantage this time...but doston ethics n essay ko mat bhulo wo bhi is baar crucial role play karenge to get gud rank...lets hope for d best....
    :)
    chahe kitni bhi ho adchane...chahe kitna bhi ho andhera ghana..
    MAIN chal rha hun..MAIN chal rha hun...
    ·
  • edited January 13
    @"rohit sharma" good yaar u will definitly get good marks , and yup ethics n essay wud be rank decider,, mera to sabh average sa he gya,, it was my firts attmpt . dont know what exactly avg or not :P :D
    ·
  • Bhaio zarur batana expected marks mile ya nahi

Jaan Tere Naam

·
  • edited January 13
    I attempted 250 in paper 1 plus 230in.paper 2 expecting 250 after scaling....lets see..
    ·
  • how many candidates every year opt mechanical as optional.approximately any idea guys
    ·
  • @luckmatters 2013 it was 64 n finally 4 were selected,,,similar figures in 2014 15....apna ek he examiner chck krega,,, so no jhamela of moderation..
    ·
  • hey, I think selections were pretty high in 2015, I noticed 11 mech guys upto rank 604...
    ·
  • yes but overall its not cmprble to maths . or other engg branches..this time we can hope for further increase in number
    ·
  • hey, I think selections were pretty high in 2015, I noticed 11 mech guys upto rank 604...

11 guys but no one made into ias first rank was 156 and second was 178
    When a lady is pregnant, all her friends touch her stomach and " Congrats" . But none of them come and touch the man's phallus and says " Well Done".
    ·
  • Kya baat h @"rohit sharma"
    tumhari hi kami thi ,
    Tum jse bhaiyo ka count bdhta ja rha h , or idhar BP ............
    dekhte hn kya bnta h kam attempt walo ka
    ·
  • tumhara kaisa hua hai and kitna attmot? @backbencher
    ·
  • Bhai 450 ka h mera
    ·
  • attempted 235+210. Bhai paper 2 me kuch compulsory questions bilkul nhi aate the. Similar was the story in IFoS paper-1.
    ·
  • hua kisi ka??
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google