"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains 2017 : The Only Course you will need to Score 400+ in GS
Mains Foundation 2017 by Ravi R Chokkalingam – to cover GS Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 1 (Social Issues), Ethics & Essay – with 4 Full Length Mock Tests.
Classes (Online | Offline) commence from 27th June for Mains Foundation, Mains Current Affairs, GS Paper III, Ethics & Essay

Call : 9555923039 for early bird discounts

Good colleges to apply other than IIMs after CAT

hello every1 :)
specially those who have some idea/written CAT/ finished MBAs
with a percentile of 96.7 can you please suggest which good colleges one can apply to other than IIMs?
even at 98 IIMs r not calling many times..
with a college gpa in the range of 6 and this percentile and 1.5 yr experience whr shd one look at?
pl suggest colleges worth it/just next to iims .
also IITD and IITB provides mba any idea how are these?

asking for a friend :#
He is out there holding your hand...
·

Comments

• MDI Gurgaon is real good. A bit costly but really good in terms of placement. Narsingh-Monjee and SP Jain in Mumbai are excellent too.

SJM @ IITB is top of the line. Join it with closed eyes if u want value for money. IITD & IITK Management are exactly comparable in all terms. It'll boil down to whether u prefer Delhi (hot girls) or Kanpur (cold girls). :joy: :joy:
    Tuition fees to average placement ratio for IITs is best in world.

You asking this question proves tht u r from UR category. So, as usual, expect tough comptt. Prepare for GD/PI well. It makes all the difference.

All the best. :)
    ·
  • edited January 9

MDI Gurgaon is real good. A bit costly but really good in terms of placement. Narsingh-Monjee and SP Jain in Mumbai are excellent too.

SJM @ IITB is top of the line. Join it with closed eyes if u want value for money. IITD & IITK Management are exactly comparable in all terms. It'll boil down to whether u prefer Delhi (hot girls) or Kanpur (cold girls). :joy: :joy:

You asking this question proves tht u r from UR category. So, as usual, expect tough comptt. Prepare for GD/PI well. It makes all the difference.

Apart from the above mentioned ones,you have NITIE(a good one),IMI,Great lakes, etc.IITs offer you a decent enough placement though profile might not be comparable to that offered at old IIMs.Even Roorkee has decent enough median package.Same goes for IISc' MBA.(They keep on closing and reopening their MBA courses).In any case,ROI is just awesome.
    I am not sure whether IITs and NMIMS use CAT as the criterion.They used to have a different entrance exam during my days.
    SPJAIN prefers work-ex and shining profile.It is hard for freshers to get in specially with a low GPA( unless you have a stellar profile).I hope you prove me wrong.:)
    SIBM and SCMHRD(good life experience ;) ) are also not so bad but have their own entrance.ROI is low though.
    Their are a couple of courses offered by Delhi university colleges that have their own entrance.DSE,SRCC and MFC at south Delhi campus are Some niche courses.They may be low on your radar but have a look.
    RGIPT offers MBA wherein you can secure a seat easily and then get placed in a PSU/Maharatna.The course is a niche one again.
    See what suits you.Pagalguy is a better platform for MBA related queries.
    Good luck.
    ·
  • Thanks lot @Indian_Cheetah
    No problem abt cost it will pay off in few yrs of wrk.. main issue is placements..
    IItk is also worth attending? Thats gud to hear..
    Yes general category..bt I hope if aftr getting a call, during interview college marks doesn bcm a hinderance as boards mrks r like 90 95 bt college 6.sm1 :/
    Will nitie call at this score? I hope sm of these dn see college gpa bt only d score
    ·
  • Progeny said:

MDI Gurgaon is real good. A bit costly but really good in terms of placement. Narsingh-Monjee and SP Jain in Mumbai are excellent too.

Apart from the above mentioned ones,you have NITIE(a good one),IMI,Great lakes, etc.IITs offer you a decent enough placement though profile might not be comparable to that offered at old IIMs.Even Roorkee has decent enough median package.Same goes for IISc' MBA.(They keep on closing and reopening their MBA courses).In any case,ROI is just awesome.
    I am not sure whether IITs and NMIMS use CAT as the criterion.They used to have a different entrance exam during my days.
    SPJAIN prefers work-ex and shining profile.It is hard for freshers to get in specially with a low GPA( unless you have a stellar profile).I hope you prove me wrong.:)
    SIBM and SCMHRD(good life experience ;) ) are also not so bad but have their own entrance.ROI is low though.
    Their are a couple of courses offered by Delhi university colleges that have their own entrance.DSE,SRCC and MFC at south Delhi campus are Some niche courses.They may be low on your radar but have a look.
    RGIPT offers MBA wherein you can secure a seat easily and then get placed in a PSU/Maharatna.The course is a niche one again.
    See what suits you.Pagalguy is a better platform for MBA related queries.
    Good luck.
    thanks @Progeny yes iits hv started tking cat score
    earlier they used to hv their exam
    will nitie call at this score? does it call only on score or score + profile
    regarding iisc i hope they complete 1 batch's term if they take lol
    n this great lakes hearing abt it nw n then, is it worth? comparable to nitie etc?
    ·
  • edited January 9
    Bhaaya madchhokra pe pata kar lo
    ·
  • Bhaaya madchhokra pe pata kar lo

did u pronounce it correctly? nothing like this in google :#
    ·
  • NITIE is better than the great lakes.I guess you can apply for NITIE as you have workex and decent 10/12th marks.
    Great lakes has a positive,their course duration.One year,if I remember correctly?
    JBIMS is a good one too(with the 2nd best ROI after FMS).You can take their entrance,I reckon.MHCET?
    Regarding IISC,I'll tell you one thing.10 years back,they used to have a median package comparable to IMI,MDI.But on and off,they have been.
    ·
  • peace said:

He means pagalguy
    One burger a day, keeps fitness away.
    ·
  • Progeny said:

NITIE is better than the great lakes.I guess you can apply for NITIE as you have workex and decent 10/12th marks.
    Great lakes has a positive,their course duration.One year,if I remember correctly?
    JBIMS is a good one too(with the 2nd best ROI after FMS).You can take their entrance,I reckon.MHCET?
    Regarding IISC,I'll tell you one thing.10 years back,they used to have a median package comparable to IMI,MDI.But on and off,they have been.

ok fine
    yes JBIMS hs separate MHCT , will search regarding IISC's present status
    yes great lakes is 1 yr bt dn knw why feel nhi aati :D
    ·
  • Burger said:

peace said:

He means pagalguy
    lolwa burger :D
    ·
  • edited January 9
    peace said:

Thanks lot Indian_Cheetah
    No problem abt cost it will pay off in few yrs of wrk.. main issue is placements..
    Yes general category..bt I hope if aftr getting a call, during interview college marks doesn bcm a hinderance as boards mrks r like 90 95 bt college 6.sm1 :/
    Will nitie call at this score? I hope sm of these dn see college gpa bt only d score

Anytime bro.
    Yes, I'm sorry to say that college GPA matters.

Search all ur questions at Quora. There are awfully detailed and cogent answers for all ur questions over there - institute wise, course wise branch wise.
    Pagalguy is haphazard and you'll have to wean things frm garbage.
    ·
  • peace said:

Thanks lot Indian_Cheetah

Anytime bro.
    Yes, I'm sorry to say that college GPA matters.

Search all ur questions at Quora. There are awfully detailed and cogent answers for all ur questions over there - institute wise, course wise branch wise.
    Pagalguy is haphazard and you'll have to wean things frm garbage.
    ok wil do
    college gpa is a pain :'(
    ·
  • ^^

A real PIA.
    And I don't mean Pakistan International Airlines. :D
    ·
  • ^^

A real PIA.
    And I don't mean Pakistan International Airlines. :D

i ws abt to write tht bt refrained :D
    1st tym cm to knw abt this other Pakistan PIA lol
    ·
  • Peace bhaayo baddo sayano
    Jaano sab hai banao dramo
    ·
  • edited January 16
    peace said:

with a percentile of 96.7 can you please suggest which good colleges one can apply to other than IIMs?
    with a college gpa in the range of 6 and this percentile and 1.5 yr experience whr shd one look at?

FMS delhi wil be best option (considering gpa %ile etc)
    ·
  • peace said:

FMS delhi wil be best option (considering gpa %ile etc)
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google